NEW Event: Titanium Titans

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,558 admin
    It sucks, guys, I get that.  But there is literally nothing that can be done to fix it. 
    There is not a way to look and see which players received an extra pack.  Is it possible that code can be written in the future, sure, and it likely will after this.  We can not give out packs to all the players who did not get the pack.  Again, we can not isolate who did or did not get the extra prize.    Adding it across the board would give the players who got the extra, even more. 

It was not a lazy way to deal with things.  It was not a "small inconvenience" for players to not get the prize car they won for days after the event.  There is not a player here that would be OK with waiting a few days to get their prize.  I have seen the Support tickets.

It's not a couple of lines of code either as some would suggest.  

This was a problem that does not have a reasonable solution. Cut and dry.  That is all there is to it.  I am sorry it happened to begin with. but that does not change where we are now.
    Hutch maybe need to work better on his game and fix this shame.... and you can see garage, gold and money and find who receive double packs or triple and who receive the right amount! For me the game is dead now... i will never spend my money in this game, they never fix nothing!!
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shorter version would be.. Get over it and move on. 
    edited April 17
    greddy said:
    Shorter version would be.. Get over it and move on. 

maybe it's better if they close forum and ING Forum... so no problems with the community!! :D:D

and again cancel post... do you have problem with critics?
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    since Hutch has always had an equality policy, as he always says in his support responses, this is not, it is not correct that some receive 2/3/4 titanium.
    greddy said:
    Damn 2 pages gone in a minute... Thats some censorship here. Why you are even bother with this forum hutch? 

No.  I removed posts that had nothing to do with the conversation..
  • ViMurrViMurr Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I don't get it. You don't store data about event ending positions and rewards received? No wonder support in such cases have to base their decision on the stars alignment or a coin toss. Of course we can't expect consistent support when you guys never know what happened, because you don't have data.
    What a mess. The most valuable pack ever in the history of TD, and some players get multiple for the same effort, with no way to fix it. Well done, I'm speachless.
    Big quote ozzman, they say they dont know who took what. Well, that's their problem, hutch has to find a way to compensate all the ''unlucky'' players.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gsearch said

It's not a couple of lines of code either as some would suggest.  
    Fair enough, if a pack/car interface is modified to also contain an entry for an event id you might also need to adjust other places that depend specifically on the old structure (which there shouldn't be many of). You'll also need to keep track of the event packs already opened (and confirm with the client that they were indeed opened), at least for a while, so the client cannot request the same opening again. Depending on how things are handled currently you might need to track what happened to cars from a pack, at least until the server gets confirmation that a pack was opened.

Few lines of code was a hyperbole but it's still not a complex issue. Definitely not unresolvable and why the current unfair solution was chosen is beyond me

edited April 17
    Ozzman said:
    I don't get it. You don't store data about event ending positions and rewards received? No wonder support in such cases have to base their decision on the stars alignment or a coin toss. Of course we can't expect consistent support when you guys never know what happened, because you don't have data.
    What a mess. The most valuable pack ever in the history of TD, and some players get multiple for the same effort, with no way to fix it. Well done, I'm speachless.

That is not what I said. Of course that data is there.  What is NOT is when they double fire the prize.  If it were a prize CAR then we could just run a search for players who have 2 copies of that car to determine who got them.
    edited April 17
    Gsearch said:
    Ozzman said:

That is not what I said. Of course that data is there.  What is NOT is when they double fire the prize.  If it were a prize CAR then we could just run a search for players who have 2 copies of that car to determine who got them.
    about bold
    not true at all, i find 2 players with double prize car month after the final and i report that to support! How check Hutch this? every week? only after finals? never?

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    Ozzman said:

That is not what I said. Of course that data is there.  What is NOT is when they double fire the prize.  If it were a prize CAR then we could just run a search for players who have 2 copies of that car to determine who git them.
    If you have data like
    player_id, pack_type_id, time_opened, card1_id, card2_id, card3_id, card4_id, card5_id
    then surely it would be possible to determine who had multiple rewards. But I guess you don't store this data. That's what I was referring to.

Come on, you know that that simply isn’t true, hutch store the data for every event, if they chose to they could look up every ticket that was put in and see exactly where you finished and what prize you received, that’s a fact as I’ve seen it done, they know everything about an event, down to how many tickets you bought, how many races, the lot. 
    First, everything I said is the truth.  Do not insinuate I am lying.  You have no basis for that.
    I never said we do not know who finished where and what prize they were awarded.  I said the the second instance of the prize caused by this issue doesn't show up in any sortable fashion.   So we can not just run a report for "which players received extra prizes.".

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect some kind of compensation... I opened 2 CFs and fused 6 epics into my LC2 to get Tier 1, to then find out others get double the prize as my Tier 1 is messed up...

thankfully I didn’t spend any real money for this event
    I’m not insinuating anything, you said there is no way to fix it, that simply isn’t true as I said. Hutch hold the stats of what you pull, whether that is from a CF a Ceramic, a premium etc etc, are you claiming that if I ask support what I’ve pulled from “titanium” packs they won’t have the data? I should have pulled 2 cars from 1 pack, if they wanted to add the 2nd pack they certainly do have the capability to do so. You’re only making yourself look worse btw. 
    You are completely wrong and you are discussing what we can and can't do as though you have access that you simply do not have.  We do NOT have the information you insist that we have usable in the manner you suggest.  This is a fact based on actual access to the data not speculation on what someone from support once told you.  Everything I told the forum is 100% true.  That is why I posted here. To give players some insight as to what is actually happening. 
    If it were that easy, we would have populated a list of those that got the extra, gone in to the account and removed the unintended prizes.  Then there would be no need for this conversation at all.

This discussion has been closed.