Skip to content

NEW Event: Titanium Titans

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is my comment? I just wanted to edit a typo and now it is completely gone.
    Mate too slow, the censor is faster. I have read it and didnt see anything bad in it. Ah well.
    Next time screenshot, safes you fom retyping.

• thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    Where is my comment? I just wanted to edit a typo and now it is completely gone.
    Mate too slow, the censor is faster. I have read it and didnt see anything bad in it. Ah well.

What? It has been censored? Seriously?
  • baestbaest Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭

Readily available information in the public domain too.  :D
  • ViMurrViMurr Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    The more time goes on the more players around the world know about this issue and obviously get angry to hutch. As i said before, im gonna leave this game sadly , leaving 1 star review wherever i can and go away because i dont deserve to be treated like this from the house company i spend money in.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moderation and censorship doesnt seem to be so different after all
    Every time i try to post something, it doesnt even send it into this thread. "Your post will be available after it has been approved"...

Trying it for the fourth time now:

baest
    said:

what do you mean? Unfortunately, I don't understand what you wrote.
  • baestbaest Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Every time i try to post something, it doesnt even send it into this thread. "Your post will be available after it has been approved"...

baest
    said:

The revenue posted is information not hidden to anyone, so it beggars belief that they're trying to hide it here.
    baest said:

baest
    said:

The revenue posted is information not hidden to anyone, so it beggars belief that they're trying to hide it here.
    Alright, now i understand it. Thanks

Well the problem is, that it has become common practice to ignore the players in order to avoid working for those loads of money. Something very common in today's society.

I find it even more disappointing though, that it has become common practice to ignore mistake that have been done, instead of owning up to them. This is very frustrating. Where i work, if you do a mistake, you have to show responsibility and work three times as hard to make up for it. This is not the case here.

According to @StealthFT, we had around 4 to 5 titanium finals brackets. that is a maximum of roughly 500 players that hutch would have to take care of, taking the maximum amount of players into the equasion. That would mean, that the support team would be able to take care of this situation within 10 days, answering 50 tickets a day (to me, that seems like a very low number, i think they are able to do a lot more per day).

The only thing they would have to do would be to check for car ownership data, quite easy. Cars from legitimate packs could immediately identified as such using the standard pack tracking system the support has always been using.

In fact, the players could even help to speed up the process by collecting the proofs and providing them to the support team so that they have an easier time checking whether the claim is legit or not. Take me as an example, I was able to prove that i have only received one titanium pack so far WITHIN THIS FORUM. Proving it in the game client should be much easier.

At the same time, it wouldn't even be 500 tickets to answer, as many players did not notice the problem, some haven't been affected and i am sure that many wouldn't even send a support request.

So, @Gsearch please stop insisting, that this is impossible to solve this, as it clearly is. It might just be a bit more time consuming than the average work day at Hutch HQ at the moment.

I really, really hope that Hutch doesn't simply continue to ignore this thread on monday and i really hope that they DO something about it and own up to their mistake because this is clearly not the players' fault.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    HeissRod said:
    Source of the half million per month....

Gsearch said:
    This discussion is not going down that path.  I am happy to address as many reasonable concerns as I can but This is a game forum and this issue has nothing to do with the removed content.
    For anyone wondering what happened here, gsearch censored multiple sources backing the financial claims made that HeissRod asked for.
    I didn’t ask for anything.  @thebigbadwolf made a claim about Hutch’s income.  @01718 asked for a source.  @kolov7 mistakenly thought he was asking for a source of the whales to stop spending (the other half of wolf’s comment).  I clarified what was being requested.  That’s it.
    You’ve all had your say, smoke and mirrors has been applied, nothing will be resolved, discussion over, it’s always the way.

Move along now, move along. 
    You should have included this meme.

TD42792 said:
    Why have players not set up a separate non-affiliated forum yet?
    Does it cost a lot? I have no idea.
    Being someone who was an administrator/owner of a forum about 10 years ago I would only ever advise anyone else to do so if they have an exuberant passion for the subject matter. To do so as an alternative to an existing site is not a justifiable reason. 

There is a cost for hosting and the software used. The former is the main cost. If you do not want to the site swamped with adverts then you will need contributions from members of the site. There is also the time of the administrator/moderators. Just because Hutch do not post here much it does not mean they are not doing anything. @Gsearch really has a thankless task. Based on my experiences I do not envy him.

I do wonder how many people who post here have read the TOS. Not many I would presume. Those are the rules for the moderators to follow. Crying that it is censorship is ridiculous. Posting company financial information in a thread about Titanium Titan event is so off topic and unrelated that it would not have lasted minutes on other sites. People would have been summarily kicked too. Here they are a lot more lenient than most forums.

We had people who left our site to start their own site. We let them go, no issues there. Their content was basically how much they hated our site and had little actually to do with the game. Time passed and they had nothing else to talk about. The site died.

There are people here who have threatened to leave many times. Posted leaving threads etc. They go quiet for a while, then they come back as if those posts were forgotten. They mainly come back to complain and have added little positive in the meantime. I am not sure how they expect the site to get better if this is their only contribution. I admire those that just follow through and leave, whether to another place or not.

Maybe Hutch will see this site as being not worth the effort and aggravation and it will all move to the IGF. That will go down well I am sure. 

Happy Sunday. Stay Safe. Stay Distant. Wash your hands etc....
    I do agree with what you said about Gsearch.

I do not at all agree with the rest of what you said. You are implying that we should all stay calm, carry on and stay sheeps in a bunch of paying customers. 

