So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    Hutch could do something like the Silver Screen Challenge again, where they release 3 cars from 3 different classes. Like maybe we could get a nice Super Rare prize car to start off (maybe the BX 4TC), an Ultra (maybe Firenza, MX-5 BBR GT270), Volvo BTCC, and one of the Legendary prize cars (Senna, Vulcan, etc.) If Hutch actually does do that hopefully it won't be as ridiculously hard as Silver Screen challenge but still keep some difficultly so people won't breeze through the challenge (unless they're mega P2W). 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're getting a good legendary at the end it'll be at least as hard as silver screen imho.

• KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    That Lancia Delta has lower RQ than the Audi?
    Should be better in anything twisty?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lower top speed is most likely why it has a lower RQ.  
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    And could be that the Lancia has lower MRA than Audi 
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 711 ✭✭✭
    JaguarDTM said:
    Best exemple for Vmax being important is the Lancer Evo IV. Does beat the A65 Evo everyttime! In the correct circuit (nobody think to put a Evo 4 on the test bowl) 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 667 admin
    JaguarDTM said:
    Right, some interesting things going on in that comparison:

Lancia vs Audi
    Top Speed: Lancia is worse... but that doesn't matter off-road as you don't generally reach these speeds
    0-60: Lancia is better... but doesn't matter in rough off-road as both would be traction limited at lower speeds
    0-100: Lancia actually slightly better, but still with worse MRA, which can definitely hurt on faster off-road tracks
    Handling/weight: Lancia has slightly worse handling, but is a little lighter

In off-road the net result is the Lancia only wins in the slower twistier tracks vs. the Audi. But it will also be quite interesting to use it on-road when the low 0-60 can be fully utilised, on tracks that don't go too far above 100mph...
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Tim. For te next time... can you please use some other offroad surface than gravel? just an idea...
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim can you tell us why this 500bhp, lightweight monster has such (relatively) poor MRA? 

Where do you get the 0-100 times from? 
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    Would it be possible to get those times on dirt tracks? Gravel Tracks are not really meaningful...
    Hutch_Tim said:
    But it will also be quite interesting to use it on-road when the low 0-60 can be fully utilised, on tracks that don't go too far above 100mph...
    Maybe...but to be honest, can we scrap the idea of using Offroaders on On-Road tracks. Just think about the DKR and it's high RQ, just because you could potentially use it on On-Road Tracks.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they use gravel because there are some malus for offroad tires... LOL
    HeissRod said:
    They already said they want to do reruns for popular prize cars, so don't expect reruns for cars like the GT3 RS 4.0 or Cayman GT4 any time soon.  They also alluded in a comment that they like reruns to be at least a year apart.  

There are a couple epics that would work:
    - Camaro ZL1 1LE
    - Citroen BX 4TC (probably not, since the Metro was just rerun)
    - Range Rover Sport SVR (fairly popular lately, but probably not useful in a longer time span)

Or Legendaries
    - ME Four-Twleve
    - P1
    - 959 Dakar
    - Zonda 760RS (not as popular as the other three)
    - Corvette ZR1 (not as popular as the other three)
    For the rerun, 

959 Dakar? 
    Or Me Four-Twelve! 😍 Missing it to complete the brand 

Thanks Tim. For te next time... can you please use some other offroad surface than gravel? just an idea...
    I'm using gravel to benchmark off-road cars as that's the one surface that puts All-Surface and Off-Road tyres on equal footing; you know that on rougher surfaces the off-road tires will have a greater advantage. 

To give a fuller spectrum I could add a table for light off-road (like dirt) and heavy (like snow); I also realised people might like to see a 333 S vs 969 A and 333 A vs 969 B comparison (due to engine traction bonus)... but I have to draw the line somewhere! So the idea is just this should be enough to see generally how a car benchmarks against its peers and your TD knowledge should let you get a good idea of the rest.

Given I'm keen to keep it down to just one surface, which off-road surface would be preferable if not gravel?

BoxtaS said:
    @Hutch_Tim can you tell us why this 500bhp, lightweight monster has such (relatively) poor MRA? 

You've been here long enough to know that by now, right! We get it from Evo; we sense-check anything odd, and the expert player panel reviews things as well. I'm not an expert, but after some quick Googling I could see people attesting these 0-60 and 0-100 times, although I can also see there are some other variants of the car which might be confusing the issue. If you see different, take it to the Car Corrections section!

Hutch_Tim said:
    But it will also be quite interesting to use it on-road when the low 0-60 can be fully utilised, on tracks that don't go too far above 100mph...
    Maybe...but to be honest, can we scrap the idea of using Offroaders on On-Road tracks. Just think about the DKR and it's high RQ, just because you could potentially use it on On-Road Tracks.
    When we generate RQ, the car is ranked on-road, in wet, and off-road; it's ranking in each is then weighted, with the primary stat having a much heavier weighting. If we only ranked a car in its best category, you'd get some weird effects, such as Slick tires having no advantage over Performance tires (where currently Slicks' lower ranking in secondary stats saves them some RQ). I haven't looked into it recently but I'd guess that cars like the DKR gain some off-road ranking from doing better on lighter off-road (like dirt).
    Also, if there is an event with OFF tires on dry asphalt (like the suv one! Very good!) 

