Silver Screen Challenge

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently hutch dimitry has acknowledged the issue in the igf where some people could get it without car restrictions but says they didnt change it, it was a bug for some people and they are looking into what they can do to make it fair.
    That would be even more ridiculous, if they punish the players that have the Aston. They did nothing wrong, it is ALL on Hutch, 100%. So if you as a company screw up, is it right to punish your paying customers?!?!

• bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 29
    lg29 said:
    Ozzman said:
    TD42792 said:
    Ozzman said:
    TD42792 said:
    I’m stuck on the wet fast circuit with the Aston. Any tips? A 969 or 669 hellcat might be my only shot 
    699 Hellcat runs 1:10:93 on wet fast circuit and beats the Aston 
    Thanks a million, appreciated 
    Do you know what is the time to beat on that fast wet? Still fusing, so I want to use the time to run some tests.
    1:11:05 is the time to beat.
    Great thanks! Do you remember the tune on the db11 by any chance?
    Didn't check, but stats were 201/3.5/98

Round 21:

Last slalom against R8 will be beaten by yellow 350Z tuned 303

What a great challenge! Bit gutted I can’t get the Aston with these cars but good fun nonetheless

• bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    @Hutch_Tim come on Tim. You have to agree this is absolutely not fair for the rest of us. We have been playing for 2.5 years and we can't go past round 19.

@Hutch_Robin where are you Robin? 

Is this what's left of this game after so many years? Total and utter disapointment guys.  
    If they change 19 now (or anything else) then I will just ask for my Epics back that I had to put into the Alfa to get past 19. They are not going to do that and they shouldn't, as it would seriously take away the gloss from what has been a good event.

Longevity should not simply equate to rewards unless explicitly part of the event (Moby). 
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    so can't hutch check the garages of those who have the am one 77....and if they don't have the cars that could beat level 23 then take them back....lol
  • RawelRawel Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29
    waht are the stats of the maxed gt40? can it beat the spyder on twisty road in round 22? I assume it should be enough, but can anyone check it for me?

/edit - or can it win against the camaro on hairpin road?
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    waht are the stats of the maxed gt40? can it beat the spyder on twisty road in round 22? I assume it should be enough, but can anyone check it for me?

It can beat the camaro on hairpin when maxed, and possibly even when not quite maxed.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 996 GT40 loses to the DB10 on round 19 by....
    drumroll
    0.01 seconds.  Nice trolling, Hutch.  :D
    Rawel said:

669 gt40 wins hp

• LSMSCLSMSC Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited May 29
    I'm still stuck at R19. Can beat both drags, but fail to beat the Challenger. Can the GT40 beat it upgraded?
    Of course my GT-R R34 is 996 and can't do it. -_-
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LSMSC said:
    I'm still stuck at R19. Can beat both drags, but fail to beat the Challenger. Can the GT40 beat it upgraded?
    Of course my GT-R R34 is 996 and can't do it. -_-
    Pretty sure it can. Will let you know once my fuses are done in a few hours
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    I feel like Hutch done this intentionally so you had to use a different car to beat DB10 (since GT40 is 0.01 seconds off)
  • LSMSCLSMSC Posts: 57 ✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Pretty sure it can. Will let you know once my fuses are done in a few hours
    That would be awesome!
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Round 21 

Thumbs up to hutch for rewarding ford GT, its actually very helpful and key to AM ONE77, without it i wouldnt be able to finish challenge. 2 more fuses and i am done. 
    What's your tune on the db10 in the 1st race?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    @Hutch_Tim come on Tim. You have to agree this is absolutely not fair for the rest of us. We have been playing for 2.5 years and we can't go past round 19.

Is this what's left of this game after so many years? Total and utter disapointment guys.  
    If they change 19 now (or anything else) then I will just ask for my Epics back that I had to put into the Alfa to get past 19. They are not going to do that and they shouldn't, as it would seriously take away the gloss from what has been a good event.

Longevity should not simply equate to rewards unless explicitly part of the event (Moby). 
    They do need to change 22 to how it was for some people tho as it's clearly unfair to have different restrictions for some people

edited May 29
    TopDives said:

They do need to change 22 to how it was for some people tho as it's clearly unfair to have different restrictions for some people

I do not disagree on this, especially as there must really only be a very small % of people who got to round 22 and then benefitted from weaker restrictions. The majority would still get past that round.
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    Aren't they removing One-77s from people who got them before restrictions changed?
    edited May 29
    JaguarDTM said:
    Aren't they removing One-77s from people who got them before restrictions changed?
    Restrictions were not changed.  Quit thinking that.  The bug caused the restrictions not to be applied to some players.
    There's gonna be some annoyed people if what I hear is true, they'll be removing the prize car from people's garage if they got it by beating the final round without restrictions.
    There's gonna be some annoyed people if what I hear is true, they'll be removing the prize car from people's garage if they got it by beating the final round without restrictions.
    Unfounded rumor or has something actually be said by Hutch?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
     I always thought this game would be like that for most players, sometimes you're strong, sometimes you're weak. personally I don't mind that so much that the player base has varying strengths weaknesses across their garages.
    I wish the game was run like that.

