Another final, another timezone catastrophy

Comments

• 0171801718 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭
    Haha Ozzman, you did that with Paint? Well done, even nailed the look of the font for the "requirements"-timer.

Another idea would be to let events start at the same time but brackets would end at different times, hence, they would not last multiples of 24 hours. Could be a problem when prizes are given out that are relevant for newer events....
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    Why not start all regions at the same time but change only the end time? What are the cons of this?

(sorry if someone already metioned this but I didn't read every post)
  • RawelRawel Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    adms87 said:
    Why not start all regions at the same time but change only the end time? What are the cons of this?

That way some people could farm more resurces from prizeboards, which would be unfair
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Dmitri, still hoping to hear back from you guys on this, thanks.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

That way some people could farm more resurces from prizeboards, which would be unfair
    No one is farming anymore. It faded out after the prizeboard nerf.
    It was a relevant point 1-2 years ago when people were still smurfing, but as the game is today brackets get stale very often, no one plays much tickets. I wouldnt mind if my events are cut short some hours.

Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

It was a relevant point 1-2 years ago when people were still smurfing, but as the game is today brackets get stale very often, no one plays much tickets. I wouldnt mind if my events are cut short some hours.

Sure, but still, that would make the playing field uneven, even if only very slightly. Imo it's unacceptable
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

Sure, but still, that would make the playing field uneven, even if only very slightly. Imo it's unacceptable
    So.. better keep the timezone issue alive instead os possible loosing a few k (that you can make in clubs in minutes)?
    Whats your idea to solve it fair?

• RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree @AndreasSimmer. The trade off is small compared to the benefit it brings. 

However, this could be rotated also, so that sometimes the other regions have longer events. That could even out the discrepancy for all to be fair
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

So.. better keep the timezone issue alive instead os possible loosing a few k (that you can make in clubs in minutes)?

Server dependant starting time, I see no advantage in someone learning event requirements or tracksets before me. But I don't know/remember if hutch ever said if it's possible or not
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

Server dependant starting time, I see no advantage in someone learning event requirements or tracksets before me. But I don't know/remember if hutch ever said if it's possible or not
    Im fine with that too.  Both options would contribute to the sleep and health of our asian players. And yield Hutch more profit, i cant see why this argument doesnt let them work on it.
    TD42792 said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

Im fine with that too.  Both options would contribute to the sleep and health of our asian players. And yield Hutch more profit, i cant see why this argument doesnt let them work on it.
    Imagine. They would have to work on splitting server event times, increase asian server capacity, hire more asian language support... what a headache.
    All this just for just a few million $ a year? Double their profits? Better left as it is.
    Not sure why they would need to hire more language support?  Already use the same languages on the events now, why would they need more language support???

Splitting server times? All the servers are probably separate anyway, how else do they keep you in your region happy and safe and away from the Asian Whales if its not on a separate server?  So its just setting the event start on that server to start at a different time, (or so one would assume, seeing as Hutch doesn't seem to want to reply on this?)

"And all this for a few million $ a year".  They turn over around $18-22M a year (depending on what source you read).  Not sure what company you work for, but anyone running a business that doesn't care about 15-25% of their revenue, which will continue to decrease when it should be increasing...I hope you don't work in accounts mate.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucks73 said:
    TD42792 said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

Imagine. They would have to work on splitting server event times, increase asian server capacity, hire more asian language support... what a headache.
    All this just for just a few million $ a year? Double their profits? Better left as it is.
    Not sure why they would need to hire more language support?  Already use the same languages on the events now, why would they need more language support???

Splitting server times? All the servers are probably separate anyway, how else do they keep you in your region happy and safe and away from the Asian Whales if its not on a separate server?  So its just setting the event start on that server to start at a different time, (or so one would assume, seeing as Hutch doesn't seem to want to reply on this?)

