2008-2010 Lamborghini Gallardo Hierachy

SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 95 ✭✭
The cars in question are:
S92 - 2012 Gallardo Sperleggera (LP570-4)
S87 - 2010 Gallardo Performante Spyder (LP570-4)
S89 - 2008 Gallardo (LP560-4)
S87 - 2009 Gallardo Spyder (LP560-4)

Both 2008 & 2009 Gallardos are faster than the more modern more powerful Performante, being a convertible it does weigh more than the coupe variant however it is lighter than the other spyder variant and still loses.

I tried to look for the 0-60 of the performante spyder however it seems tests and specs are rare. However I'd expect it to be faster than the standard Gallardo convertible . Which might I add is faster than the coupe variant to 60mph???. IT matches the Superleggera, which is why that to is in the comparison.

I can't see how these lower models are somehow faster than the Performante, some changes possibly may be needed.

If anyone can enlighten me on how these specs are the case It'll be appreciated.

Comments

• Anto_LAnto_L Posts: 10
    edited May 28
    The 570-4 spyder performante is really just a spyder version of the supperleggera. So I do believe the handling should be pretty similar and 87 vs 92 is a huge gap, if we respect the 2 handling penalty for the spyder on the regular versions of these gallardos, the spyder performante should get 90 handling stock. The 0-60 while awfuly slower than the supperleggera seems to be right according to lamborghini's claims but... It is indeed hard to find a tested time, which according to many might be lower than that figure, considering the normal spyder using the same engine with 10 less hp and being a bit heavier... is faster. See for example this caranddriver's article which states that they expect a low 3's time, however I cannot find anywhere with tested times.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15126181/lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-performante-lamborghini-gallardo-news/

The closes I could find was in this article where they ''estimate'' 3.1secs
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15125672/2011-lamborghini-gallardo-bicolore-and-2012-spyder-performante-first-drive-review/

Also the actual advertised times for the supperleggera and spyder performante are for the 0-100km/h listed as 3.4 for the supperleggera and 3.9 for the performante... so it would be kind of weird too that we shave 0.4 off for the supperleggera for the 0-60mph but only 0.2 for the performante...

• SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Anto_L said:
    The 570-4 spyder performante is really just a spyder version of the supperleggera. So I do believe the handling should be pretty similar and 87 vs 92 is a huge gap, if we respect the 2 handling penalty for the spyder on the regular versions of these gallardos, the spyder performante should get 90 handling stock. The 0-60 while awfuly slower than the supperleggera seems to be right according to lamborghini's claims but... It is indeed hard to find a tested time, which according to many might be lower than that figure, considering the normal spyder using the same engine with 10 less hp and being a bit heavier... is faster. See for example this caranddriver's article which states that they expect a low 3's time, however I cannot find anywhere with tested times.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15126181/lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-performante-lamborghini-gallardo-news/

The closes I could find was in this article where they ''estimate'' 3.1secs
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15125672/2011-lamborghini-gallardo-bicolore-and-2012-spyder-performante-first-drive-review/

Also the actual advertised times for the supperleggera and spyder performante are for the 0-100km/h listed as 3.4 for the supperleggera and 3.9 for the performante... so it would be kind of weird too that we shave 0.4 off for the supperleggera for the 0-60mph but only 0.2 for the performante...

100%, You'd expect the superlaggera to be faster regardless, however it should be brought inline as I doubt us accurate. Shame these different variants weren't tested. Either way we'll see what happens.
  • Anto_LAnto_L Posts: 10
    Also I made a mistake, I somehow thought the supperleggera had 92 stock handling while it is 90. But still, the main problem remains that info on these variants is hard to find as far as actual tests go, but everything points to a faster than advertised 0-60 for the spyder performante.