The Chip System, The Solution Of Rarity Changes

JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
It's been 2 years since I started playing this game and I had experienced many disruptive vehicle rarity changes. I suggest that everytime there is a rarity change (regardless of moving up or down rarity), the car affected will reset to stock (000). Then we receive "chips", or "tokens" according to how many fuses we have put into the affected cars. For example, the Syncro W12 I maxed is going to move from Epic to Legendary. Then after the update, my maxed Syncro become a stock Legendary car, while I receive 5 Epic Chips as a result of I have put 5 fuses in before. When my maxed SLS Roadster moves to Epic, I receive 5 Legendary Chips, and SLS Roadster becomes a stock Epic. Those Epic chips and Legendary chips allow me to upgrade my other epic/legendary cars accordingly. Many other games have this "upgrade chip.”thing and worked great. This game can do the same.  The “chip” window can be around here

Please have a look, Hutch Employees

Comments

• JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Chip also can be give away to players as Daily Rewards or  Festival Rewards (Chips for F,E,D or even C Classes)
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    I agree, people are happy to have a S, and others are happy to not compete against a maxed one .
    There is another solution, each Chip is equivalent to one car and can be dragged with other cars. Each time you drag one, the number on the chip decreases.
    My thought: 

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike this idea, if you pull a good epic you need to max it to compete with the non maxed good legendary cars, which you do and you're now happy to be able to compete in events, 
    Suddenly it goes to legendary, gets reset back to stock and becomes absolutely useless as a stock bad legendary and your left with fuse tokens that you may not have any good epics to max instead. How disheartening would it be to players to have their ability to compete randomly taken away.

Rarity changes are just part of the evolution of games like this, it's why most people upgrade the cars at the top of their rarity and not the ones at the bottom.
    Or only increase rq, not rarity, when an epic is buffed. I don't see anyone complaining about zl1 1le
    ZL1 1LE is special, if it is S now, imagine how frustrating the re-run will be
    I dislike this idea, if you pull a good epic you need to max it to compete with the non maxed good legendary cars, which you do and you're now happy to be able to compete in events, 
    Suddenly it goes to legendary, gets reset back to stock and becomes absolutely useless as a stock bad legendary and your left with fuse tokens that you may not have any good epics to max instead. How disheartening would it be to players to have their ability to compete randomly taken away.

Rarity changes are just part of the evolution of games like this, it's why most people upgrade the cars at the top of their rarity and not the ones at the bottom.
    How about new players? How about someone didn’t pull that car before its rarity went up? It will be much more fair if the “chip” system exists. You won’t lose any of your food you used and you will have a free S. 
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    JackyQu said:

How about new players? How about someone didn’t pull that car before its rarity went up? It will be much more fair if the “chip” system exists. You won’t lose any of your food you used and you will have a free S. 
    And if you do pull something good right after rarity change then it basically gets maxxed for free.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackyQu said:

Your system would artificially widen the gap between P2W and F2P tho,  on a F2P account the car that now goes up to legendary will now never get maxed where as with the current system it stays maxed whereas on a P2W account chances ar4e they wouldn't car that it now needs epic food instead of UR food and still max it expanding the gap,

With regards to players who havn't yet pulled it, that's the nature of the game as well, what you pull and when is always going to be an issue.

If a player has a specific car maxed out they shouldn't lose that because of a rarity change.

• hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    please no

rarity change is part of game, you'll win on some, you'll lose on some

and btw, you can ask support to return your fuses when a car moves rarity, they will do exactly what you described except you wouldn't get 5 epic chips, you'd get 15 ultras back, it was done many times for many different players

but it shouldn't be automatic
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackyQu said:
    Or only increase rq, not rarity, when an epic is buffed. I don't see anyone complaining about zl1 1le
    ZL1 1LE is special, if it is S now, imagine how frustrating the re-run will be
    Yeah, but i see no reason why this couldn't apply to non-prize cars too. Saves us all a lot of trouble in every way
  • pSikpSik Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    The Chip System (I've previously called it "Upgrade Token") is extremely advantageous to Hutch in many ways.
    Right now, due to InFlAtIoN Hutch has watered down their prizing in Tri Series (though at least we did get an A in this one) and it's rubbed people the wrong way.
    The chip system allows them to be more generous with prizing while not directly awarding cars to players.
    I wouldn't recommend changing all events into Chips at all, that would be suicidal, but the daily could turn into a Chip event.
    It could also allow them to change up the prize boards again to remove the cars and swap for chips.

