Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Owner Challenge

Comments

• ToretoToreto Posts: 22 ✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    It’s all relative, let’s put some perspective and debunk.

“Owners challenge gives a free legendary to already strong players”
    No. Getting the legendary from the owner’s challenge is really really difficult, it requires maxed epics and legendaries. So from my point of view it is just as hard as getting the prize car from a tri-series, and actually probably even more difficult since you cannot “game” it (no late entry, no gang of buddies to help you stay in T1 when you have a mediocre hand, no ticket spamming possible).

“The ZR1 is considered useless by the forum so the worst Bugatti is an equivalent prize”
    No. The ZR1 is pretty useless indeed as a legendary prize car, it does not excel at anything in american events and can always be beaten. Except in chevy events. That is its one and only USP. The Bugatti does not have any USP, it will always get beaten, every time. It is vastly inferior just for that reason.

”Players who already have a ZR1 should be happy with it and let others catch up”
    No. If you apply that logic to the game then it becomes pointless. The owners challenge final legendary prize needs to have some unique quality commensurate to that of the tri-series final.

The fundamental problem is excluding players from an event and its prizes. Hutch needs to compensate people who are excluded from that major event. Owners challenge is a virtual tri-series final, and it needs to be designed to replicate prizes depending on garage strength, it is very difficult to do. But my personal take is as follows:
    T3 in tri-series requires 1 legendary OR 1-2 upgraded epics + maxed URs: should get you 1 CF + 1 good UR.
    T2 in tri-series requires 1 upgraded legendary OR 2 maxed epics + 1-2 upgraded epics + maxed URs: should get you 1 CF + 1 good epic.
    T1 in tri-series requires 1 upgraded legendary + other legendaries OR maxed epics: should get you 1 CF + 1 legendary equivalent to the tri-series.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toreto said:
    Toreto said:
    Best Chevy vs worst Bugatti, makes sense... This kinds of things are getting people more and more tired of this game...
    Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a bit new here but, you don't necessarily have to take part in the owners challenge if you don't like the prize car? You can save the resources for the next Tri Series, which shouldn't be a re-run. 

I appreciate that it may not be the best prize car, but I'm just struggling to see why it's such a problem.

Dmitri
    Sure, i won´t take part in the owners challenge, but then i want the chance to win another ZR1. I could use two of them... If i cannot partake then i want a good alternative, and here we are back at the issue...
    Let me ask you one question, What do you do when there is a "bad" prize car in the Final? Are you complaining about it and demanding a change to fight for a better one? Or are you saving your resources for the next final?
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toreto said:
    Let me ask you one question, What do you do when there is a "bad" prize car in the Final? Are you complaining about it and demanding a change to fight for a better one? Or are you saving your resources for the next final?
    When i'm fighting for a bad prize car, everyone is fighting for that bad car. When everyone is fighting for the zr1, i'm fighting for a bad car... See the logic in that?
    You mean everyone is fighting for something you already have. It's not like you are missing something.
    Toreto said:
    When i'm fighting for a bad prize car, everyone is fighting for that bad car. When everyone is fighting for the zr1, i'm fighting for a bad car... See the logic in that?
    You mean everyone is fighting for something you already have. It's not like you are missing something.
    I'm missing a final that i cannot enter. Just read what TD42792 wrote above and make an effort to understand. When the time comes for you to participate in an owners challenge, i think you'll get it.
  • PimPim Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Toreto said:
    Yes but the ZR1 was not a pack drop, I was won in one of the/the most brutal series so far. 
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    Toreto said:
    Opportunity cost.
    This is a problem hutch created. They could just have no restrictions when it comes to previous owners, there’s plenty of prize cars that people have multiples of. If they don’t want that to happen, fare. What is not fare is, to those that won the car previously by spending money, time and effort, to now be dismissed with a ridiculous car. It’s borderline fuse material, for god’s sake...
  • EsperantoEsperanto Posts: 5
    It's interesting how many people were making fun of the ZR1 before the event and now prasing it like this. Just give it a break man...This car is just seriously situational, just like the Bugatti. I frequently get at least tier 2 in events and really never seen it used besides the chevy event just days ago. Even then I'd prefer the ZL1 1LE as regular events have RQ limits and its easy to max. The ZR1 is probably something that would sit in you garage only as a trophy most of the time, while the owner challenge top prize can be the golden ticket to another tri-series final. I could already feel the massive blow of that 600lt spider awarded to the SCG owners in the ZR1 qualifiers. So many players above 15th were using it. And to be honest, a random tier 2 hand in my bracket would've completed the challenge
  • EsperantoEsperanto Posts: 5
    goshko said:
    I think from all the past owner challenges we’ve reached the consensus that the awarded car will be always like 5rq worse than the tri-series final car to make up for the slightly easier (and lower pressure) of getting the car in a challenge rather than a fight and as some sort of a catch-up mechanism for newer players.

ps. We haven’t even seen the whole structure of the challenge and killed hutch as is the norm
    Its not really a catch up mechanism, just a solution to the fact that The legendary non prize car can give the owners a massive headstart in another tri-series finals. If I had a choice, I'd probably chose the challenge over the finals when the prize car is not so decent like the ZR1
  • PimPim Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    About the usefulness of the cars - the ZR1 was not my best US car, but has been quite useful. 

