Skip to content

Another final, another carousel

Comments

• aelburtaelburt Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    edited July 5
    Exactly right that..
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    These players are conversing in real time. Removing the names would not stop this tactic.

As far as lees points for forfeiting, that would cause more harm than good as when a player clicks play and finds that he can not beat any opponents in his range, he can forfeit and give a deserving player less points. If you eliminate points from quitting, then you this would make the imbalance even worse. 

It would not necessarily stop those that already know each other. But what about alliances that form on an event to event basis? I fell into one with mostly players I had never worked with before. Most are not on this forum. Without a name that can be searched on Facebook this wouldn’t be possible. What’s the downside to removing Facebook names from events?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These players are conversing in real time. Removing the names would not stop this tactic.

As far as lees points for forfeiting, that would cause more harm than good as when a player clicks play and finds that he can not beat any opponents in his range, he can forfeit and give a deserving player less points. If you eliminate points from quitting, then you this would make the imbalance even worse. 

What was the points change that was tried a few months ago, which went bad?  That had to do with lowering points on losses, right?
  • 0171801718 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited July 6
    @aelburt said:
    Social media name or this types of things are so used for these alliances.  Just a few minutes ago I saw in a fb group that I won't say the name two screenshots of a t1 where from the first to the tenth they had 600-1k points, the eleventh 300 and so on... this is disgusting! Why so dont hide everything and just let see the hands? Why not make an algorithm where names and numbers are randomly refreshed every 2 minutes? PleaseIt is not possible that the prize cars are always won by the usual thanks to these mega alliances.
    By the way: being locked out of T1 does not mean, that 10 players above you are cooperating. The top 10 players often share the same interest to create a gap to T2 and will attack the #11 to increase that gap. I was in T1 and noone contacted me (bracket was not in this forum's thread), still there was a 300 points gap at the end of the final.
    I'm not doubting, that such cartels exist, tho. 
    Post edited by 01718 on
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

What was the points change that was tried a few months ago, which went bad?  That had to do with lowering points on losses, right?
    Come on Steve, you know this game and it’s history inside out, this is completely different. I’ve yet to see a reason why quitting should give opponents any points. If you lose, then fine, points gain/loss should still stay the same. I wonder what reason you could possibly have for wanting to keep win-feeding in the game 🤔 
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    by not giving points to a "friend" by quitting would stop strong hands feeding weak hands, the only way they could feed would be to actually race the 5 rounds and either put up a weak hand or play cars out of position. This would then make the gatekeeper vulnerable as he would have a ghost that could be beaten by others....JUST DO IT.....lol
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and let us pick an in-game name if we want to. 
    01718 said:
    @aelburt said:
    Social media name or this types of things are so used for these alliances.  Just a few minutes ago I saw in a fb group that I won't say the name two screenshots of a t1 where from the first to the tenth they had 600-1k points, the eleventh 300 and so on... this is disgusting! Why so dont hide everything and just let see the hands? Why not make an algorithm where names and numbers are randomly refreshed every 2 minutes? PleaseIt is not possible that the prize cars are always won by the usual thanks to these mega alliances.
    By the way: being locked out of T1 does not mean, that 10 players above you are cooperating. The top 10 players often share the same inferest to create a gap to T2 and will attack the #11 to increase that gap. I was in T1 and noone contacted me (bracket was not in this forum's thread), still there was a 300 points gap at the end of the final.
    Maybe you are right, but a gap of 300-400? Are you sure? If everyone played only for placement then he would think only for himself. The gap is too high not to be a "group" of people.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aelburt said:
    01718 said:
    @aelburt said:
    By the way: being locked out of T1 does not mean, that 10 players above you are cooperating. The top 10 players often share the same inferest to create a gap to T2 and will attack the #11 to increase that gap. I was in T1 and noone contacted me (bracket was not in this forum's thread), still there was a 300 points gap at the end of the final.
    Maybe you are right, but a gap of 300-400? Are you sure? If everyone played only for placement then he would think only for himself. The gap is too high not to be a "group" of people.
    I disagree, I've known multiple early game finals before there was loads of facebook alliances with gaps of 300+ points from 8th to 9th "back when only 8 people got the prize car if my memory is correct".
    People would always hit the 1st person outside t1 to build a gap.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    aelburt said:
    01718 said:
    @aelburt said:
    Yes I am sure. I was above 500 points and so was CMG (the Youtuber), I used my last ticket to get ahead of him and #11 was at about 200 points. I'm sure he will post a video about it soon so you can check it out. I think everyone from #4 to #10 had ~500 points.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    by not giving points to a "friend" by quitting would stop strong hands feeding weak hands, the only way they could feed would be to actually race the 5 rounds and either put up a weak hand or play cars out of position. This would then make the gatekeeper vulnerable as he would have a ghost that could be beaten by others....JUST DO IT.....lol

