Skip to content

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Owner Challenge

Comments

• BasilBasil Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Oh what a drama...
    Here is my Cadi lineup which will finish T2, rewarding me one epic and one CF for 3 days of obseserving and racing.
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net me playing. And playing a challenge is a bit easier that PvP, as you just need to reach certain times but dont have to worry about the pack beating you.
    Dudes really, i wish most of you would engage on the forum otherwise too, and not make accounts just for ranting about getting several Cfs and other prizes. Stope being greedy, giving out that Mclaren last time already was a ridiculous move.

Could not agree more. They just try the same trick as last time. What’s next? Every re-run a RQ100 car? And then extra 5 CF’s . Just be happy to have already the price car. I would love to re-run EVERY price car event. 
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    1 Titanium pack, 2 Cf, 1 ceramic, 10 slots and good cash rewards instead of a prizecar in the challenge. Would something like this work better?
    I like the sounds of that - maybe tweaked slightly, 1 Titanium pack, 1 Epic, 2 Cf, 1 ceramic, 10 slots, some gold and good cash rewards

What do you think? @Hutch_Dmitri

That's insanely too much compared to what any player can earn in the finals.
    (even if I know not everyone playing the owner challenge would manage to get all the rewards and that you would still need a very strong garage). But it also means players with insane garage would get even more big rewards compared to random players competing in the finals (and even in the challenge), then increasing the gap even more, as usual.

Maybe the day I would be owner I will be happy, but for now I don't like the idea of that owner challenge overall.

Couldn't Hutch just organize a mirror final event just for owners, with a different legendary car (prize or not)?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...
    Here is my Cadi lineup which will finish T2, rewarding me one epic and one CF for 3 days of obseserving and racing.
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net me playing. And playing a challenge is a bit easier that PvP, as you just need to reach certain times but dont have to worry about the pack beating you.
    Dudes really, i wish most of you would engage on the forum otherwise too, and not make accounts just for ranting about getting several Cfs and other prizes. Stope being greedy, giving out that Mclaren last time already was a ridiculous move.

Could not agree more. They just try the same trick as last time. What’s next? Every re-run a RQ100 car? And then extra 5 CF’s . Just be happy to have already the price car. I would love to re-run EVERY price car event. 
    Just because people already have a prize car they should just sit on the side and wait while others play? Sorry Basil but this is really dumb.

And I am tired of people exagerating what others say. Nobody asked for a rq100 car, 5CF etc. Nobody has been a crybaby, nobody has been screaming and shouting the bugatti is the worse prize car ever given.

All I have seen is players voicing their opinion on a choice that is made by Hutch and debated the topic. Why have a forum if not for that? Instead of criticizing others (which I am doing now too...) try to bring something valuable to the discussion.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Most of the players I know said the previous rerun (for the McLaren) "it was easier than expected"...
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be an opportunity to introduce a ‘legendary pack’? One card, guaranteed legend.

Award that as top prize in the owners challenge, or any event they want. Some will get something better than the prize car, some will get an EB110. 

That way no one can complain about not being able to compete for the T1 prize as they <could> do better than the winner. And you’d fight hard to beat the challenge as every pack <could> be a 962c. Non owners could be satisfied that at least some owners got a Panamera. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    mikes said:
    Just replace the EB110 with a titanium pack. 
    I think you’d have to go bigger than a titanium pack. I would much rather have an EB110 than what I got in the TP I won 
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    Bigger that titanium pack, really? Come on, that would surely be more than enough

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah The Titanium pack would be more useful, even if no legends on it a free fusr to legendary it far better than the Bugatti 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    BoxtaS said:
    mikes said:
    Just replace the EB110 with a titanium  anium pack. 
    I think you’d have to go bigger than a titanium pack. I would much rather have an EB110 than what I got in the TP I won 
    Trust me, the TP will be more useful. 

• pSikpSik Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    1 Titanium pack, 2 Cf, 1 ceramic, 10 slots and good cash rewards instead of a prizecar in the challenge. Would something like this work better?
    I like the sounds of that - maybe tweaked slightly, 1 Titanium pack, 1 Epic, 2 Cf, 1 ceramic, 10 slots, some gold and good cash rewards

What do you think? @Hutch_Dmitri

That's insanely too much compared to what any player can earn in the finals.
    (even if I know not everyone playing the owner challenge would manage to get all the rewards and that you would still need a very strong garage). But it also means players with insane garage would get even more big rewards compared to random players competing in the finals (and even in the challenge), then increasing the gap even more, as usual.

Maybe the day I would be owner I will be happy, but for now I don't like the idea of that owner challenge overall.

Couldn't Hutch just organize a mirror final event just for owners, with a different legendary car (prize or not)?
    Really? It's insanely too much?
    Would you'd rather have 1 Titanium, 1 Epic, 2 CFs, 1 Ceramic and 10 slots instead of the P1, instead of the Chiron Sport, instead of ... well I'll stop there.
    What you're saying is that the rewards listed are too much for the ZR1 and you want the prizes to be more in line with the car offered.  Fine so do we, the EB110 GT I do use a fair amount because somehow I haven't pulled a single Bugatti and I gave up in the Grand Sport event for some reason, though it helped me win whatever event I could use it in, but it's really not a great car and I would always prefer the rewards listed over a random junker.