As for my part, I do think, that in most posts I made on this forum, I tried to improve the game on a constructive matter.

I have never "threatened to leave" and then came back within a few weeks just like a teenager in puberty. 

Although i have been complaining about things like changing the physics of the game, thus changing up all the upgrade paths of many strong and rare cars or other little messes, that happened in the past, I always felt like Hutch would treat us right and work in order to get the problem solved. They never let me down (they even announced a re-tune-feature for all cars).

UP UNTIL NOW. The most valuable pack of all time got handed out several times and Hutch makes a statement saying htat nothing will be done. Excuse me? Not only did I lose my trust in them, it also ruined one of the best event series for me that i have ever seen in the game.

Feel free to stay a sheep, though.
    baest said:

baest
    said:

According to @StealthFT, we had around 4 to 5 titanium finals brackets.

This is wrong.  I know of 5 brackets, just in the North American brackets.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

According to @StealthFT, we had around 4 to 5 titanium finals brackets. that is a maximum of roughly 500 players that hutch would have to take care of, taking the maximum amount of players into the equasion. That would mean, that the support team would be able to take care of this situation within 10 days, answering 50 tickets a day (to me, that seems like a very low number, i think they are able to do a lot more per day).

I'd just like to point out that I said that for the AS server only, not over all regions. I quote myself from the other thread here:
    In AS, AFAIK we had only 4 brackets in the finals, i.e., around 400 players in total.
    Thanks. :smile:
    TD42792 said:
    Discord
    we italian community have a not affiliated forum:     www.topdrives.it    its just borned, so quite sketchy.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    Discord
    TCCS or how this kids server is called does exist. The problem is, what's the reason behind a separate forum without any interaction with the Dev team? It's just an addition for player to player communication, but you still need a forum for player to dev communication and that's the reason why people still stick to the web forum. This place should be a communication plattform to make the game better, to communicate about bad and good things, to discuss various topics. But we all know how things are going fo a while now and thus frustration grows only bigger and bigger every day.
    This whole fiasco about the titanium pack could have easily been avoided if Hutch's method of solving the problem wouldn't be to just shrug everything under a rug.

Crying that it is censorship is ridiculous. Posting company financial information in a thread about Titanium Titan event is so off topic and unrelated that it would not have lasted minutes on other sites.
    It doesn't matter if it's actually "censoring" or not, deleting posts only makes it look like as if you want to hide something and only fuels offtopic disscusion and increases the heated mood.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not at all agree with the rest of what you said. You are implying that we should all stay calm, carry on and stay sheeps in a bunch of paying customers. 

Feel free to show me where I explicitly said this. I was giving an overview of my experience of forums in response to a question. 

Crying that it is censorship is ridiculous. Posting company financial information in a thread about Titanium Titan event is so off topic and unrelated that it would not have lasted minutes on other sites.
    It doesn't matter if it's actually "censoring" or not, deleting posts only makes it look like as if you want to hide something and only fuels offtopic disscusion and increases the heated mood.
    If there are no TOS and there is no moderation then a site will basically turn to all-out anarchy within days/weeks. There is no point screaming censorship and freedom of speech if people cannot actually read the rules as they are written.

Quite often @Gsearch writes and explains why certain things are moderated (he did with me previously) so I am sure anyone could simply get clarification on a matter if need be rather than screaming about it unnecessarily. We are mostly grown ups here after all. 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly 
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    Discord
    But people we need to spread our word to the people who run this game,not just between our selfs,we can have 100 own forums,but if we cant acomplished anything with that what did we got,so the meaning of that should be clear
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    I write to support to ask if they will do something., and they have just remand me on this thread... mmm something doesn’t work with support..
    today is sunday. I think tomorrow we ll get the answer....bad or good it is.
    kolov7 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    Discord
    But people we need to spread our word to the people who run this game,not just between our selfs,we can have 100 own forums,but if we cant acomplished anything with that what did we got,so the meaning of that should be clear
    They asked for a non-affiliated forum?
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    ViMurr said:
    today is sunday. I think tomorrow we ll get the answer....bad or good it is.
    The answer.. 
     Hello,

Thanks for your message.

We are currently discussing any further actions regarding multiple packages that some players have received. Having said that, we will not be able to remove the extra packages and will not assign them to those who have received the right reward.

The TD team published their message on this issue here:

There isn't much we can do personally about it, but feel free to comment in the thread.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    Support Hutch
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same message for all ;)
    we can wait month, years but we will never see some compansation and next time i hope to be one of this lucky guys!
    i understand that it's better play for nothing and i will never spend my money in this game! i will be a loser!
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    kolov7 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    Discord
    They asked for a non-affiliated forum?

Yes,i understand that they asked,but I was saying even in argue u need two sides,so it wont discord solve our problems,we need to spread our word to the developers if u understand me
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone getting same copy/pasted message from support now redirecting me here. Well there is no real Hutch Statement here is it? @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm quite disappointed by how this situation was handled. And I'm not spending any money on this game, can't imagine how heavy spenders must feel every time something like this happens. Because we all know this is not the first, not the last. The only thing that makes me happy about TD right now is that, as I mentioned, I've not supported this game apart from a small pack for a few bucks, years ago, back when I felt they deserved it.
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Guys chill a bit...
    We know hutch is veeeery slow on getting thinks fixed or getting awsners posted...
    They will probably post something tomorrow or in 2 or 3 days
This discussion has been closed.