Skip to content

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Owner Challenge

Comments

• JayJay Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also knowing hutch your probably going to need multiple S class caddies to even win it. 

A case of where you need cars that are better than the prize to win the prize.
  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t wait to upgrade my Cadillacs to get 275000 Cash or a food for my Legendaries 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only hope is that they are going for easier / better / more prizes during the whole challenge
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    The only hope is that they are going for easier / better / more prizes during the whole challenge
    No way.  We'll see 3x Sixteens on the course by round 5.  :D
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already fused away one of these POS and barely use my other one. Guess I’ll save my gold and cash for next challenge. 
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    I already fused away one of these POS and barely use my other one. Guess I’ll save my gold and cash for next challenge. 
    Cadillac Sixteen ?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    mikes said:
    Cadillac Sixteen ?
    Nah I think he's referring to the Bugatti 
  • AdxREAdxRE Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if the Bugatti will be the only "prize" car in the owners' challenge, or there are UR and Epic to be won in the earlier stages as originally planned for the SCG owners' challenge (When they had the Bentley as the final prize)? 

@Hutch_Dmitri
  • binnerbinner Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owners now complaining about getting a Bugatti as a prize!?! I’ve never witnessed such self entitlement, first world problems. 
    Thing is if you have the Vette already but you happened to have a really good Cadillac hand for the finals where you could probably make T1 it's kinda frustrating that good requirements came around for your garage and you won't be fighting for a car similar in strength to the one you could have gotten in the regular finals. Whereas next finals your garage could not be strong for the requirements but if it was Cadillac for that finals you could have gotten a nice prize car. Good requirements for everyone's garage in finals are sporadic and it's not fair they're wasted on something not even comparable to what everyone else is fighting for. 
  • ToretoToreto Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Best Chevy vs worst Bugatti, makes sense... This kinds of things are getting people more and more tired of this game...
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    The amount of players complaining about getting a chance for a free guaranteed legendary while not having to buy tickets in the finals is disgusting. It is not the best car for sure, but how many 90s AWD cars are there able to beat it? Those restricitons are quite commonly used in events. 
    Just a week ago, everyone was making fun of the zr1 and stated how horrible a car it is compared to others. Now you re expecting the owners challenge to reward something fantastic? Disgusting.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    Toreto said:
    The amount of players complaining about getting a chance for a free guaranteed legendary while not having to buy tickets in the finals is disgusting. It is not the best car for sure, but how many 90s AWD cars are there able to beat it? Those restrictions are quite commonly used in events. 
    Just a week ago, everyone was making fun of the zr1 and stated how horrible a car it is compared to others. Now you re expecting the owners challenge to reward something fantastic? Disgusting.
    That ZR1 cost me quite some money, it wasn´t free. Real money, not ingame currency. And in case you're not familiar with owners challenges, it's really far from guaranteed... It often takes multiple legendaries to finish.

Apart from that, when you have a zr1, you get a big advantage in any chevy event or even american events, the worst bugatti is in no way comparable to that.

Even hutch knows that they are not equal, they gave them different RQ for some reason, despite the awd bonus of the bugatti...
    When i said "guaranteed", i was talking about the 100% probability of getting the car when finishing the challenge. Compared to packs, where you only get a chance of ~3% for a legendary.
  • PimPim Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

When i said "guaranteed", i was talking about the 100% probability of getting the car when finishing the challenge. Compared to packs, where you only get a chance of ~3% for a legendary.
    There is also a 100% probability of getting the S when finishing top 10 in the finals.
    What is not 100% is finishing the Challenge, or getting in top 10 in the finals.
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    binner said:
    First owners challenge for me and I am of course dissapointed but don't really have a good top end caddy garage anyway. Was planning on buying some packs if it was worth it. Anyway what I think is the funniest part about this *IF TRUE* is how it highlights the flaws in the rq system. I have this Bugatti already and it's absolutely useless but at rq87 maybe hutch thought well it's about the same offset in rq as all owners challenge prizes have been. But something like the Lancia ECV (also 4WD Perf and older) at rq85 would be a much much more desirable prize and I don't think anyone would be complaining. So anyway that's my selling point on trying to get it switched to the ECV. It's less rq and therefore in hutch logic worse than the Bugatti and therefore shouldn't matter to switch to it.
    It is true. They've confirmed it on Instagram now.

With a different picture of the wrong Bugatti no less. 😂

Hutch, the GT doesn't have those holes behind the windows. It's wrong on the card too.
    Good catch... it's a big of a struggle to find a good looking pic of GT version that is also fully licensed for us to use. However, I didn't even know that the difference was in the holes behind the windows... thought they looked the same :P So thank you.

Regarding EB110 GT as a prize, you guys were complaining not that long ago that the ZR1 was terrible and useless. So seems like a good match, a bad Owners prize car for the owners of a bad ZR1... no? :P

It's hard to make you happy :))
    With all the complaints, how about getting rid of the owner's challenges? They make the gap between prize car owners and new players even bigger. I got some prize cars myself. Aren't re-runs of a prize car supposed to be a chance for newer players to catch up with the older players? How is giving older players cars like the Ariel or the McLaren (both even have the GE tag) a fair solution?

All these grown-ups in here acting like crybabies annoy me. Getting a new free legendary must be so hard. Last time around, you even managed to cry so much (because of inofficial leaks), that hutch changed the owner's prize car instead of presenting their new approach to owner's challenges with several prize cars. Haven't you learned ANYTHING AT ALL?

And what about the people in the current ZR1 finals, who will end up one place below Tier 1? They will most probably have a hand able to beat the owner's challenge, but they can't compete in it. They not only DON'T get the ZR1, they also DON'T get the Bugatti, which many of the current ZR1 owners will get. In the end, people finishing in tier 1 in the finals get: a zr1 and a carbon. People in tier 2 get: an epic and a carbon. All of them will have to fight in the ticket-war and spend gold on that.

What do you all already have? The ZR1. What will you get finishing the Challenge? Another legendary and several very good Packs (carbons) throughout the challenge. Is it really that unfair? Ending up with two legendaries and carbons compared to one "lousy" prize car (tier 1) or even just a "mediocre" epic (tier 2) and a carbon?
    Yes I agree, let's NOT address the issues we're having and avoid the problem by tossing it off the game. Great solution. 

I will take the single 600LT Spider, a S class that is useful, any day of the year over a mediocre S class Bentley and some whatever A class Hutch decided to drop along the way.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d much rather being doing the owners challenge than hoping for T3 and a carbon at best in a totally uninspiring final, even if the EB110 is pretty meh. 
  • ToretoToreto Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Toreto said:
    Best Chevy vs worst Bugatti, makes sense... This kinds of things are getting people more and more tired of this game...
    Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a bit new here but, you don't necessarily have to take part in the owners challenge if you don't like the prize car? You can save the resources for the next Tri Series, which shouldn't be a re-run. 

I appreciate that it may not be the best prize car, but I'm just struggling to see why it's such a problem.

Dmitri
    Sure, i won´t take part in the owners challenge, but then i want the chance to win another ZR1. I could use two of them... If i cannot partake then i want a good alternative, and here we are back at the issue...
    And for a new community manager, who was here to improve communication with the community, you sure come across a bit agro...
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Dmitri Thank you for engaging with player base I appreciate that, the point is that the ZR1 is the best Chevy car to have vs the worst Bugatti (even to many epics in the same tag), the ZR1 finals were really exhausting and expensive to play, compete and win with 2 knockout events and motorsport finals dominated by Prosche slick legends, finally I guess the SS instead of the GT will be more better and everyone will appreciate it,