In terms of epics I believe you need the Hellcat or DB9 to get the GT40. The DB9 was introduced in the most recent patch and requires lots of upgrades so it's fair to say the Hellcat is the key car that most GT40 winners will use.

Of all the silver screen epics which would you say is the most useful in events generally and has helped the person who pulled it win the most prizes up until now? 

The game often favours the same car over and over. Pull it and you'll be showered with prizes, pull something else that has the same odds and it's lucky to get two dozen races in a year.

And the On Location event this week that also requires silver screen cars? Oh look a US requirement, so the hellcat is the best car there too.  What are the odds that there'll be an event where any of the other silver screen epics are the best car?

A year or so ago we were seeing lots of new more specific requirements which was great, but seemed to get a lot of complaints from more casual players that the events were hard to enter. Tags could have been a way to solve that allowing the less used high RQ cars a chance to shine while including lots of lower RQ cars to make the events easier to enter but even the newest tags like Silver Screen have poor car selections for that. 

Yeh I get that, what you say makes a lot of sense. Some cars are just clearly the best in class and will remain so for multiple events. 

The idea was nice though, to use these short-term tags to inject a bit of freshness to the game, as it mixes up the groupings of cars. Unfortunately, the Hellcat is the most prevalent silver screen car in the game, being a top epic anyway, and having been out for quite a while since the AD update. This silver screen requirement then probably had the inevitability that the Hellcat would be key. 

A quick idea on how to get past this is something that I've very much enjoyed in recent memory but that seems to have stopped. A 'missing piece' style event, where requirements are restricted for only 4 cars, and the 5th is anything in your garage that helps fill a blank. This gave the game more variety in hands seen in multiplayer events, and would allow more players to overcome the hurdles in challenges if it were implemented there too. 

At the end though, there likely isn't a perfect selection criteria for every event, week-in, week-out. I see the issues with this challenge too, but there were a heck of a lot of positives that deserved a thumbs up. I feel sorry for those that missed out of course, but that is par for the course in a game IMHO. I don't expect to win often, but I managed to get the prize car this time. The cost was wasting my F2P pack opening luck, a while ago, on two Aston Martin DB11's though so it isn't all smelling of roses. Others will pull different cars to me which allows them to win prize cars I can't.
    RobGripes said:
    as Mrpiratepete said

I'm sick of my **** abysmall Drop Rates (~270 CFs = 4 S), while witnessing hundreds of insane pulls from low trophy players

This is something a lot of players have noticed. I too am sick of that as are many I know. You're not alone there buddy
    An honest question in regards to this; not an argument.  Is it possible that we're perceiving lower players pulling more Legendaries than us because they post about every one?  If we get 100 different new players posting about a good pull, would we not get the feeling that our own drop rates are ****?  I don't see long time players posting about every Legendary they pull.

P.S.  I can confirm that my Ceramic/Premium drop rates are **** and I have the data to prove it.
    RobGripes said:
    as Mrpiratepete said

I'm sick of my **** abysmall Drop Rates (~270 CFs = 4 S), while witnessing hundreds of insane pulls from low trophy players

This is something a lot of players have noticed. I too am sick of that as are many I know. You're not alone there buddy
    ...but you got to keep the game accessible for new players at any point ... ;)

• binnerbinner Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29

On round 19 I can beat the db10 on drag with my r8 but not the DB11. Has anyone tested a 332 db10 vs the DB11? 
    HeissRod said:
    RobGripes said:
    as Mrpiratepete said

An honest question in regards to this; not an argument.  Is it possible that we're perceiving lower players pulling more Legendaries than us because they post about every one?  If we get 100 different new players posting about a good pull, would we not get the feeling that our own drop rates are ****?  I don't see long time players posting about every Legendary they pull.

P.S.  I can confirm that my Ceramic/Premium drop rates are **** and I have the data to prove it.
    Success is amplified while mediocrity is generally more muted. 

I have said this before, and I stand by it, that the lower trophy players we see with good pulls, are almost certainly those who have decided to invest (because that is the only way to progress). However, we do not know how good their drop rates are, and for all we know they could be terrible. Without their data to back it up, on how many purchases they made, then we cannot just assume they 'are luckier' because they have less trophies or because they have a full deck of maxed cars etc.

I was told when the GR update dropped that a whale was throwing about $2000 in one sitting at buying normal CFs just to try and get GR cars and have an advantage over others. When you appreciate that this is just one person and that there are 100s of others that do the same, then of course certain 'baby whales' will stand out.

Over time my drops have consistently met the %s they were meant to or close enough with margin of error. I would not for one second question the drop rates in the game.
    HeissRod said:
    Unfounded rumor or has something actually be said by Hutch?
    Said by a hutch employee.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    RobGripes said:
    as Mrpiratepete said

You can keep your data, i believe you!  :)

I understand what you're saying, and anything is possible. Certainly they may post about stuff more frequently, but I'm also looking at the hands i encounter.