Skip to content

PL11.2 RQ Revolution Discussion Thread

Comments

• KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    Server allready on 11.2 with clubs?

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt Hutch say they would add a “remaining RQ” feature to help with RQ calculations?
    As it is at the moment it has become quite the math puzzle to figure out a hand.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie can we get a confirmation on what happens with the pre-update and the post-update brackets at the end of an event? Will everyone get the prizes according to their final position in both, or will they be merged, and we race half-blindly between the update and the end of the event? We've seen examples for both in the past IIRC.
  • VatumaVatuma Posts: 20 ✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Didnt Hutch say they would add a “remaining RQ” feature to help with RQ calculations?
    As it is at the moment it has become quite the math puzzle to figure out a hand.
    There are numbers in empty slots
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 259 admin
    Ozzman said:
    @Hutch_Katie can we get a confirmation on what happens with the pre-update and the post-update brackets at the end of an event? Will everyone get the prizes according to their final position in both, or will they be merged, and we race half-blindly between the update and the end of the event? We've seen examples for both in the past IIRC.

If you have updated your game, once you play a new race in any event you're currently in, you will then be re-grouped into a new group.
    PL11.1 players won't play against PL11.2 players.  You don't have visibility on what's happening in the different version buckets, so your ranking can change - e.g:
    • You update asap and find yourself quite high in the rankings, but as other players come in they may have higher event scores that are transferred over (these other users may have played and won more in the old data version)
    • You stay in the old update and keep racing but when you update, your ranking once again could drop or go up as people have been racing in the new data version
    The events are being handled in the same way we've done it historically, nothing has changed there. So hopefully that should all look familiar.
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    so its a gamble.. i have a standing im okay with, not perfect but okay.. do i upgrade or not.. its like flipping a coing, will it help me or not
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:

If you have updated your game, once you play a new race in any event you're currently in, you will then be re-grouped into a new group.
    PL11.1 players won't play against PL11.2 players.  You don't have visibility on what's happening in the different version buckets, so your ranking can change - e.g:
    • You update asap and find yourself quite high in the rankings, but as other players come in they may have higher event scores that are transferred over (these other users may have played and won more in the old data version)
    • You stay in the old update and keep racing but when you update, your ranking once again could drop or go up as people have been racing in the new data version
    The events are being handled in the same way we've done it historically, nothing has changed there. So hopefully that should all look familiar.

So if we keep racing on the old update until the event ends, we then have full control and we can be sure of our final ranking and prize (even if the old brackets are then also emptying of players who go for the update)?
    No last minute surprise?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:

I'm not sure you answered the main question here. What happens at the end of the event if I'm still on the old version and I'm P1 with let's say 300 pts. But there are two other guys who were in the same bracket with me, but have already updated and meanwhile, invisible to me, they reached more than 300 pts under the new version. Will I get rewards for being first or third, and how about them?
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 259 admin
    Snaetch89 said:
    so its a gamble.. i have a standing im okay with, not perfect but okay.. do i upgrade or not.. its like flipping a coing, will it help me or not

It is a MASSIVE gamble. We could force update and you'd end up with an unpleasant surprise. ( @Yama_san )
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Snaetch89 said:

It is a MASSIVE gamble. We could force update and you'd end up with an unpleasant surprise. ( @Yama_san )
    How about clarity instead of confusion? When will you force the update?
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    Snaetch89 said:

Not sure if humor or what to understand exactly? But it doesn't answer my question.

In the end why not do things in proper way to avoid all that mess, like:

- Let finish all curent events and/or lock things (like for Clubs)
    - Force update for ALL players
    - Launch new events

? :/
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie Hi ! For the players who are still on their way to level 500, there were offers at differents level before (RQ 125, RQ130...)

What is the situation for these players now ?

It seems that for each old level, in the new system it's directly 5 RQ (and not 1 RQ). Did the RQ levels in the last update needs more XP Points than before ?
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Snaetch89 said:

Not sure if humor or what to understand exactly? But it doesn't answer my question.

In the end why not do things in proper way to avoid all that mess, like:

- Let finish all curent events and/or lock things (like for Clubs)
    - Force update for ALL players
    - Launch new events

? :/
    This process is not Hutch compliant
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Ozzman said:

I'm not sure you answered the main question here. What happens at the end of the event if I'm still on the old version and I'm P1 with let's say 300 pts. But there are two other guys who were in the same bracket with me, but have already updated and meanwhile, invisible to me, they reached more than 300 pts under the new version. Will I get rewards for being first or third, and how about them?
    If they've updated they will have moved to a new bracket so won't have any impact on you. You'll be P1, they will be whatever position they are in their new bracket. That's my understanding. 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Malani said:
    Ozzman said:
    Ozzman said:

If they've updated they will have moved to a new bracket so won't have any impact on you. You'll be P1, they will be whatever position they are in their new bracket. That's my understanding. 
    Didnt worked like that in the past...

You could finished 1st in your new bracket, but at the end you finished up 15th, as 14 players had more points in your old bracket. 
  • TheDriverTheDriver Posts: 51
    mikes said:
    Machinist said:
    Hutch developers - is there any explanation for this?
    If we compare them;
    VOLVO has better acc, handling, top speed, less weight, traction control
    SUBARU has only slightly better MRA, and peak power.

