Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    78*5=catheram, furai and lambo
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the tier 1 reward? 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see carbon
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    Would have been a good event for an RQ85 or less requirement. 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Loving it! 

No just kidding, I dont have a Superlight so it's probably not for me. 
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 88 ✭✭

could be fun they said.. thats the hands i see in my bracket fighting for T1.. since i dont have a furai or superlight even T2 is hard
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is extraordinary. Haven’t we seen enough of events where the superlight dominates. An event where it’s all twisty and the optimal hand is 5x super lights - which people have - good grief. Not even a drag or street. Who designs these events. 

Oh. Guess how superlight I have...somewhere between none and zero. 
    Yepp, with 5 maxed epics, including a Superlight and a JPE, I have no chance to get the CF.
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    This event is extraordinary. Haven’t we seen enough of events where the superlight dominates. An event where it’s all twisty and the optimal hand is 5x super lights - which people have - good grief. Not even a drag or street. Who designs these events. 

Yepp, with 5 maxed epics, including a Superlight and a JPE, I have no chance to get the CF.
    I’ve 5 good maxed epics and I’m just farming. This event is specific to the extreme. And it goes on along time. 
    One wonder if this the superlights last hurrah before being nerfed or moved up to legendary in the forthcoming update 😉
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One wonder if this the superlights last hurrah before being nerfed or moved up to legendary in the forthcoming update 😉
    If superlight moves rarity after some players have 5 maxed... this would be a very good reason to quit and splash some interna before on the forum . They hutched up a lot in the past, this would top lots.
    If anyone at Hutch still plays their game they shall know that this would be just a big middlefinger to the players.

If superlight moves rarity after some players have 5 maxed... this would be a very good reason to quit and splash some interna before on the forum . They hutched up a lot in the past, this would top lots.
    If anyone at Hutch still plays their game they shall know that this would be just a big middlefinger to the players.

I’m pretty they won’t do this! Just salty I don’t have one. 
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 940 admin
    edited July 20

I do. What are you asking for? More generally, how do you propose we create events with wide fields (this one has 374 cars), while also banning the best cars in that field? The RQ could have been less - but if it was in the 300s, you're going to see very similarly optimised hands to what Snaetch89 posted, just with slightly lower RQ cars.

Obviously this is a twisty event, so the car benefits. While not all events allow the Superlight to flourish, a lot certainly will.  Recent 2-Seater/Convertible events have been:
    - #TBT Limited Capacity, retro cars that excluded Superlight
    - Spider Sense, Superlight valid, there were drag/top speed challenges, but not every challenge
    - Lamborghini Urus Qualifiers, Summer Feeling, SCG003S Finals - used 2010s, German, Italian convertibles, so blocked the Superlight.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do. What are you asking for? More generally, how do you propose we create events with wide fields (this one has 374 cars), while also banning the best cars in that field?

Obviously this is a twisty event, so the car benefits. While not all events allow the Superlight to flourish, a lot certainly will.  Recent 2-Seater/Convertible events have been:
    - Spider Sense, Superlight valid, there were drag/top speed challenges, but not every challenge
    - Lamborghini Urus Qualifiers, Summer Feeling, SCG003S Finals - used 2010s, German, Italian convertibles, so blocked the Superlight.
    Twisty events could be designed considering the superlight and furai as legendaries.
    So either limit rq to just below them, up to 76 (effectively excluding them), or allow for some legendaries as well (eg up to rq85).
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:

I do. What are you asking for? More generally, how do you propose we create events with wide fields (this one has 374 cars), while also banning the best cars in that field?

Twisty events could be designed considering the superlight and furai as legendaries.
    So either limit rq to just below them, up to 76 (effectively excluding them), or allow for some legendaries as well (eg up to rq85).
    The majority of events already seem to be constructed to eliminate the best cars you can use though. 

I do. What are you asking for? More generally, how do you propose we create events with wide fields (this one has 374 cars), while also banning the best cars in that field? The RQ could have been less - but if it was in the 300s, you're going to see very similarly optimised hands to what Snaetch89 posted, just with slightly lower RQ cars.

It's the fact you can win this event by fielding the same car 5 times and such is the reputation of this car people have 5 of them. A single mile drag or a city street or an RQ limit that stopped 5x78 would have made this infinitely more fun. And aren't games meant to be fun?
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    The good thing with those "not-so-fun" events is that I can take a break from intense grind for a few days (especially after an even such as the Veyron finals) and some rest from the game. :D

(more seriously I've seen more interesting or original events (requirements/tracksets) recently, it shows some effort, even if there's still room for far more creativity and diversity in the events).
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    That's a very good remark from Robin,

Maybe the R500 should move up in RQ ? Still a A but RQ82 or something. The ElCamino did it, so why not this one ? Especially when the Levante loose to it in twisty trackset. A higher RQ without the balancing can make it .

The furai is different as this is a slk car.they are designed to win PER cars,but a rain can definitely put your chance away.
  • LSMSCLSMSC Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Two ideas to prevent something like 5 times the same car:
    • A "No duplicates", so every car needs to be a different one.
    • Instead of banning the top car, give it a points modifier (0.6 for example), to make it less successfull for the event, while it still can be used.
    How to identify the "top car" ? Name ?

Agree a filter no duplicate can be nice ! But never saw it !
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    I would fully agree if there was a rule of no duplicate. It would bring more thinking to build a hand, and reduce pure luck to just have been lucky to have pulled certain A-B-C cars in double, triple... (or even mutiply S for the whales).
    I would also prefer to have one car per model in my garage than keeping 2-3 or 4 of the same sometimes - which would not make that much sense in the real world. :)

Of course it's a bit late now since some players collected big cars in double and upgraded them, but for most players selling their duplicate B to F cars would not be an issue.
    And even, the no duplicates requirements can be on some events only :)
  • 0171801718 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    I just wanted to say, while the event is kind of ridiculous it is not a terrible problem and will blow over.

The Superlight (and the Furai) are overpowered cars that help in many situations, so it would be time to think about balancing them (RQ move but keeping them Epic). However, I have to say, that single players having maxed 5of them will be very rare. The T1 hands in my brackets show a variety of cars and I could easily climb into the top 10 without a Superlight (Furai, LP550-2, 3800S, Exige Cup 260, Pagani 12C).
    Post edited by 01718 on
    01718 said:
    I just wanted to say, while the event is kind of ridiculous it is not a terrible problem and will blow over.

The Superlight (and the Furai) are overpowered cars that help in many situations, so it would be time to think about balancing them (RQ move but keeping them Epic). However, I have to say, that single players having maxed 5of them will be very rare. The T1 hands in my brackets show a variety of cars and I could easily climb into the top 10 without a Superlight (Furai, LP555-2, Ruf 3800, Elise Scura, Pagani 12C).
    I think you underestimate the car ...

(Found on Facebook)
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    You have to consider that Caterham is one of the old brands in the game and enough players have at least one superlight. So it needed to be an event for all this players to use them (all of them). Always Monday's carbon are all about some key cars, this time is superlight (and furai), in an other event was , Bugatti or Audi S1, it wasn't ever easy to win a Monday carbon and its a big show case, this events motivates people to chase this cars in finals or packs so don't expect to be a low rq or easy by any means.
    In this event you need 3 Caterhams and 2 Furais with proper upgrading to lock t1, that's not easy but it meant to be this way, just enjoy the show.
    The problem is that the reward is just a carbon, with an other UR rq50 on it, too much effort for this little prize.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    Accidental post
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    These are the events that need the "No duplicates" restriction.