NEW Event: Titanium Titans

Comments

• ViMurrViMurr Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    ViMurr said:
    Ok @Hutch_Katie seems like a lot of people got a double prizes after the crash of the server during the last minutes of the tournament. So what hutch is going to do about that? I paid a lot of money to get one titanium and now some people got x2 titanium or x4 CF for T2.
    Yes i want to have my second titanium pack please
    This is a serious issue man. Please dont make fun of that
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    forum is dead with no answers from Hutch! nice... i know we are in lockdown but you can write in this forum and answer this questions!
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
    Hi all, we've put together an explanation for the rewards yesterday.

In the past, players reported issues of missing event rewards. Affected players would have to go through customer support – not a particularly fun experience for the player having to chase what they won or for the support agent to be faced with a large number of tickets about the issue.

This issue is mainly seen at the end of popular, competitive events that create a huge surge in demand in the last few seconds as everyone wants to play and ensure the best possible finish, and immediately afterwards as everyone wants their prizes as quickly as possible! This surge can be thought of in comparison to half time in major sporting events, when everyone rushes to put the kettle on. One of the challenges in building distributed large scale server systems is ensuring capacity can be scaled up sufficiently in advance to cope with this demand. Unfortunately, when this capacity isn't available, users see increased request times and more server errors. We decided that if this should happen, and users encounter errors claiming prizes, we would be more generous and ensure they definitely got the prizes they should have - even if this meant some slow running requests might mean certain prizes were awarded twice.

While not a perfect situation, it's one that overall favours the players who would otherwise not have received rewards, who go from being unlucky and having to chase rewards, to finding some extra rewards in their garage. Again, not perfect, but preferred to players missing rewards.

This doesn't mean every player in the game will receive double rewards for an event.

We are working on improving our prediction of when we need to increase capacity, so we can try to avoid these situations in the future.

N.B. If this ever happens with Tri Series prize cars, the second prize car is removed once discovered.

On server errors, there's no panacea for the issues. We have identified two avenues for future development to improve things, and we will work on these as a priority.

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for explanation but we wanna know how hutch will do; silence? some lucky guys and others no? or compansation for all? it's an easy way, one is a win-win, the other ways could have some disappointment from players and some guys gone for  no spend at all or uninstall the game!! Hope you will do the best for the game and the community!
  • 0171801718 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    Well, Katie pointed out that the problem of awarding double prizes is an unwanted but expected and accepted side effect Hutch is trying to overcome in the future. I think there is nothing unclear here.

While this amuses me - especially the part about "improving the prediction", we can see it like a lottery - and that's exactly what TD is anyway.

This surge can be thought of in comparison to half time in major sporting events, when everyone rushes to put the kettle on.
    Oh the English and their courtly behaviour. Everyone else would have been talking about going to the loo.

• bodyboarder03bodyboarder03 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Absolute debacle. The amount of money so many of us invest and you can't even figure out the rewards properly. It's unacceptable. 
    edited April 17
    Guys, i would say, The game is not ours, The final decision isnt ours, all i can say is Hutch is not a generous company as we can see, they prefer to keep the biggest part of their community unsatisfied due to their questionable decisions but i have the power to leave bad review on all platform and so all of you ''unsatisfied'' should do.. That s it. And is interesting as katie tried to invert the situation talking about people not getting the prize after the end of the tournament while as some of you said before is better to wait 2-3 days to get the prize over letting people get randomly doubled prizes. 

N.B. The amount of gold to pay to abtain whats inside a titanium pack is so big, that no one is going to let other people get a $$$ free pack after some of us make sacrifices to buy packs not even having a single epic guaranteed.
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    How come and players still have expectations from Hutch, is beyond me. Especially ones that have been playing from the beginning.

It's been over 2 and half years. They were, and are, very clear as to what direction they wanted to take.

A lot of us stopped posting on the forum because we really really lowered our expectations.

Simply put, we just play the game knowing what the status quo is and move on.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone contacted hutch support so far and tried to claim double up on received final rewards?
    43MK4 said:
    Has anyone contacted hutch support so far and tried to claim double up on received final rewards?
    Yup, they say that they are working on it right now. that's it.
  • binnerbinner Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    I did and they were somewhat considerate. But said there is nothing that they personally have the power to do at the moment. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    I haven’t, but then again, I have never contacted support to ask for a prize that I was missing, neither have I ever heard of anyone else having to either. 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    I haven’t, but then again, I have never contacted support to ask for a prize that I was missing, neither have I ever heard of anyone else having to either. 
    But people do it all the time (and some get rewarded)
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    43MK4 said:
    But people do it all the time (and some get rewarded)
    Never heard of anyone legitimately asking support for a prize that they are missing and support then issuing it is what I mean, ie you finished tier 1 but didn’t receive anything. Which I believe is the issue Katie says this fix was for, if I’ve never heard of a single person having to do it I find it difficult to imagine the high demand needed a fix. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    If all players who didn't get twice the reward would not get compensation, what will happen is that everyone will now claim for the rewards immediately after the event, to hopefully get that double reward. As a result, the constant bugs/mess with the servers will surely not improve.

Worst case if not possible to get our extra reward, I would consider a good and more than decent commercial gesture to at least give good amount of cash and/or gold to all players who were not "lucky" with that bug.
This discussion has been closed.