I got Subaru today and it is so frustrating. Can i have my gold back?
    MRA. The Volvo has horrible MRA (not like the Baja is a MRA monster either). The Baja beats the Volvo on all drag races, dry or wet, Fast circuit dry or wet, and more I am sure.

I am sorry mikes, but Machinist is right.
    You will certainly not use Subaru Baja nor Volvo for drag race, fast wet and certanily not for fast dry. We are not that naive.
    Instead of that you will probably pick MB GLA 220d (RQ18), Honda Ridgeline (RQ16), or even Subaru Legacy (RQ18). This is in worst case scenario if you really have to use 4wd car as event requirement.
    Allmost any regular STD car or PERFORMANCE tyre car will beat 4wd car in drag races (Exception is dirt).
    4wd cars are useful for twisty roads, slalom races, g-force races etc. In that case Volvo is the winner.
    Also, both cars are MID - perfect for street races. Volvo is winner again.
    To be more ridicilous, Subaru doesnt even have even TCS.

I would like to see your garage with fully upgraded Subaru Baja Turbo and number of races you will use it :D .

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDriver said:
    mikes said:
    Machinist said:
    Hutch developers - is there any explanation for this?
    If we compare them;
    VOLVO has better acc, handling, top speed, less weight, traction control
    SUBARU has only slightly better MRA, and peak power.

I got Subaru today and it is so frustrating. Can i have my gold back?
    MRA. The Volvo has horrible MRA (not like the Baja is a MRA monster either). The Baja beats the Volvo on all drag races, dry or wet, Fast circuit dry or wet, and more I am sure.

I am sorry mikes, but Machinist is right.
    You will certainly not use Subaru Baja nor Volvo for drag race, fast wet and certanily not for fast dry. We are not that naive.
    Instead of that you will probably pick MB GLA 220d (RQ18), Honda Ridgeline (RQ16), or even Subaru Legacy (RQ18). This is in worst case scenario if you really have to use 4wd car as event requirement.
    Allmost any regular STD car or PERFORMANCE tyre car will beat 4wd car in drag races (Exception is dirt).
    4wd cars are useful for twisty roads, slalom races, g-force races etc. In that case Volvo is the winner.
    Also, both cars are MID - perfect for street races. Volvo is winner again.
    To be more ridicilous, Subaru doesnt even have even TCS.

I would like to see your garage with fully upgraded Subaru Baja Turbo and number of races you will use it :D .

TheDriver said:

Looking at the number of days (793 :o ) it is pretty clear why do you have this car e.g. you are collectionist. :D:D
    I would still never pick this car if i had a choice.
    You number of races is also a good indicator - I had twice as many races wiith some of my cars in my 23 days of play :P

HeissRod said:
    I am sorry @TheDriver, but @mikes is absolutely right and you don't understand how the ranking resolver works.  The cars aren't ranked on which tracks they would benefit to be used on.  They are ranked on a sample set of all tracks, regardless of their specialty.  In this case, the Baja performs slightly better on the tracks in that sample set and is therefore ranked higher.
    I can understand how RQ is determined.
    But, this doesnt resolve the root problem - imbalance.
    If the method of determining RQ you described is correct, than it is too superficial, and too simple (like in elementary school), and no wonder it is imbalanced, considering how this game "works".
    Either way it comes to the some point - you will keep the VOLVO, and trash BAJA for upgrading some epic car.
    Or keep both cars if you have enough money to buy packs.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDriver said:
    HeissRod said:
    I am sorry @TheDriver, but @mikes is absolutely right and you don't understand how the ranking resolver works.  The cars aren't ranked on which tracks they would benefit to be used on.  They are ranked on a sample set of all tracks, regardless of their specialty.  In this case, the Baja performs slightly better on the tracks in that sample set and is therefore ranked higher.
    If the method of determining RQ you described is correct, than it is too superficial, and too simple (like in elementary school), and no wonder it is imbalanced, considering how this game "works".
    Either way it comes to the some point - you will keep the VOLVO, and trash BAJA for upgrading some epic car.
    If the resolver were run differently, to focus on the strengths of a car, then we wouldn't end up with cars that shine at their RQ.  For example, instead of the El Camino being a low Super Rare, it would probably be a high Ultra Rare.
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Come on it’s an easy question with a straight answer. Can you PLEASE confirm whether the split brackets of PL11.1 and PL11.2 players will be treated as separate brackets, or merged back together blindly. @Hutch_Robin, @Hutch_Katie
    Hello??
    HeissRod said:
    TheDriver said:
    HeissRod said:
    If the resolver were run differently, to focus on the strengths of a car, then we wouldn't end up with cars that shine at their RQ.  For example, instead of the El Camino being a low Super Rare, it would probably be a high Ultra Rare.

Example you written, would again be just one more superficial method of determening RQ.
    There are probably number of more sophisticated and balanced methods. Something in between.
    We all know how this game "works", and RQ of cars should be be adjusted accordingly.

• PaquaPaqua Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Styxinger said:
    This is a 11.2 discussion thread, so stop the discussion about the **** Baja and the useful Volvo here and go to a car discussion thread
    ^