Well, that's not true,
    -when you are quitting your hand is messed up anyway, so if someone want to hit the gatekeeper its easier that way.
    -Placing B team, ok I can imagine using one or two fillers only to just lose for some friend and then put back my a team and buy a set of tickets to correct my ghost hand and that would create a bigger gap quicker tbh.
    -No points gain from the friend, that's great idea, I could exploit this feature in any event, when my hand is good only for 2 or 3 out of 4 sets, i could quit and my only lose will be my 13-15 points that i can get them back with my next ticket.
    -Picking nicknames (I am referring about coops not exposed personal information via FB) I already told the story how i found out about this forum, same story applies for the FB team, Discord, In game forum. On In game forum you can choose your own nick name, it's a matter of time for someone to start coops and teams on in game forum, and after you recognize someone you can take it again anywhere, FB, Discord etc. People will always find a way to team up, its a competitive game that you cant stand alone in all events unless you are nemesis.
      There is no way that Hutch can stop this aspect of the game, partially its not in their concern when it doesn't heart directly the game and partially they are benefit from it from the marketing perspective.
    They can make it a bit harder, it is harder in a way, your messed up ghost is an unti-measure of quitting races.
    And lets be honest all this are part of the game (not only this game), people will adjust the way that they will be cooping, some of them will be benefit again some others won't, but when you find out that you can team up with someone else there is no way back.

Well, that's not true,
    -when you are quitting your hand is messed up anyway, so if someone want to hit the gatekeeper its easier that way.
    -Placing B team, ok I can imagine using one or two fillers only to just lose for some friend and then put back my a team and buy a set of tickets to correct my ghost hand and that would create a bigger gap quicker tbh.
    -No points gain from the friend, that's great idea, I could exploit this feature in any event, when my hand is good only for 2 or 3 out of 4 sets, i could quit and my only lose will be my 13-15 points that i can get them back with my next ticket.
    -Picking nicknames (I am referring about coops not exposed personal information via FB) I already told the story how i found out about this forum, same story applies for the FB team, Discord, In game forum. On In game forum you can choose your own nick name, it's a matter of time for someone to start coops and teams on in game forum, and after you recognize someone you can take it again anywhere, FB, Discord etc. People will always find a way to team up, its a competitive game that you cant stand alone in all events unless you are nemesis.
      There is no way that Hutch can stop this aspect of the game, partially its not in their concern when it doesn't heart directly the game and partially they are benefit from it from the marketing perspective.
    They can make it a bit harder, it is harder in a way, your messed up ghost is an unti-measure of quitting races.
    And lets be honest all this are part of the game (not only this game), people will adjust the way that they will be cooping, some of them will be benefit again some others won't, but when you find out that you can team up with someone else there is no way back.
    So this discussion is useless? You said that this is a part of the game. I believe not. Because if it is a part of the game then there would be lots of "clans, teams, squads" where playing together can lead to certain results. But intended as an option to be created in the game, present in many others. Clubs can be an example, but these don't lead you to winning cars, only an amount of money. It does not have the same validity. Maybe it can be when there are 2-3 people, it might still make sense. But groups of 8-10 people, really? They monopolize your server and nobody else could win anything.  And the bad thing is that they are always the same, so there is no possibility. 

Hutch need and must find a way to end these farces.

This benefits both, them and all players. For them because if everyone plays against everyone, more tickets spent and more revenues for them.
    For us because there is more competitiveness and everyone can earn the prizes.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Why can't the races be set. I'll try to explain :-).

In what postion you are does not matter; you will always race in a sequence of 6 (race 1 = P-3, race 2 = P-2, race 3 = P-1, race 4 = P+1, race 5= P+2, race 6 = P+3 and after that it starts again). 

In top ten , when you don't have P+1 (or +2 or +3) you will have more races against lower players (as now :-)). , so when you are first you will have to race P-6,P-5,P-4,P-3,P-2,P-1.

