trophies based races bracket

ViMurrViMurr Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
Im here to PRETEND a review about the trophies based matchmaking. Once you cross the 3000s it's most likely impossible to win an event becacuse now you fight against big numbers player. WTF
So if you are f2p ore close to that prepare yourself to T4 for the biggest part of your future. So sad.
you either pay or lose. It's unbelivable that no one already posted this huge issue.

Comments

• TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17
    ViMurr said:
    Im here to PRETEND a review about the trophies based matchmaking. Once you cross the 3000s it's most likely impossible to win an event becacuse now you fight against big numbers player. WTF
    So if you are f2p ore close to that prepare yourself to T4 for the biggest part of your future. So sad.
    you either pay or lose. It's unbelivable that no one already posted this huge issue.

You missed the other reviews from around 2 years ago talking about this.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree, you're so right! I think the best solution would be to reset all players trophy count, so everyone is equal.
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree, you're so right! I think the best solution would be to reset all players trophy count, so everyone is equal.
    And then, before long, we get to the same point.
  • hoschhosch Posts: 53
    I do agree absolutly with ViMurr. Since hitting RQ 140 it was almost impossible to win anything anymore. Until then, it was much fun and ending up in T1 was possible. Now T3 (one time) was might biggest success for a long time. I keep playing as I am hopeing that with every fuse I might get a bit closer to the top, but it still is frustrating to always hit the same wall and just be able to stay in T3/T4.
    I am 174 days in now and I did invest about 100 Euros so far, but that is far away from beeing any close to T2.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    Only a tiny fraction of players regularly reach T1 or T2. Those players have
    a) spent loads of money
    b) grind like crazy
    c) have a long history of play top drives (and they master the game)
    d) had incredible luck at a critical phase of the game (say after the IR update dropped they pulled some rq 30 legendaries)

Point a to d are not exclusive. If you have played less than a year, don't plan to dump a lot of cash or have a meaningful life prohibiting you from spending at least some hours each day playing, you are never going to be successful on a regular basis. You still can win in clubs, win an occassional event, reach T2 or T3 in Tri Series, compete in challenges, play the campaign. If this is not enough, the game is not suited for you.

I firmly believe, that any change of the bracket system would just shift the problem. if, for example, after 3k trophies you are only matched with players below 6k, the players above 6 would have to face only stronger ones.
    The problem is not the trophy system it is the competitive nature of the game and the requirement of either money, time or both that locks you out.
  • ViMurrViMurr Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    just wait for a hutch stuff answer
    ViMurr said:

There is no question, yet. Hutch has replied to requests regarding the system multiple times.
    01718 said:
    ViMurr said:

There is no question, yet. Hutch has replied to requests regarding the system multiple times.
    What did they say about it?
    I mean shouldnt be that hard.
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

Is it that hard to change it like this
    0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You asked a question, several people responded. If you actually read the thread posted above you will find a pretty detailed answer from Hutch Tim. Things haven’t changed. 

Also for info - you aren’t in the top trophy bracket yet, there’s one at 6k for prelims and qualifiers, the others move around. Finals are open so all trophy counts are together.
    You asked a question, several people responded. If you actually read the thread posted above you will find a pretty detailed answer from Hutch Tim. Things haven’t changed. 

Also for info - you aren’t in the top trophy bracket yet, there’s one at 6k for prelims and qualifiers, the others move around. Finals are open so all trophy counts are together.
    yeah sorry, now im actually 6655, and still it's impossible for me to fight against 10.000s competitor, btw im gonna read the thread
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    ViMurr said:
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
    So me with 50k trophies and 1 maxed legendary will never t2 or t1 in an event again
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    few players with big amount of trophy.. this is the problem... a lot of people stay low to win some CF or ceramic easy... Hutch need to push some prizes for step of every 1k trophy, so the people will start to play and win the events!!
    ViMurr said:
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
    So me with 50k trophies and 1 maxed legendary will never t2 or t1 in an event again
    if you have 50k trophies than your garage shouldnt be that bad ;) 
    Dont be idiot
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    mauro07 said:
    few players with big amount of trophy.. this is the problem... a lot of people stay low to win some CF or ceramic easy... Hutch need to push some prizes for step of every 1k trophy, so the people will start to play and win the events!!
    Agree... but after hitting 6k trophy, there is no point limiting your trophy in the current system too
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 82 ✭✭
    i think the matching system should be more complex. What is everybody after? I would say to win prize cars, cause they are usually top notch and helps you build a stronger hand. So why not take into account the number of prize cars won from tri-series as well as the trophies. This way you could also allow prize cars for finals.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Why not reset trophies every x amount of time, like 2 months or something. Almost every online competitive game has a season system where they reset brackets / points.
    cheminee said:
    Why not reset trophies every x amount of time, like 2 months or something. Almost every online competitive game has a season system where they reset brackets / points.
    So you want to reset the trophies but the hands stay the same. Every season the rq 141 zero trophies players will have to face the rq150 12 maxed legendaries zero trophies players. Now this will be fun!

