Titanium Titans Finals - The Great Exhibition (Event)

Comments

• MalaniMalani Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    What are the chances the titanium packs behaved like carbon fibre packs? Correlated with the server errors?
    Far too many Epics coming out for that to be the case.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several people got multiple pack due to server errors, they had pe 4 epics in their garage.
    The series was great but ended with another hutch up that leaves a bitter taste.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please @Hutch_Robin look at the overall data when you can, we’re at 8 S in 61 Titanium packs right now. Even after accounting for reporting bias that’s a highly unlikely outcome.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Had to fight quite hard in the last hour to get back from few attacks of the night and this morning. Managed to finish Tier 3, one CF.

Results:
    +350 trophies :( lol
    - One stupid SR (RQ18) : Honda Pilot 4WD
    - One **** UR (RQ19): Chevrolet Cobalt SS

Clearly didn't deserve the time I spent on this event. I should rather have went for the double Ceramic, which would also have been easier lol.
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Please @Hutch_Robin look at the overall data when you can, we’re at 8 S in 61 Titanium packs right now. Even after accounting for reporting bias that’s a highly unlikely outcome.
    Ford GT90 for me to add
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 S out of 11 Titanium packs from actual people I know and not-what-randoms-post-in-random-social-media-platforms.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭

If the Chi² calculator i found online is working correctly, the p-value for that result is 0.037, a p value smaller than 0.05 usually indicates that there is a statistical significant difference between the observed values and those we would theoretically expect. Now this is good enough to raise concerns, however, given that the method is quite shaky, I am still not convinced.
    01718 said:

If the Chi² calculator i found online is working correctly, the p-value for that result is 0.037, a p value smaller than 0.05 usually indicates that there is a statistical significant difference between the observed values and those we would theoretically expect. Now this is good enough to raise concerns, however, given that the method is quite shaky, I am still not convinced.
    Rule #1 of Top Drives. Don't trust what ANYONE posts in Discord, Reddit or the IGF regarding what cars they won, how the won them, or from what packs they won them. There have been countless boasts that were proven wrong from simple investigation. Why people need to lie so much I will never understand.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    mikes said:
    01718 said:

Rule #1 of Top Drives. Don't trust what ANYONE posts in Discord, Reddit or the IGF regarding what cars they won, how the won them, or from what packs they won them. There have been countless boasts that were proven wrong from simple investigation. Why people need to lie so much I will never understand.
    Mikes, this is exactly what I'm referring to, when I say that the method is "quite shaky".

(By the way, how do you count those who got 2 titanium packs as it is claimed here and there?)

mikes said:
    4 S out of 11 Titanium packs from actual people I know and not-what-randoms-post-in-random-social-media-platforms.
    Not really random, it’s a discord server with people mostly from this forum that has been active for a long while now.
    01718 said:
    mikes said:
    01718 said:

Mikes, this is exactly what I'm referring to, when I say that the method is "quite shaky".

(By the way, how do you count those who got 2 titanium packs as it is claimed here and there?)

I count it as 2 packs, have only added two of those though (1 S in 4 packs)
    mikes said:
    Not really random, it’s a discord server with people mostly from this forum that has been active for a long while now.
    Well, yeah, that's different.
    mikes said:
    mikes said:
    Well, yeah, that's different.
    I have a few (4 packs) from ingame forum but therecwere screenshots (and 1S) so felt safe enough..

the only dodgy data is the 11 packs @kolov7 posted.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    got two pretty lame epics in my titanium pack, rq23 gmc yukon and rq26 audi rs4 avant.
    ragebought a ceramic for the 50,000 i got and pulled a rq29 2013 porsche 911 turbo. not a great legend, but very very rare for a single ceramic.
  • PashaPasha Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    My titanium pack gave me two average RQ24 cars. I'm clapping and crying
  • Benji1996Benji1996 Posts: 26
    Just saying, 25% chances of getting an legendary doesn’t mean that 1 in 4 gets a legendary. It’s means that every pack on its own has a chance of 25%. 

Compare it with a dice. You have 1 out of 6 chances that you throw a 6, but you can throw the dice 100 times and still not get a six.

These drop rates are calculated in chances, not in certainties to get what a chance might be. 
    edited April 16
    Benji1996 said:
    Just saying, 25% chances of getting an legendary doesn’t mean that 1 in 4 gets a legendary. It’s means that every pack on its own has a chance of 25%. 

Compare it with a dice. You have 1 out of 6 chances that you throw a 6, but you can throw the dice 100 times and still not get a six.

These drop rates are calculated in chances, not in certainties to get what a chance might be. 
    But throwing that dice 100 times you would expect to throw 16,67 times a 6 [100x(1:6)]
    And opening 100 titanium packs you would expect to get 25 legendaries (100×0,25)
    So techincally it DOES mean 1 of 4 gets a legendary
    But it Doesnt mean you will get a legendary every 4 Packs. Probably you mixed something up here

So to come back to that dice: ofc you can thow it 100 times and dont get a single 6 but throwing it 1038292959205 times you would get ver close to 16,67% sixes
    Same goes for the titanium packs
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last count I saw they were on 8 from 61, they should be on 15, so just over half what they expect.
    However the sample size is way to small to be of any use so far.
  • Dr_XDr_X Posts: 11
    You can add me to the list of not getting a legendary from my titanium pack. 2 rq19 that I already had, an rq18 Touran that I have had loads of times, RQ 23 Bentley Continental GT and an Audi rs5 Cabrio. The Audi is the only keeper for me.
    Dr_X said:
    You can add me to the list of not getting a legendary from my titanium pack. 2 rq19 that I already had, an rq18 Touran that I have had loads of times, RQ 23 Bentley Continental GT and an Audi rs5 Cabrio. The Audi is the only keeper for me.
    Keep in mind that that audi has negative mra since the last "buff"
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    HeissRod said:
    Suck pulls.  Nothing but food. :(
    For the ones who are adding up the packs, I pulled double UR and double epic from my Titanium pack.

Note: You're still going to end up with a sample size too small.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Suck pulls.  Nothing but food. :(
    For the ones who are adding up the packs, I pulled double UR and double epic from my Titanium pack.

Note: You're still going to end up with a sample size too small.
    please post screens. we didnt count any posts but screens. though i believe you heissrod, but in general for anyone.
    sure the sample size is small, but still interesting. this game is a lot about data, let the nerds have some fun ;)
    Here you go

Thanks , thats a underwhelming pull full of food
  • baestbaest Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    Add to list
    Thanks , thats a underwhelming pull full of food
    That's the only good thing about it.  I won't feel bad when I fuse them away.
  • Benji1996Benji1996 Posts: 26
    Benji1996 said:

But throwing that dice 100 times you would expect to throw 16,67 times a 6 [100x(1:6)]
    And opening 100 titanium packs you would expect to get 25 legendaries (100×0,25)
    So techincally it DOES mean 1 of 4 gets a legendary
    But it Doesnt mean you will get a legendary every 4 Packs. Probably you mixed something up here

So to come back to that dice: ofc you can thow it 100 times and dont get a single 6 but throwing it 1038292959205 times you would get ver close to 16,67% sixes
    Same goes for the titanium packs
    You would expect it, but it’s not guaranteed 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More trophies, less chance to get legendary out of titan 😎