In short,.. you can not pick your opponents,...

That's just an idea :-)
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    aelburt said:

So this discussion is useless? You said that this is a part of the game. I believe not. Because if it is a part of the game then there would be lots of "clans, teams, squads" where playing together can lead to certain results. But intended as an option to be created in the game, present in many others. Clubs can be an example, but these don't lead you to winning cars, only an amount of money. It does not have the same validity. Maybe it can be when there are 2-3 people, it might still make sense. But groups of 8-10 people, really? They monopolize your server and nobody else could win anything.  And the bad thing is that they are always the same, so there is no possibility. 

This benefits both, them and all players. For them because if everyone plays against everyone, more tickets spent and more revenues for them.
    It started here as a 2-3 people as you say (and that only because it was a small community), but when it went to FB got a lot bigger and now its not here or FB :) its already done,
    even if they hide names, faces, cars what ever you want we already know each other, this might prevent (or slow down) the creation of new groups but since there are other communication ways I doubt that even this will happen.
    Any "unticooping" method will only benefit the ones that already in a group and can continue recognize each other, like you, here.
    I m sure that you have already post your name at the active list names and at least once asked for coop/avoidance, am I wrong? 
    And yes I am saying that this is part of the game, the magic of the games, what hooks you up isn't always written or developed by devs, players are shaping the aspects of the game, strategies, co-operations , sharing information, its a live organization you cant stop evolving this aspects.
    And yes this conversation is pointless, some of us still playing because of that so you don't know what is good or not for the game, you only know what it might be good for you, and as I've said, since you already (at least once) used this method well.... you can't complain about it can you?...

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aelburt said:

It started here as a 2-3 people as you say (and that only because it was a small community), but when it went to FB got a lot bigger and now its not here or FB :) its already done,
    even if they hide names, faces, cars what ever you want we already know each other, this might prevent (or slow down) the creation of new groups but since there are other communication ways I doubt that even this will happen.
    Any "unticooping" method will only benefit the ones that already in a group and can continue recognize each other, like you, here.
    I m sure that you have already post your name at the active list names and at least once asked for coop/avoidance, am I wrong? 
    And yes I am saying that this is part of the game, the magic of the games, what hooks you up isn't always written or developed by devs, players are shaping the aspects of the game, strategies, co-operations , sharing information, its a live organization you cant stop evolving this aspects.
    And yes this conversation is pointless, some of us still playing because of that so you don't know what is good or not for the game, you only know what it might be good for you, and as I've said, since you already (at least once) used this method well.... you can't complain about it can you?...

I agree that it is now part of the game and I dont see a way to stop it. Methods mentioned in this thread are either too little too late, or have significant drawbacks.

But there is a significant issue with this practice becoming the norm. What this means is either find a group for top 10 or you know you will not get T1. Many players (like myself) will stop playing since they cannot get T1 in any event, even with a strong hand. I can see TD becoming polarised, with a few always playing in groups at the top, and the rest of the crowd being the newbies who dont have a clue.

Medium garages and solo players will be discouraged and leave.
    aelburt said:

So just let the game go and let stay all like this? No thanks. I'm here for discussing, for trying to change this horrible things. You write "since you already (at least once) used this method well.... you can't complain about it can you?", sorry but wrong. I have been playing since it came out on the play store, I think I'm one of the longest running players. And no, I have never used these things, I have always tried to do it with my own strength. I use the forum and groups for anything else but not for the Finals. I think that counts the skill, the strategy to choose the right cars and not "today we decide which of us wins and the others do not". Maybe because you are part of these "lobbies" and, as long as they are all in your favor, you don't want to change things? No thanks. 

EVERYONE MUST HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN AND NOT ONLY SOME SPECIAL PEOPLE. 
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    edited July 6
    TD42792 said:
    aelburt said:

I agree that it is now part of the game and I dont see a way to stop it. Methods mentioned in this thread are either too little too late, or have significant drawbacks.
    Interesting
     comment! What is the drawbacks of removing the quit match button once you have selected an opponent?

Removing it while you are selecting the opponent I clearly understand, but once it is done, I fail to see.