The packs dropped 2 Bugattis last year like the one proposed here, and I sold them both after some time (hutch can check) as they were just not useful.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to see current owners Cadillac pack sales post prelims. 
    edited June 19
    Oh what a drama...
    Here is my Cadi lineup which will finish T2, rewarding me one epic and one CF for 3 days of obseserving and racing.
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net ma playing.
    Dudes really, i wish most of you would engage on the forum otherwise too, and not make accounts just for ranting about getting several Cfs and other prizes. Stope being greedy, giving out that Mclaren last time already was a ridiculous move.
    My account is from September 2017, exactly one year older than yours... And by the way, if you wanted to have the opportunity to enter the owners challenge you should have made the effort in the last event it was awarded. I can guarantee you it was not trivial. And if by greedy you mean the players who spend lots of money in this game (thousands through the years), and just expect to be treated in a fare matter, yes, call me greedy then... I have a T1 hand for this final and i cannot enter.
    Oh what a drama...
    Here is my Cadi lineup which will finish T2, rewarding me one epic and one CF for 3 days of obseserving and racing.
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net me playing. And playing a challenge is a bit easier that PvP, as you just need to reach certain times but dont have to worry about the pack beating you.
    Dudes really, i wish most of you would engage on the forum otherwise too, and not make accounts just for ranting about getting several Cfs and other prizes. Stope being greedy, giving out that Mclaren last time already was a ridiculous move.

Won’t you be in for a surprise when that hand gets you a CF and no other cars or packs. That’s what the owners challenge actually rewards. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    Toreto said:
    Oh what a drama...
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net ma playing.
    My account is from September 2017, exactly one year older than yours... And by the way, if you wanted to have the opportunity to enter the owners challenge you should have made the effort in the last event it was awarded. I can guarantee you it was not trivial. And if by greedy you mean the players who spend lots of money in this game (thousands through the years), and just expect to be treated in a fare matter, yes, call me greedy then... I have a T1 hand for this final and i cannot enter.
    Ok, so if you account is so old why didnt you engage in the discussion about the rer-uns? I posted my concerns about it, as it creates this type of situations. Very hard to please all, so far the complaints about the owners challenge rake up lots of activity. But i saw only few posts about the last time where the last 5 rounds where beatable with a t2 hand as one of the hutch bots was DNF on a 0-150mph. With a car that hurt many paying players in the latest final. That was a bold move.
    So you want another car of that caliber, with the GE tag again (to be used in the GE rrq500 final that we didnt had)?!? While others fight for a niche car that gets rare to no use due nowadays?
    I think with all the extra cash and packs that come along its fine that the owners car is a bit worse than the actual prize. As said, its a challenge which is way easier in some terms than a 500 player battle over three days.
    Edit: Im not here to attack anyone or defend Hutch. Its just funny that the forum is dead all two weeks and suddenly people turn on ragemode as its not good enough prizes. How about you make a thread and post suggestions which cars would fit which re-run?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Oh what a drama...
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net me playing. And playing a challenge is a bit easier that PvP, as you just need to reach certain times but dont have to worry about the pack beating you.

Won’t you be in for a surprise when that hand gets you a CF and no other cars or packs. That’s what the owners challenge actually rewards. 
    Which is less than what you would get from T3 in the final. Exactly.

Now, we have not seen the structure of the challenge so let’s see, but based on previous iterations it is hard to argue that zr1 owners are not being slightly penalised. Obviously not the end of the world, but just looks like it will be disappointing, again.
    Just to clarify, the owners challenge isn’t a wealth of prizes like the VW Bus challenges. Previously it was cash equivalent to T1, gold I believe equivalent to T1, one CF, then the final car. I might have missed a ceramic along the way?
    So not getting the final is like getting T3 in the finals. You’d get a bit more cash and gold, but not the T3 prize car which is a UR here and was an Epic last finals. 
    edited June 19
    Toreto said:
    Oh what a drama...
    Ok, so if you account is so old why didnt you engage in the discussion about the rer-uns? I posted my concerns about it, as it creates this type of situations. Very hard to please all, so far the complaints about the owners challenge rake up lots of activity. But i saw only few posts about the last time where the last 5 rounds where beatable with a t2 hand as one of the hutch bots was DNF on a 0-150mph. With a car that hurt many paying players in the latest final. That was a bold move.
    So you want another car of that caliber, with the GE tag again (to be used in the GE rrq500 final that we didnt had)?!? While others fight for a niche car that gets rare to no use due nowadays?
    I think with all the extra cash and packs that come along its fine that the owners car is a bit worse than the actual prize. As said, its a challenge which is way easier in some terms than a 500 player battle over three days.
    Edit: Im not here to attack anyone or defend Hutch. Its just funny that the forum is dead all two weeks and suddenly people turn on ragemode as its not good enough prizes. How about you make a thread and post suggestions which cars would fit which re-run?
    I engage in the many other places that are not the hutch forum. Doesn't mean i don't read this forum.

If that's ok with you... Tnx
    edited June 19
    Double post deleted
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Titanium pack, 2 Cf, 1 ceramic, 10 slots and good cash rewards instead of a prizecar in the challenge. Would something like this work better?