I just want to point this out as well.  What Hutch's job is, is to get as much Money from the players that play this game during each event, be that in the normal finals or in the owners challenge.
    They may as well have taken 2 weeks off unpaid as they're really going to be hitting an extremely low bar on sales from this event.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

Nobody here has suggested an rq 100 as the prize car. They suggested lower rq cars than the current prize car
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the titanium pack !

Actually Tim did mention on a video that they switch to Ceramic, because nobody was happy with the B to win. I guess the Titanium pack will serve the same purpose, you have a chance to get a very good car ! (Or a EB110 GT  o:)
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gymopen said:
    Toreto said:
    Best Chevy vs worst Bugatti, makes sense... This kinds of things are getting people more and more tired of this game...
    Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a bit new here but, you don't necessarily have to take part in the owners challenge if you don't like the prize car? You can save the resources for the next Tri Series, which shouldn't be a re-run. 

I appreciate that it may not be the best prize car, but I'm just struggling to see why it's such a problem.

Dmitri
    Making this Owner's Challenge comparatively easier then the SCG one could a solution. I think part of the problem is that players are assuming a similar level of difficulty as the previous owners challenge, (where S classes or multiple maxed epics are required) but the reward isn't as grand. Perhaps communicating that would placate the crowd?

so the SCG owner challenge was easy? LOL
    when you touch big whales, @Hutch_Dmitri , the forum have more posts and views :D good job
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Gymopen said:
    Toreto said:
    Best Chevy vs worst Bugatti, makes sense... This kinds of things are getting people more and more tired of this game...
    Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a bit new here but, you don't necessarily have to take part in the owners challenge if you don't like the prize car? You can save the resources for the next Tri Series, which shouldn't be a re-run. 

I appreciate that it may not be the best prize car, but I'm just struggling to see why it's such a problem.

Dmitri
    Making this Owner's Challenge comparatively easier then the SCG one could a solution. I think part of the problem is that players are assuming a similar level of difficulty as the previous owners challenge, (where S classes or multiple maxed epics are required) but the reward isn't as grand. Perhaps communicating that would placate the crowd?

so the SCG owner challenge was easy? LOL
    LOL where did ya read that?
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    TD42792 said:
    ”Players who already have a ZR1 should be happy with it and let others catch up”
    No. If you apply that logic to the game then it becomes pointless. The owners challenge final legendary prize needs to have some unique quality commensurate to that of the tri-series final.

It may become pointless for the players currently on top, but it becomes a lot more attractive for most of the player base.

There's no point in anyone else playing if top tier is a mostly fixed group of those who started early and only the tiny fraction of players with the income to outspend everyone else can join them. 

The top group should be open to as many players as possible depending on recent luck.

Also, the EB110 is the 3rd best 90s wet weather car. Why is this useless when something like the Atom 3.5 is a good choice? That's outside the top 3 best UK slalom cars

• JayJay Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do owners challange have RQ restrictions on their stages? No one tries to win a finals without using their best cars.
    the first steps had always rq restriction but with some UR maxed you can pass... after stage 14 (second cf if i remember) the rq is high and you need A maxed... for the last round no restriction....
    and it's a challenge not a pvp ;)
  • PimPim Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Also, the EB110 is the 3rd best 90s wet weather car. Why is this useless when something like the Atom 3.5 is a good choice? That's outside the top 3 best UK slalom cars

Not really 3rd, the other EB110 SS beats it everywhere, then the RUF CTR2, Then the VW Syncro and Porsche 911 Turbo which both have TCS (any lots of players have fully upgraded as Epics), then the Epic Lambo VT Roadster (because it can be upgraded much cheaper). So more like 6th, in Wet (and excluding drags, where its mra cannot compete with some of the Rwd 90s monsters).
  • EsperantoEsperanto Posts: 5
    This shows that Hutch knows what they are doing when they bann prize cars in finals. Awarding strong non-prize legendaries to owners is just a contradiction to this effort as the cars could give those players a massive headstart in another finals(and last time the 600lt challenge was just easy). In most cases, a legendary car just plain beats an epic. Especially when you have the resources to upgrade it. Its all so easy to say the EB110 is useless until it really comes in handy. Like I once fused the R8 spyder only to find myself stuck in a Silver screen challenge one day. How bout awarding the R8 spyder...guess there'd be more complaints. TBH Hutch should really avoid awarding cars like the XJ220TWR and DBS SL, some of the best cars of their category
  • PimPim Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    A good point above, it may become useful in case it gets a new tag in the future. 
    Or if there will be any Blue cars x 5 restriction :)
  • JayJay Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    mauro07 said:
    the first steps had always rq restriction but with some UR maxed you can pass... after stage 14 (second cf if i remember) the rq is high and you need A maxed... for the last round no restriction....
    and it's a challenge not a pvp ;)
    The point is that the challange is a forced alternative to the event. What if a person doing the challange has an easy T1 hand for the event but can't get past the first few rounds in the challange because they don't have the low RQ cars. 

For the people in the event they don't need low rq cars. They just use their best cars from the start.

But people in the challange may fail because they don't have the right RQ cars?

The challange should just be the same limit as the event. Then people will get as far as their best cars will allow them to go. Just like the finals event.

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toreto said:
    Thanks, i guess... :/
    Really can't wait for the next owners challenge... Won't sleep tonight with excitement...  :/ weeeeee

Is it easy in the last rounds or you need Legendaries? And what is the prize after the first carbon fiber?