787B Owners' Challenge

13

Comments

  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone without the legendary Lancia, you will be out at level 15. No matter how many Lambos you have. 

    So that means you won’t even get the CF. 

    So if you were a long term player who has given Hutch a LOT of money, you would have been better off selling your 787B before the finals then going in and competing for it and getting a CF. 

    You’d have had a better chance of that, then this. 

    So in fact, 787B owners will be a CF worse off. 

    Not sure that is fair based on one car??? (The Lancia off roader)

    Again, there is nothing subtle about the attempt to make the owners group by the Italian CFs which is really, really, really poor. And very deliberate. 


  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a challenge for entry late that won Mazda!! :D:D
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    To out this into perspective. I fully expect to get the 787 in the rerun. So a T1 hand. I don't have the lancia so wouldn't get a CF in the challenge. That just isn't right. 
    The challenge prizes are in addition to the 787B and CF won in the first owners final. Prizes need to be assessed across both finals.

    So for example I finished in the top 10% in the first final and got an Aerovette, and a CF which yielded an S2 Coupe. In this final I'll be finishing in the top 5% for an X1/9 Dallara and a second CF. 

    Would any owners struggling on the challenge care to swap their first and second 787B event prizes with me?

    I didn't think so.

    Even if I'd finished tier 2 in the first final and got a Camaro ZL1 I'd happily swap both epics and both CFs for a 787B, one CF and sod all from the owner's challlenge.

    So almost 99% of players will be doing worse across both events than existing 787B owners - the 98% who get tier 2 and below, and those who win the current final who weren't around for the first.

    And this is ignoring all the extra gold and packs the 787B has allowed you to win over the last year and a half. How many people complaining about the challenge are in line for a Carbon Fibre from the Showcase event?

    From my perspective this challenge is a welcome change in the right direction. Winning a prize car early on should not be an automatic grant for better prizes than a couple of tier 2 finals finishes.

    The trend should be for exceptional garages to become more average, so that it takes luck, lots of playing or lots of money if you want to consistently win. Getting bigger prizes than everyone else simply because you were good before is not how the game should work. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Getting bigger prizes than everyone else simply because you were good before is not how the game should work. 
    That is LITERALLY how this game works.  Having good cars gets you better cars.

    Thats the whole point of building a garage.
  • binnerbinner Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in the owners event but I think a fair structure would be to give the owners each of the tier reward cars from the rerun finals as rewards. So for this challenge that would be a super rare two ultra rares an epic and 1 cf and still the juke for the final prize but with an exceptionally hard round to get it, either requiring 5 maxed out good 90s Italian epics (basically the requirement for T1 in the finals) or something like the round where you need the Lancia offroader... Which I still think is a bit unfair but most finals do come down to having a specific car to put you over the edge into T1 so that could be their justification with that. But atleast you would get pretty decent and fair rewards leading up to that hard final round if it were this way. And as non owners I don't think anyone could really complain about owners getting 2 ultras an epic a super rare and a cf (providing they still have a decent 90s Italian hand to get there)
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a ridiculously hard challenge... Cant get past round 1 with 1 epic and 4 maxed ultras...

    i agree i shouldn’t be able to finish the challenge with this hand but not enough for round 1?!?!? Come on

    also, having the 787B owners challenge but we can’t use the 787B seems just dumb.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone from Hutch open a line of communication on this insulting owners challenge?!
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone from Hutch open a line of communication on this insulting owners challenge?!
    Lower your expectations.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, tuning the difficulty of events like this CAN'T be that hard.  You can easily see what the Italian 90's hands of people with the 787 are like.  Assigning a numerical value to that is trivial.

    The inescapable conclusion is that either you didn't Tune difficulty when building the event OR that you only wanted a small portion of the eligible players to get beyond round 5.

    @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Katie

    what percentage of players with the 787 are expected to have a hand capable of winning the juke?  

    What percentage have hands capable of beating round 5?

    What percentage are capable of beating round 15 and getting the CF? 

    Do you factor in that the pool of eligible players are (presumably) drawn largely from the best 20% (?) of garages in the game.


  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys... i undestand your POV but seriously, Hutch never send an S for free to all owner of Mazda... you wanna this S and finish challenge?  you need to buy some CF and have luck... it's not as a weekly challenge, this is a owner challenge and you have an event for Mazda too... so stop complain, next time Hutch will have some stats about how many players finish the challenge and they will build a better challenge!!! keep clam and stay relax!! :D:D
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    mauro07 said:
    guys... i undestand your POV but seriously, Hutch never send an S for free to all owner of Mazda... you wanna this S and finish challenge?  you need to buy some CF and have luck... it's not as a weekly challenge, this is a owner challenge and you have an event for Mazda too... so stop complain, next time Hutch will have some stats about how many players finish the challenge and they will build a better challenge!!! keep clam and stay relax!! :D:D
    Do you have to get any legendary in the final in order to win that 787B? Even you don't win, you can get an Epic and CF from T2. But as an owner of 787B with a similar deck, you win nothing from the challenge. You still need to fight for a T1 finish in the Showcase event to get that CF. There is much more between your "free" and that S.
    Don't understand your intention here as your general goal in this game is still to get a prize car, which will put you in this insulting challenge in the future.
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    I just passed round 15. Until this round I found it quite easy. But for round 15 I spend some more tickets. Finally I did it with this hand. 

