A87 - Audi S8 Plus

SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 105 ✭✭
Since the MRA took a beating on this car, I've always wondered how realistic this new MRA is. If it goes to low ground clearance and still has its current MRA things will be tragic for it. Someone on the Top Drives discussion did a comparison with the in game car and the real car, this is what they found.

0-60 both were 3.3

0-100 both were 7.8 

0-120 the real car completed in 10.9, wheras the one in game did it on 12.26

0-150 the real car completed it in 20 seconds, while the in game car completed it in 40.4 seconds... 

As I always thought the high end performance has maybe been nerfed too much in the last update, its lower end speeds are as it should be.

As I don't have a stock S8 Plus to give proof of these times, if anyone has one stock please could you take on the following tests above (Mainly the 0-120 + 0-150), thanks.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15102934/2016-audi-s8-plus-quattro-test-review/ The one thing to bare in mind, is the one tested has 605bhp while the one in game has 597bhp, not a great difference however its something have in mind.  

Comments

• juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited May 22
    The problem with the top end acceleration with every car in the game, is that the physics engine treats the governor limiter as a drag limiter. That way, every car limited to 155 mph (or other treshold) will experiment a painfull crawling till the top speed at about 40 mph before said limit. This is a problem of the game engine (thus Hutch) and needs a proper rework. I don't think that Hutch can fix any top end acceleration in any car for now.

Fun fact: the only car that escapes this rule is the Honda Clarity. It rockets up to 100 mph just to crawl 8 mph more. That's the behavior every governor limited car should follow.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black m5 was corrected all right once 0-150 data was given
  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭
    In game test results 

• SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 105 ✭✭
    JackyQu said:
    In game test results 

Thank you!
    Black m5 was corrected all right once 0-150 data was given
    Hopefully It'll be the same for this too.
    The problem with the top end acceleration with every car in the game, is that the physics engine treats the governor limiter as a drag limiter. That way, every car limited to 155 mph (or other treshold) will experiment a painfull crawling till the top speed at about 40 mph before said limit. This is a problem of the game engine (thus Hutch) and needs a proper rework. I don't think that Hutch can fix any top end acceleration in any car for now.

Fun fact: the only car that escapes this rule is the Honda Clarity. It rockets up to 100 mph just to crawl 8 mph more. That's the behavior every governor limited car should follow.
    That's true tbf.
  • WoutWout Posts: 11
    The honda clarity is also a limited car at 100 mph. It has great mra. So I assume that there is a way to get this high end acceleration. 
    Wout said:
    The honda clarity is also a limited car at 100 mph. It has great mra. So I assume that there is a way to get this high end acceleration. 
    That is true