SCG003 Owners Challenge.

2

Comments

  • AdxREAdxRE Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, note that is incomplete information though. There are other prizes that aren't the final prize. Also, the designed difficulty of the challenge plays a role. In this challenge, we were going for multiple cars you win, rather than a single car.

    That said, the message is clear. We'll rework aspects of the challenge to go back to the previous system of a single car that's higher RQ, than multiple cars which may be lower RQ or competitiveness.

    I'll be looking to, instead of the current selected cars, award the McLaren 600LT Spider (2019) for completing the challenge.
    Appreciate the rapid respond and action @Hutch_Robin. The McLaren is definitely much more fitting as the prize of the owners challenge. 

    Heck, I may even invest in IT CFs to make sure I complete the owners challenge now.
  • brenchbrench Posts: 11
    Of all the new McLaren 
    The only 1 I have 😔
    A dupe is better than Bentley though
    I just hope ipace wasnt a car that was awarded !
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Robin. It is much appreciated. 
  • brenchbrench Posts: 11
    brench said:
    Of all the new McLaren 
    The only 1 I have 😔
    A dupe is better than Bentley though
    I just hope ipace wasnt a car that was awarded !
    Will we rant till he changes it to the coupe?we get more convertible restrictions in events than coupe so 2 convertible is good 👍
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brench said:
    Of all the new McLaren 
    The only 1 I have 😔
    A dupe is better than Bentley though
    I just hope ipace wasnt a car that was awarded !
    Will we rant till he changes it to the coupe?
    I vote for coupe! 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    brench said:
    Of all the new McLaren 
    The only 1 I have 😔
    A dupe is better than Bentley though
    I just hope ipace wasnt a car that was awarded !
    Will we rant till he changes it to the coupe?
    I vote for coupe! 
    Good lord, I read that as coup, I thought steady on now sir. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin I feel like a lot of people may have gone straight to the rant button (myself included). But this has happened because you didn’t communicate the intended changes to the structure, but left it to the leaks. Can I ask that you do this now? I can fully imagine a lot of people being happy with epic as the 2nd last prize, especially if it was the T2 Aston
    Yeah, @Hutch_Robin, people assumed it was similar structure as previous challenges (why wouldn’t they?).
    If you were intending to give out 2 attainable good epics plus a mediocre legend, vs now reverting to only 1 good legendary which is near impossible to get, I am sure most people would prefer the new structure you had in mind.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    @Hutch_Robin I feel like a lot of people may have gone straight to the rant button (myself included). But this has happened because you didn’t communicate the intended changes to the structure, but left it to the leaks. Can I ask that you do this now? I can fully imagine a lot of people being happy with epic as the 2nd last prize, especially if it was the T2 Aston
    Yeah, @Hutch_Robin, people assumed it was similar structure as previous challenges (why wouldn’t they?).
    If you were intending to give out 2 attainable good epics plus a mediocre legend, vs now reverting to only 1 good legendary which is near impossible to get, I am sure most people would prefer the new structure you had in mind.
    Two epics plus legendary, plus all the cash and 2x CF? That sounds like christmas but also a bit much considering its just a challenge and not a event where you have to observe and race constantly. Im no fan of the constant re-runs now, so far no one seems really satisfied with it.

  • delcookiedelcookie Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Top Drives players are some of the biggest babies in the world. You guys complain about a car based off a leak (a mechanic the developers DO NOT INTEND to be used), and then complain that you guys didn’t know the structure was changed? 

    Seriously, pull your man pants up guys. You got the Mclaren now instead of the Bentley. It’s your own faults that you’ll never know what that epic was, or if it was even good. There’s seriously no room to complain for that.
  • delcookiedelcookie Posts: 24 ✭✭
    IMO Robin doesn’t owe any communication until the challenge opens. The challenge shouldn’t be able to be seen before hand. The page of complaints was caused by an exploit.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    delcookie said:
    IMO Robin doesn’t owe any communication until the challenge opens. The challenge shouldn’t be able to be seen before hand. The page of complaints was caused by an exploit.
    By then it'd be too late to change anything as everyone would be off work
  • BasilBasil Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    i just can’t wait to join a re-own challenge 😂. Missing your guys comments in the finals thread 😉😂🤪.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    delcookie said:
    IMO Robin doesn’t owe any communication until the challenge opens. The challenge shouldn’t be able to be seen before hand. The page of complaints was caused by an exploit.
    5 posts into the thread it was asked for some insight into it, before anyone complained. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    delcookie said:
    IMO Robin doesn’t owe any communication until the challenge opens. The challenge shouldn’t be able to be seen before hand. The page of complaints was caused by an exploit.
    You’re right, Hutch doesnt owe players any communication on anything.
    It just goes way better for everyone when there is some.