"And all this for a few million $ a year".  They turn over around $18-22M a year (depending on what source you read).  Not sure what company you work for, but anyone running a business that doesn't care about 15-25% of their revenue, which will continue to decrease when it should be increasing...I hope you don't work in accounts mate.
    I was being sarcastic...
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    My guess, they just don't know, are thinking about it and don't want to interact as they don't have clear idea.
    TD42792 said:
    Bucks73 said:
    TD42792 said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

I was being sarcastic...
    Whoops!!! My bad. Sorry mate. Sometimes some of the posts you see on here...
    apologies!!
    Bucks73 said:
    TD42792 said:
    Bucks73 said:
    TD42792 said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

I was being sarcastic...
    Whoops!!! My bad. Sorry mate. Sometimes some of the posts you see on here...
    apologies!!
    What are you saying? Who? Drop some names ..
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Bucks73 said:
    TD42792 said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    Rawel said:
    adms87 said:

I was being sarcastic...

you need more emoticon :D:D
  • AdxREAdxRE Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Seriously @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Dmitri, a simple "We are looking into this" and we will stop bugging you and come back next week. 

If you really don't know what to do as AslanV said then just ask, I am sure the community has several solutions (In addition to those outlined in this thread) for your disposal.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats one thing i wonder for few years now. Why they dont simple adjust asian server to another timezone and make asian players happy? If their events would end in normal evening hours like in europe. I am sure many many more asians would play game. Asian community is huge in automotive and gaming. Just look Japan for example, they are going crazy on cars.

Adjusting events end time in asian server & some marketing campaign in asian market = revenue sky high.

Thats the reason why i dont understand why hutch ignores biggest market on planet. 
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    They don't have Toyota or any good Asian manufacturer, they don't have Ferrari (China loves them), they didn't have Lambos until few months ago, they clearly started with EU, then focus on the USA market. if they add Asian manufacts they will probably introduce the solution for the ending times, now its on the autopilot.
    @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Dmitri
    Hi guys, just wondering if you are going to come back with anything on this?
  • winterbonewinterbone Posts: 39 ✭✭
    They don't have Toyota or any good Asian manufacturer, they don't have Ferrari (China loves them), they didn't have Lambos until few months ago, they clearly started with EU, then focus on the USA market. if they add Asian manufacts they will probably introduce the solution for the ending times, now its on the autopilot.
    Never thought about this, but i think you are right, they are on autopilot , and they probably do have plans for asian market, just not for current asian players
    @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Dmitri 
    Hi guys, just wondering if you are going to come back with anything on this?
    Hutch say they want to make the game for the long-term but i reckon inaction on this is decidedly cutting off any chances of growing the Asia market in the future.

A newish player who i would reckon has spent 8-10k in the few months he's played just quit today due to the timezone thing preventing him from competing as effectively as his spending should allow.

In the nearly 3 years the game has been out, a lot of Asian players have found the game, and left. I highly doubt that they'll come back even if the timezone thing changes. Is the pool of car-collecting mobile gamers in Asia infinite? The sooner Hutch makes changes to suit this market the better the chances of growing it. 
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    If they do decide to change the end times, I earnestly hope it won't be pushed back some 4-6 hours, which would put it right in the middle of the busy times during the morning, e.g., commute to work. That would totally kill the game for some of us. I'd rather have the 3 AM end time that I currently have.
    i am hoping for our own 10pm approximation. I don't see how it isn't already in place. pros massively outweigh the cons. 

I am beginning to think Hutch really don't give a s--- and would rather not mess with the status quo. 
    Is there any way to engage with Hutch into discussions anymore?
  • BrettBrett Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Hutch has been ignoring this issue for years. I'm in Western Australia so events finish in the middle of the night for me too.

The COTW event is another one that had been ruined for me. I can't compete because I can't win the cars required. This is despite the fact I can consistently stay in the top 50 whilst I'm awake but by the time I wake up I'm knocked out of the top 50.

This issue has been annoying the hell out of me for ages but now I can't even do weekly challenges because of it I have to question why I'm even playing the game anymore. 

Well done Hutch your failure to address this issue and now make it near impossible to do weekly challenges is going to lose you a lot of players .....and money.
    @Hutch_Dmitri whats up?!? You had a good start but gone to silence mode now, just like the previous community manager?
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    Not even an acknowledgement of this thread. Its a shame really!