And, if someone is willing to pay a lot for their friends to win, I will not complain. As it may be the same person having two accounts.
    But the price for gate keeping a T1 in a finals should be higher than it is right now. (higher in real money)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Come on Steve, you know this game and it’s history inside out, this is completely different. I’ve yet to see a reason why quitting should give opponents any points. If you lose, then fine, points gain/loss should still stay the same. I wonder what reason you could possibly have for wanting to keep win-feeding in the game 🤔 
    No, I don't recall exactly how that point system worked, but I do recall that it went to hell in a handbasket and I don't want that to happen again.
    AslanV said:
    TD42792 said:
    aelburt said:

Interesting
     comment! What is the drawbacks of removing the quit match button once you have selected an opponent?

Removing it while you are selecting the opponent I clearly understand, but once it is done, I fail to see.

And, if someone is willing to pay a lot for their friends to win, I will not complain. As it may be the same person having two accounts.
    But the price for gate keeping a T1 in a finals should be higher than it is right now. (higher in real money)
    I cant think of a drawback for removing the quit button once opponent is selected. I just dont think it will achieve much. You can still feed wins by placing the cars in the wrong order or using a weaker hand.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    AslanV said:
    TD42792 said:
    aelburt said:

Interesting

I cant think of a drawback for removing the quit button once opponent is selected. I just dont think it will achieve much. You can still feed wins by placing the cars in the wrong order or using a weaker hand.
    Yep, but using a weaker hand will benefit everyone, no targeted players. Of course, someone can change hand, wait one hour and replace hand again. But it does involved buying ticket. And I don't mind that as it will involve using gold to save your alliance. I don;t want to oppose someone willing to pay for his friend to earn the car (If not possible, i can just send them money so they can but car packs). A first objective can be to remove the win feed part.
    AslanV said:
    TD42792 said:
    AslanV said:
    TD42792 said:
    aelburt said:

Interesting

Yep, but using a weaker hand will benefit everyone, no targeted players. Of course, someone can change hand, wait one hour and replace hand again. But it does involved buying ticket. And I don't mind that as it will involve using gold to save your alliance. I don;t want to oppose someone willing to pay for his friend to earn the car (If not possible, i can just send them money so they can but car packs). A first objective can be to remove the win feed part.
    Same as quite once opponent is selected, which places your cars randomly, so in theory it benefits everyone in the same way. In practice though players who do that also spam tickets to re-establish their hand afterwards in the proper order anyway.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:

No, I don't recall exactly how that point system worked, but I do recall that it went to hell in a handbasket and I don't want that to happen again.
    I think wins were getting way more points than loses. So two friends with hands that could beat each other depending on how they played were able to spam tickets together trading wins and build insane amounts of points.Negative win-loss in 1st and 2nd.

Or you could just buy all the tickets in the world to get a big enough score it didn't matter how good your hand was.

• G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    i put this idea whitout thinking too much of it... so take it as it is...

what about considering the number of ticket played?
    Let's say a user spend 100 tickets... he can be played by other user a certain ammount of times... ex 100+20 times. In this way surely he can't be targeted unlimited times by "teammed-players"...
    In an ideal situation even the final results should be more balanced and realistic cause the total number of "races" should be quite similar in the whole braket.
    And even buying an extreme quantity of tickets should be pointless...
    I can already see the flaws, particularly what can happen with a low number of ticket used... It could be a system that starts working after a minimum number of tickets... (100 or so...)

With the possiblity to choose the opponent i cannot see an easy solution.

So the easiest solution i would implement is to eliminate the opponents selection... sure there is less strategy... but the problem is TOTALLY solved and only your garage strenght will let you in the upper tiers. The number of total races for each player in the braket would be balanced automatically by the server when choosing the opponent and the final result should be the most fair ever seen in here. Even in "last minute" brakets.

(PS if players want to cooperate with each others, let's implement a good Club mode, putting even there prize cars...)
    In my ideal Top Drives, in the solo mode the opponent is choosen by the server.
    In clubs you could choose from the opponents of the other team.
  • G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Anyway something surely has to be done.
    This all situation is harming most of the players, i think is unfair and it doen't represent the way the game should be played. Cooperation has to be unallowed in the solo mode and allowed in clubs.

I've been asked by strangers trough my fb to cooperate numerous times, targeted and finished 11th so many times that i don't want to think about... it's been years know. I even left the game for almost three months (loosing the moby). I returned cause after all i liked the game and i hope they fix it eventually. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.