    Believe it or not this forum is actually meant for exchange of ideas with Hutch. If you dont like players voicing their opinion on the game (whether factual or speculated), not sure what you come here for then.
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    2 CFs before this. I don't have an amazing hand, luckily it wasn't hard.
  • topdrives22642topdrives22642 Posts: 12
    Last 6 of the Owners Challenge are drags
  • topdrives22642topdrives22642 Posts: 12
    edited May 22
    Every enemy car DNFs in the 0-200 race
    R19

    R20

    R21

    R22

    R23

    R24

  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malani said:
    2 CFs before this. I don't have an amazing hand, luckily it wasn't hard.
    Congrats. Not difficult as long as you at least have some good upgraded Epics and at least one car capable of hitting 200mph.
  • delcookiedelcookie Posts: 24 ✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    delcookie said:
    IMO Robin doesn’t owe any communication until the challenge opens. The challenge shouldn’t be able to be seen before hand. The page of complaints was caused by an exploit.
    You’re right, Hutch doesnt owe players any communication on anything.
    It just goes way better for everyone when there is some.

    Believe it or not this forum is actually meant for exchange of ideas with Hutch. If you dont like players voicing their opinion on the game (whether factual or speculated), not sure what you come here for then.
    I don’t mind people sharing their opinions, but it’s just pathetic for people to complain about things shown via exploit. It’s to the point where this exploit is now affecting how developers make decisions on the game, because people are jumping the gun and crying their eyes out based on one final prize reward.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    delcookie said:
    TD42792 said:
    delcookie said:
    IMO Robin doesn’t owe any communication until the challenge opens. The challenge shouldn’t be able to be seen before hand. The page of complaints was caused by an exploit.
    You’re right, Hutch doesnt owe players any communication on anything.
    It just goes way better for everyone when there is some.

    Believe it or not this forum is actually meant for exchange of ideas with Hutch. If you dont like players voicing their opinion on the game (whether factual or speculated), not sure what you come here for then.
    I don’t mind people sharing their opinions, but it’s just pathetic for people to complain about things shown via exploit. It’s to the point where this exploit is now affecting how developers make decisions on the game, because people are jumping the gun and crying their eyes out based on one final prize reward.
    So we should have stayed quiet because the info came from a leak? Not sure I agree with you there - regardless of where the info came for players have a right to express their frustration (not “cry their eyes out” as you so eloquently put it). Whatever the source of the info however, Hutch ultimately agreed to switch it up and did, so alls that ends well. We have all agreed on this thread that we would prefer to hear direct from hutch about changes and new ideas to prize structures, rather than rely on leaks
  • brenchbrench Posts: 11
    I think if we had recieved info before or even slightly after leak things would have been fine, a bit of explanation that this is being done slightly different this week and what plans were people would have been good with it !
  • StrixStrix Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    My McLaren garage is really weak, so this car would be useful. But I sadly lack relevant epics for this challenge, and not sure it's worth throwing my gold at the CF packs either (can only affort three anyways). Have a feeling we'll see a new content pack soon...


  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    My McLaren garage is really weak, so this car would be useful. But I sadly lack relevant epics for this challenge, and not sure it's worth throwing my gold at the CF packs either (can only affort three anyways). Have a feeling we'll see a new content pack soon...


    How much do I regret fusing my second 8c spider. :'(
    It was for the urus... worth it? Probably, oh well
  • pSikpSik Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    My McLaren garage is really weak, so this car would be useful. But I sadly lack relevant epics for this challenge, and not sure it's worth throwing my gold at the CF packs either (can only affort three anyways). Have a feeling we'll see a new content pack soon...


    Don't buy any packs until you're completely sure you're stuck.  If that Legendary Lambo can hit 200 on the 0-200 stage you have a chance.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last section was scary and does require a few decent cars but it's not as hard as I'd have feared. Overall fun time, prize worth fighting for, thanks for that!
Sign In or Register to comment.