Car Corrections Sub-Forum Refresher

mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
The car corrections sub-forum has been a success as evident by the number of topics created within this section, as well as the number of corrections implemented in game after the last update. To further help ensure the proper corrections are made in a timely manner, please remember the following when creating a new topic.
  • The Car Corrections Sub Forum is only for factual specification corrections (with noted, approved sources included for the recommended change)
  • The Car Corrections Sub Forum is not a place to try to boost the performance of a car you recently acquired or already own.
  • The Car Corrections Sub Forum is not a place to try decrease the performance of a car you do not own.
  • Duplicate topics for the same car will be closed.
  • Tagging employees of Hutch or volunteers helping with car corrections won't get a correction fixed any quicker. Ditto for trying to get a topic to the top. Rest assured every topic is read by multiple people.
And finally new MRA topics will now be closed as it is cluttering up the sub-forum. There will be a master thread for all MRA inquiries, discussions, and changes.

Comments

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    got it 👌
  • Benbenx2Benbenx2 Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Where is the MRA thread?
  • ViMurrViMurr Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    Since i dont know in which thread post it im gonna talk about it here. What about Increasing the appeal of certain prize car by switching a static pic for a gif while performing a fast corner or a drift or a straight pass? On fan-made card section is full of this ideas and most of them are brilliants! @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Katie im gonna tag you guys since you are the most active hutch members here
    edited April 11
    This is 100% the wrong place to ask about that kind of thing, no doubt. And the tags seemed a bit pointless when it's more about asking something this minor.

Hutch don't use HD images for the cards in game and I would guess it's most likely for saving space; and having a gif file just takes much more space.
    This is 100% the wrong place to ask about that kind of thing, no doubt. And the tags seemed a bit pointless when it's more about asking something this minor.

Hutch don't use HD images for the cards in game and I would guess it's most likely for saving space; and having a gif file just takes much more space.
    Todays smartphone can handle way more heavy games...I dont understand why we had to play with such bad pics. Your thought is pointless. Make a survey asking  if people would prefer to download 1 more gb of HD pics and better views or stay with SD pics and stuff like that ;)
    I mean, what is the pro to allow smartphones from 2000s to handle thig game right now? XD
    @ViMurr We really shouldn't talk about this topic in here. If you insist on continuing it, however, make a thread in general discussions or something.
    @ViMurr We really shouldn't talk about this topic in here. If you insist on continuing it, however, make a thread in general discussions or something.
    I would, btw  i see no that much confrontation between players and hutch stuff lately..
  • topdrives10210topdrives10210 Posts: 28
    I think a good bit of help might be if the Hutch people shared their source data for when they created cars. Then people can see where or why an error may have occurred. A bit of transparency goes a long way. Some of these cars are rare and not all cars get magazine tested every year. Some things are clearly wrong from the start.

Also maybe share how the process works for making corrections and people may be more patient if they have a better understanding. 

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22
    Also maybe share how the process works for making corrections and people may be more patient if they have a better understanding. 
    @mikes, @TopDrives40778, & myself review the corrections submitted here (or any we may happen to notice anywhere else), compare them with our own research, then add our comments to the forum thread to let the users know the outcome.  If we accept the correction, then we add it to a review file that is shared with Hutch.  Hutch then reviews the changes for inclusion in future updates.  If they disagree with a change, or if they need additional information, a note is added with that explanation and we discuss it as needed.  Once a change is approved, Hutch adds it to a future update.  Updates are planned in advance, so even though a change is approved today (for example), it may not make it into the next update.

Note that image corrections, once approved, are just earmarked for Hutch to request the additional needed images.  The timeline for those requests are unknown to the three of us.
  • topdrives10210topdrives10210 Posts: 28
    edited May 22
    HeissRod said:
    @mikes, @TopDrives40778, & myself review the corrections submitted here (or any we may happen to notice anywhere else), compare them with our own research, then add our comments to the forum thread to let the users know the outcome.  If we accept the correction, then we add it to a review file that is shared with Hutch.  Hutch then reviews the changes for inclusion in future updates.  If they disagree with a change, or if they need additional information, a note is added with that explanation and we discuss it as needed.  Once a change is approved, Hutch adds it to a future update.  Updates are planned in advance, so even though a change is approved today (for example), it may not make it into the next update.

Note that image corrections, once approved, are just earmarked for Hutch to request the additional needed images.  The timeline for those requests are unknown to the three of us.
    Cool. Good feedback.

How does the initial card get its stats? I have seen a few things that were incorrect from the start. Is there a way they could share their source data? None of it is private or proprietary. And if when creating a card they just sort of make things up because of lack of data then just share that. There was only one Furai (RIP). There were only around three TVR Typhons. Getting good data is not always easy. How many TVR Spped 12s are left? Not many.

I get that changes are only going to be applied with updates. That makes sense. And no one wants updates every other day. But if the goal is to be accurate then having more information is better.
  • Anto_LAnto_L Posts: 10
    edited May 26
    Hello, I created a thread yesterday for Ariel atom 4 and it said it had to be approved but I just can't find it anywhere now? Kind of took a while making it and hoping I don't have to try and make it all over again.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heads up....we will not be taking any requests to add the "Call of the Wild" tag to any vehicles.  Like both the "Year of the Rat" and "Silver Screen" tags, this will only be around for a little while, so please don't request any.  
    edited July 1
    wait, call of the wild? what on earth have i been missing out on again?

(either way, i'm betting that the certain individual here that we all know who will disregard the memo anyways and proceeds to post "this car is have missing tag." threads)