The 3008 may shine a lot no? 
    edited July 6
    Two more for the Call of the Wild challenge:

The A66 2018 Jaguar F-Type Rally Car:

Looks like that extra weight means it loses out to the TD Ultra-rate stalwarts on the twistier tracks, even at like-for-like upgrades. In rougher conditions I assume the TCS and ABS advantage will start to help more.

As Mikes notes below, this is unfortunately due for a correction and will lose that TCS and ABS, which will obviously hurts its performance in rougher conditions.

Then we have the S93 1995 McLaren F1 GTR Short Tail:

So that comes in benchmarking between the 12C and 675LT (as you'd guess from the RQ), but the higher top speed and lower weight mean it can actually edge out the 675LT on the 1m and Slalom. In 90's events it also has the edge on the F1 LM across the spectrum.
    Post edited by Hutch_Tim on
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Looks like that extra weight means it loses out to the TD Ultra-rate stalwarts on the twistier tracks, even at like-for-like upgrades. In rougher conditions I assume the TCS and ABS advantage will start to help more.

Thanks Tim for the info, can you please add Peugeot 3008 DKR to the comparison?
    mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

But the Jaguar shouldn't have TC or ABS and a correction has been noted.
    Sometimes this forum feels like a Sitcom...
    Yep, I just saw that correction - I've made a note in the original post, unfortunately I don't have the technology to simulate what the Jaguar will do without TCS and ABS.

I've also added in both the DKR and the Metro as other prize cars of interest in this RQ range in the updated table.

Hutch_Tim said:
    Yep, I just saw that correction - I've made a note in the original post, unfortunately I don't have the technology to simulate what the Jaguar will do without TCS and ABS.

I've also added in both the DKR and the Metro as other prize cars of interest in this RQ range in the updated table.

Thanks for adding both cars Tim!
    You are going to hate me for never letting this topic go:
    How come the DKR is 7RQ higher than the Jaguar but loses on 4 of 6 tracks against it? I can't highlight it often enough, that either its ranked to high or needs a change.
    Ps. It even loses on those 4/6 tracks against every other car... 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

BoxtaS said:

You've been here long enough to know that by now, right! We get it from Evo; we sense-check anything odd, and the expert player panel reviews things as well. I'm not an expert, but after some quick Googling I could see people attesting these 0-60 and 0-100 times, although I can also see there are some other variants of the car which might be confusing the issue. If you see different, take it to the Car Corrections section!
    Lancia Delta S4 Rally been noted for 0-100 time review.

Also, it is important to note that in past releases the 'expert player panel' had no visibility of 0-100 acceleration times prior to release.  Everyone found out at the same time.  However, moving forward, the 'crack team of experts' now has the ability to review acceleration times prior to release which will significantly reduce corrections and most importantly player frustration (acceleration problems are by a large margin the biggest source of corrections).  There really is nothing worse that putting resources into a broken fast car that then gets corrected/nerfed in an update.  The goal in the future is to remove entirely or greatly minimize this terribly awkward and painful part of the process.
    Thank you for taking my comment seriously @TopDrives40778. I think the S4’s weak-ish performance relative to the S1 is probably down to it’s MRA. 

As far as I know, the S4 was designed specifically to beat the all-conquering S1, and it basically succeeded. 

I’m not disputing the S1’s dominance on test bowl & long drags, fast circuit even. But things like hairpin & twisty road should really go to the S4. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @TopDrives40778 .
    Hutch_Tim said:

BoxtaS said:

Lancia Delta S4 Rally been noted for 0-100 time review.

Also, it is important to note that in past releases the 'expert player panel' had no visibility of 0-100 acceleration times prior to release.  Everyone found out at the same time.  However, moving forward, the 'crack team of experts' now has the ability to review acceleration times prior to release which will significantly reduce corrections and most importantly player frustration (acceleration problems are by a large margin the biggest source of corrections).  [..]
    Intesting ! However, i feel like the acceleration problems are more easy to spot, hence the biggest source of correction.

I am trying on the handling, but i understand completly how hard it can be to judge a human feeling, different test and all and all.

Acceleration is easy and everyone is testing it :)
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

BoxtaS said:

Lancia Delta S4 Rally been noted for 0-100 time review 
    Positive or negative?
    Next prize car is a rerun of the Bugatti GS !

Hard to decide when to spend gold then !
    Can we please have the Volvo now please?
  • RawelRawel Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like epic prize cars are now meant for the challenges, not tri-series, so I doubt it
    Rawel said:
    Looks like epic prize cars are now meant for the challenges, not tri-series, so I doubt it
    In some ways I hope not as it'll be a long time before it's available then, on the other hand I'm more likely to win it as a challenge than a tri-series.