  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    S3XY said:
    mauro07 said:
    guys... i undestand your POV but seriously, Hutch never send an S for free to all owner of Mazda... you wanna this S and finish challenge?  you need to buy some CF and have luck... it's not as a weekly challenge, this is a owner challenge and you have an event for Mazda too... so stop complain, next time Hutch will have some stats about how many players finish the challenge and they will build a better challenge!!! keep clam and stay relax!! :D:D
    Do you have to get any legendary in the final in order to win that 787B? Even you don't win, you can get an Epic and CF from T2. But as an owner of 787B with a similar deck, you win nothing from the challenge. You still need to fight for a T1 finish in the Showcase event to get that CF. There are much more between your "free" and that S.
    Don't understand your intent as your goal is still to get a prize car, which will put you in this insulting challenge in the future.
    - you have an event for Mazda too... and you win with Mazda a CF and gold easily
    - in every final you need a key car, they put the same in this challenge
    - it's not difficult to understand, they cannot do an easy challenge for a free S for all owners(if you won Mazda you have a good garage)
    - this is the first time for challenge owner, they prefer to built a difficult one, instead to an easy one and have an inflaction of Juke (we need to see if they change something next time)
    - maybe Hutch know how many player can win this Juke, maybe the problems to win this challenge is only in this forum
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck on round 21 like all the guys with a nice garage without a Lancia Off-Road...

    My hand would have given me a Tiers 1 in final, but I can’t get that Juke-R which is way worst.
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    mauro07 said:
    S3XY said:
    mauro07 said:
    guys... i undestand your POV but seriously, Hutch never send an S for free to all owner of Mazda... you wanna this S and finish challenge?  you need to buy some CF and have luck... it's not as a weekly challenge, this is a owner challenge and you have an event for Mazda too... so stop complain, next time Hutch will have some stats about how many players finish the challenge and they will build a better challenge!!! keep clam and stay relax!! :D:D
    Do you have to get any legendary in the final in order to win that 787B? Even you don't win, you can get an Epic and CF from T2. But as an owner of 787B with a similar deck, you win nothing from the challenge. You still need to fight for a T1 finish in the Showcase event to get that CF. There are much more between your "free" and that S.
    Don't understand your intent as your goal is still to get a prize car, which will put you in this insulting challenge in the future.
    - you have an event for Mazda too... and you win with Mazda a CF and gold easily
    - in every final you need a key car, they put the same in this challenge
    - it's not difficult to understand, they cannot do an easy challenge for a free S for all owners(if you won Mazda you have a good garage)
    - this is the first time for challenge owner, they prefer to built a difficult one, instead to an easy one and have an inflaction of Juke (we need to see if they change something next time)
    Your point about Showcase - You would still encounter non-787b owners with maxed legendaries. Also there are less 787b owners than the total T1 for the showcase event, so non-787b owners can get a portion of T1 and prizes from other tiers. 
    Your point about key car - they don't require a legendary key car in the finals so they should just keep the trackset exactly like the finals so it is fair.
    Your point about an easy challenge - many players have a similar deck for a T1 deck in the finals and can't even reach that CF stage, so why do the owners have to go through a tougher task to win a less desirable prize than the non-owners?
    Your point about being the first time and inflation - I would suspect more of a failure to attempt selling 15xCF packs with a non-desirable Legendary prize. The prize is not close to the 787B and there will be barely anyone to buy packs to win a Joke (or Juke)
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This challenge made me realize its useless to win prizecars, they get banned in finals, they get banned from some other special events, and as an owner you get a frustrating weekend without any pack top open, unless you put fuses into your epics.
    Welll played. not.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    mauro07 said:
    guys... i undestand your POV but seriously, Hutch never send an S for free to all owner of Mazda... you wanna this S and finish challenge?  you need to buy some CF and have luck... it's not as a weekly challenge, this is a owner challenge and you have an event for Mazda too... so stop complain, next time Hutch will have some stats about how many players finish the challenge and they will build a better challenge!!! keep clam and stay relax!! :D:D
    No one is asking for a free legend.  

    No one is suggesting this should be as easy as a regular weekly challenge.

    Hutch don't need the stats from this event to tune difficulty, they already have the details on everyone's garage and can tune events perfectly well with that data.

    We are asking for an event that has at least similar rewards to those we might get were we allowed to participate in the 787 finals.

    I have a hand that would probably be t3, (a CF, $30k and a very very good UR) or maybe T2 (a CF, $37k and a niche epic).

    This owners challenge will net me $28k plus as many cards as I can be bothered turning.
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭
    Rather I want to join the regular final and get a t3 reward. 
    At least I can get a cf and one of the best UR cars.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @grandvache , seems some Hutch fanboy is disagreeing.
    Im with you, no one asked for a free legendary and this whole discussion isnt about the Juke.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    first of all, i don’t have the Mazda 😏, but to be able to compete , i have to stretch the limits of my wallet 😉. I would rather fight in a Challenge for the Duke in my own free time then to get all wind up about spending tickets to hold on to 10th place. Can’t you guys put this into perspective? You should be happy to have the weekend ‘off’ 😂. Who cares when you don’t have the Duke. You might get it with the next cf. i will not get another chance, I’m afraad. 😏

  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin isnt in the mood to tell us his view on the challenge?
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is Hutch’s idea of fixing reruns, God help us. What a shitshow. 
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    first of all, i don’t have the Mazda 😏, but to be able to compete , i have to stretch the limits of my wallet 😉. I would rather fight in a Challenge for the Duke in my own free time then to get all wind up about spending tickets to hold on to 10th place. Can’t you guys put this into perspective? You should be happy to have the weekend ‘off’ 😂. Who cares when you don’t have the Duke. You might get it with the next cf. i will not get another chance, I’m afraad. 😏


    I have the 787B. This is my first ever owner's event. And it sucks. Stuck at round 5 like almost everyone else. 28k cash and some farming. 

Sign In or Register to comment.