ViMurr said:
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
    reducing the bracket width will bring fewer players in them. those fewer players will have a higher chance to end im t1 or t2 and collect a lot of trophies. they will then be pushed into the next bracket, where the same thing happens. reducing the trophy width will bring players earlier into higher brackets. Also, it is not clear how many players are within the proposed brackets. what if 500-2500 consists of just 150 players?

Players who have fought the current system and endured it, that might be players with a few legendaries and a few maxed epics, who strategically maneuver into T1 or T2 occassionally, would be screwed, too (see @Robbie_Cheaux for reference). They would now be the ones only playing with the whales.

Once again: The matchmaking is not the problem here. Weaker players need events, where maxed epics or legendaries are off limits, to stand a chance - however the chance to get into the top 10 is still small and senior players will have well equipped hands. 

I recommend to take the game as it is. It is not fair. One guy pulls a Chiron in his 3rd ceramic pack, the other one never does.

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have over 60k trophy and no S maxed so.. i play with imbattible hand of old and new whales but not complaining... i arrive in 90% of events in silver tier. I don't win prize cars but i don't spend money, so i'm happy with my A car when i win it.
    Someone said that we cannot all win, someone need to lose...
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    ViMurr said:
    ViMurr said:
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
    Dont be idiot
    There are alot of players with high trophy counts that arent whales but just experienced players, its normal for a player like this to have only one maxed legendary. And you forget that there are many in the upper trophy count that have gone through what you are going through and have managed to grind their way to competitiveness eventually. Of course this takes time, effort or money as has been pointed out already.

I agree with @01718 that the problem could be better addressed with more low rq events to even the playing field somewhat.
    ViMurr said:
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
    Dont be shy
    ViMurr said:
    Now it's
    0 - 3000
    3000 - infinite

0 - 500
    500 - 2500
    2500 - 5000
    5000 - 10.000
    and so on.....
    Dont be shy
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to open a new thread for this, so I'll post my idea here.
    We all know the current matchmaking has some issues. It's based on trophies, and that has nothing to do with a player's real strength. I've just passed 50k tophies, and I only have 2 maxed legends (both of those were maxed as epics), and 23 maxed epics (7 of those were maxed as ultras). There are players under 10k trophies with much stronger garages. So here's an idea:
    Take the RQ limit of the event, and divide it by 5. If the result is lower than or equal to 19 (highly unlikely nowadays), then base matchmaking on each player's common cars only, because the average RQ of each car you'd probably use falls into the F class. If the result is higher than 79 (legendary territory), then base matchmaking on legends only. Here's a table to make it clear:
    After determining the rarity class used for matchmaking, just rank each player's garage. Here's an example:
    Event RQ limit is 420, that means we're using the legends to determine garage stength. Each legend you have as stock is worth 10 points. Each tune you have adds another 1 point to that. So a 333 legend is 19 points, a maxed one is 34. Add all this up and you get a score for your legendary garage. Mine is 748 for example, having 39 legends, most of them sitting at 333.
    Use this number to create brackets rather than trophy count.
    You'd still need the right cars for the event, so having a high score won't necessarily mean you will have a strong hand for the event, leaving some of the advantage of the whales, as they will probably always have the cars for the job.
    I know this needs a lot of tweaking, this is just a core idea. The daily event would be a perfect place to experinment and fine-tune this (maybe even alternating the RQ limit sometimes, not just the requirements and tracks).

TL;DR:
    Event RQ limit determines a rarity class within your garage. You get a score for that part of your garage only. Matchmaking is based on this score instead of trophies.

Thoughts?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like to get punished for collecting cars and having a big garage. Thats a big issue i see with your idea Will.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    I dont like to get punished for collecting cars and having a big garage. Thats a big issue i see with your idea Will.
    RIght now, you're punished for playing the game for too long. That's even worse.
    But yeah, I get it, that's why I think it's necessary to select just one rarity first to calculate the garage score. Most of the times this would mean epic or legendary. Those two tiers are not really about collecting, but being lucky enough to get them. At least for most of us. But even if it was, the more cars you have, the better chance you have for a good hand, isn't this the purpose of matchmaking? To separate the strong from the weak? So it's important to somehow filter the cars before calculating the scores, and not punish anyone for having too many super-rares in an event where you wouldn't use them anyway. I wouldn't go as far as counting only cars that fit the criteria of the event, a bracket still needs some level of diversity in the strength of players. As I've said, plenty of tweaks possible, but I think we can agree that trophies are as good as a throw of the dice to base matchmaking on.
    BTW, how's Will? :)
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dont reset trophies to 0 and remove negative trophies for t5. In a month there will be pretty real trophy count for each. Reset trophies every 6 months or so. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:

BTW, how's Will? :)
    Lol sorry mate, just realised you posted this. Will is probably adoring his maxed Porsche 959 :):smiley: