787B Owners Reward Boost event

Sometimes Challenges can be particularly brutal.

Owners of the 787b have faced some of the most difficult levels ever conceived this weekend. However, no changes will be made to this challenge.

We have set up a Reward Boost event for the Owners to ensure they can walk away with at least a Carbon Fiber and some cash and gold.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Comments

• hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    thanks a lot, this solution is nice
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Track sets?
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    So not only do they have the 787B and a CF from the first finals, the majority will be getting a CF from the showcase, a free CF with no effort required and a shot at yet another CF and a Juke R if their Italia 90s garage is good enough? 

That seems like an excessive amount of awards compared to someone getting tier 2 in both finals. 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So not only do they have the 787B and a CF from the first finals, the majority will be getting a CF from the showcase, a free CF with no effort required and a shot at yet another CF and a Juke R if their Italia 90s garage is good enough? 

That seems like an excessive amount of awards compared to someone getting tier 2 in both finals. 
    You should try harder for 787b the first time... And no, i dont have it and wont have it. 
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Track sets?
    Didn’t grab them but there is no off-road. 
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    kaje73 said:
    Track sets?
    Didn’t grab them but there is no off-road. 
    Same as the finals
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:

Sometimes Challenges can be particularly brutal.

Owners of the 787b have faced some of the most difficult levels ever conceived this weekend. However, no changes will be made to this challenge.

We have set up a Reward Boost event for the Owners to ensure they can walk away with at least a Carbon Fiber and some cash and gold.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Why do people with a 787 get a free automatic CF? This makes absolutely no sense.
    Sure, a portion of them should get one, but just like for the non-owners they should have to fight for it.

Owners challenge was complete nonsense, but now this is going all the way in the other direction, giving too much for no effort. You own a 787b, here is a free CF for winning a car 2 years ago.... what???

Hey, I own a few legendary prize cars, could I get a free CF for each of them?

Facepalm, yet again.
    RobGripes said:

The showcase is open to all, so that CF is moot - anyone can get it.

As for the juke R, i think you've heard that only the very best garages can get it. I think less than 5%, and those players don't need it. I've played for 2.5 yrs and couldn't pass round 1. Garages with S and A cars couldn't go past round 5.

Hutch isn't trying to slow down advanced players' garages to allow everyone else to catch up as you said, so why should owners sit around doing nothing or playing for nothing during these finals when they're blocked from entering? Those player's going for the 787b are having an easier time because these owners aren't allowed in. 

I don't understand your reasoning that owners should lose out a CF when there is an event with an easy CF AND prizecar they're blocked from. Obviously a lot of people disagree with you.
    I guess the debate is whether the owners would get a CF if they were to participate in the regular event. I still think not all owners would get a CF, but probably quite a large portion of them, ok, given most would have relatively strong garages.

Still I dont think owners should get a CF by default without a fight or spending, which is what non-owners need to do to get the CF.

All the people that hit disagree, please explain the logic why a 787 owner should be GIVEN a CF by default. 

Not trying to pick up a fight, just trying to think through this, as there will probably be more owner events in the future and Hutch should put together a system that works.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TD42792 The original plan wasnt to give out a CF to all. But as you may have noticed there were issues with the challenge and this solution now is the plan B. Next re-run i expect to have a better balanced challenge. And still a CF is not much of a reward as i miss the epic fusefood from T2 which my hand would be.
    And to get T2 in the owners event you need a top t1 final hand, so those who win it deserve it. Brackets look like an allstar lineup.
    @TD42792 The original plan wasnt to give out a CF to all. But as you may have noticed there were issues with the challenge and this solution now is the plan B. Next re-run i expect to have a better balanced challenge. And still a CF is not much of a reward as i miss the epic fusefood from T2 which my hand would be.
    And to get T2 in the owners event you need a top t1 final hand, so those who win it deserve it. Brackets look like an allstar lineup.
    That’s a good point about the missing epic or even UR.

The only thing I was reacting to was the statement by gsearch that everybody will get a CF. But reading what you say this is not even the case? It is hard to discuss when we do not have the facts, what are the prizes of the owners event?
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:

Still I dont think owners should get a CF by default without a fight or spending, which is what non-owners need to do to get the CF.

All the people that hit disagree, please explain the logic why a 787 owner should be GIVEN a CF by default. 

you are somewhat right but with the hand i have, i would have probably been t2 (or maybe t3 if i get unlucky with bracket) in Finals which means epic (one of best URs) and CF while in the challenge, i managed to get only to 5th round which means my total rewards were 28k cash which is lame

considering most owners are long time players with strong hands, it's pretty clear that like 98% of owners would end up with CF from finals (t1-t3) but due to challenge requirements of 1 or 2 specific cars, most of us won't get anything

also there is something else, with special challenge for owners a lot of people with strong hands were removed from Finals and therefore it's easier for others to win not just 787b but also CFs

looking at whole structure, even with guaranteed CF i'm at lost because in normal finals i'd get tier 2 or 3

obviously there are people who lucked 787b by late joining first time but they are probably minority that doesn't deserve free CF but you can't make everyone happy
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    It seems that getting a CF will guarantee a great car or that even the Juje-r is all of that.
    But a CF, it's just a 2.99% chance of S, and that S can be a bit of a crappy car, like the Juke-r. It will not increase the game imbalance any more.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving this car out as a re-run dilutes the garage strength of previous owners as this car get far more widespread. In easier brackets as a big group of strong players headbutts in the owners event.
    Its all non-owners that have a chance to win a usefull car tonight. So go and win it and stop whining about owners getting a CF.
    TD42792 said:

you are somewhat right but with the hand i have, i would have probably been t2 (or maybe t3 if i get unlucky with bracket) in Finals which means epic (one of best URs) and CF while in the challenge, i managed to get only to 5th round which means my total rewards were 28k cash which is lame

considering most owners are long time players with strong hands, it's pretty clear that like 98% of owners would end up with CF from finals (t1-t3) but due to challenge requirements of 1 or 2 specific cars, most of us won't get anything

also there is something else, with special challenge for owners a lot of people with strong hands were removed from Finals and therefore it's easier for others to win not just 787b but also CFs

looking at whole structure, even with guaranteed CF i'm at lost because in normal finals i'd get tier 2 or 3

obviously there are people who lucked 787b by late joining first time but they are probably minority that doesn't deserve free CF but you can't make everyone happy
    I see your point, that makes more sense now. I can get behind the idea that pretty much all owners would get T2 or T3 in the normal events and that it is slightly easier for non-owners to get better rewards because some heavy hitters arent around. Owners would also get an extra car (SR to Epic at least) in normal finals.

So yeah, after debate, I now think this structure actually kind of works, thanks for expanding on the discussion.

On the one hand owners are a bit penalised because they dont get the extra car, but on the other hand they dont need to invest to get a CF, so it is kind of balanced. This all works on the assumption that all owners have strong garages, which is probably the case here.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Generally I think the challenge thing is a good idea for the owners event as a posed to a normal event structure which as people are seeing, is just incredibly difficult to get a good tier finish. 

Personally I think re-runs/winner’s challenges should follow the same criteria as the first time round, in this instance people that had poor AD garages first time might have a better chance of getting the 787 now and people that had a prize car worthy garage first time will have a better chance of completing the challenge. 
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Why do people with a 787 get a free automatic CF? ...
    As if there would't be an owner event, I would take part in th finals and with my 90s Italian collection I would get my second 787 ;-)

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:

I see your point, that makes more sense now. I can get behind the idea that pretty much all owners would get T2 or T3 in the normal events and that it is slightly easier for non-owners to get better rewards because some heavy hitters arent around. Owners would also get an extra car (SR to Epic at least) in normal finals.

So yeah, after debate, I now think this structure actually kind of works, thanks for expanding on the discussion.

On the one hand owners are a bit penalised because they dont get the extra car, but on the other hand they dont need to invest to get a CF, so it is kind of balanced. This all works on the assumption that all owners have strong garages, which is probably the case here.
    The WORST hand in my owners bracket, the WORST HAND, Would easily be a safe t3 in every bracket I've seen for the rerun event.  Most would be a safe t2, so we're still getting a little bit screwed with just the CF.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

TD42792 said:
    RobGripes said:

The showcase is open to all, so that CF is moot - anyone can get it.

As for the juke R, i think you've heard that only the very best garages can get it. I think less than 5%, and those players don't need it. I've played for 2.5 yrs and couldn't pass round 1. Garages with S and A cars couldn't go past round 5.

Hutch isn't trying to slow down advanced players' garages to allow everyone else to catch up as you said, so why should owners sit around doing nothing or playing for nothing during these finals when they're blocked from entering? Those player's going for the 787b are having an easier time because these owners aren't allowed in. 

I don't understand your reasoning that owners should lose out a CF when there is an event with an easy CF AND prizecar they're blocked from. Obviously a lot of people disagree with you.
    I guess the debate is whether the owners would get a CF if they were to participate in the regular event. I still think not all owners would get a CF, but probably quite a large portion of them, ok, given most would have relatively strong garages.

Not trying to pick up a fight, just trying to think through this, as there will probably be more owner events in the future and Hutch should put together a system that works.

There's also one issue that this weekend challenge replaces the previous owner's event. 

The previous events awarded a CF + a car by simply  entering, presumably because hutch recognised that anyone who'd won the prize by placing in the top 2% 1st time would very likely be able to place in the top 16% in the rerun.

Owner's felt hard done by due to the prize structure, not the difficulty to win the top prize duke
    edited March 2
    Damn, I probably came in the bottom 10%, but got 1 Cf. 
  • BasilBasil Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    why can’t the owners compete in the same brackets as the non-owners but with a different top-car? They have the fun of a final event, can compete for the top car and win the same ‘side’ prices? Might do t1 for first 15 players though 😉
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    why can’t the owners compete in the same brackets as the non-owners but with a different top-car? They have the fun of a final event, can compete for the top car and win the same ‘side’ prices? Might do t1 for first 15 players though 😉
    So that the current owners can take spots of potential owners?  Not too keen on that idea.
    There was nothing wrong with the challenge format Basil. Just that they made it impossible for about 95% of players to even reach round 5, with only some ig cash prizes along that way