It also allows them to go down a road that they currently would struggle with, on demand events.
    Say for some gold cost, you could enter a 8h, 24h, 48h, event that would purely award Chip tokens.  These events could vary in sizing and people could join what they think their garage would be best at.

The last idea I'll talk on would be allowing them to open an 'Upgrade Center' area of the single player campaign with tracks we don't currently have it the game.  We know the entire reason they're not adding to the Story is that the expectation would be to give out several URs an epic or two and maybe a Legendary.  Poof, that problem goes right out the window, build it as a training spot for newer players and how to use the Chip Tokens to upgrade their vehicles.

The last part of the Chip system that needs to be considered is a way to upgrade chips through rarities.
    This would have to be a steep cost to upgrade but it would help players overall in allowing them upgrades to cars instead of selling for cash and praying to the Ceramic gods.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pSik said

The last idea I'll talk on would be allowing them to open an 'Upgrade Center' area of the single player campaign with tracks we don't currently have it the game.  We know the entire reason they're not adding to the Story is that the expectation would be to give out several URs an epic or two and maybe a Legendary.  Poof, that problem goes right out the window, build it as a training spot for newer players and how to use the Chip Tokens to upgrade their vehicles.
    That really isn't the reason. Hutch said multiple times (and I personally agree) that they do not give free and easy access to all maps to reward long term experience in the game
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, our fuse food costs us a garage slot.  Would Hutch require us to have garage slots for these chips/tokens? 😬
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    please no

rarity change is part of game, you'll win on some, you'll lose on some

and btw, you can ask support to return your fuses when a car moves rarity, they will do exactly what you described except you wouldn't get 5 epic chips, you'd get 15 ultras back, it was done many times for many different players

but it shouldn't be automatic

They only move fuses to an other car and that only if the car in question is nerfed, already mentioned that they will resolve this with a new retune feature.
    They NEVER return the fused cars, they only move fuses, if you know otherwise I would like some evidence.
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 101 admin
    Thanks! I will pass this to the team.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    I like this idea a lot, but it sounds a little bit complicated, and we have listened to Tim and Jon, they try to keep the game simple and "understandable at first sight". I think that an alternative and posible solutions will be to just change RQ and not rarity, as @evilprofesseur said. We already have the Epic Audis over 79 RQ and we never had problems with that. As for the maxed Legendaries that go Epic, it could be as easy as return the difference in cash that cost to max it as Epic compared to max it as Legendary. Everybody would benefit from this, as the one that didn't maxed it as Legendarie now can more easily max it as Epic, and even the ones that didn't pulled it, now have more chance to do so.

Rarity changes are part of the game, yes, but they benefit some and prejudice others. It needs an imperative solution, as this is worse than any withening gap between F2P and P2W. The chip system propoused by @JackyQu si excellente, but if Hutch consideres that is too much, at least should implement this "patch" to the problem.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    Guys, just disliking my comment is ok, but wouldn’t it help the discussion to explain what you are disagreeing with and why?

Currently, the support moves upgrades from a legendary going down in rarity to another legendary. No lost epic fuse materials.

Currently, an epic going up in rarity keeps its upgrades, which is unfair to everyone else as it becomes a legendary which is 1) harder to get 2) more expensive to upgrade. Both of those problems would be solved, if you simply stop changing rarity but change the RQ instead.

The chip system in general is a nice idea, especially awarding them in events or challenges. It helps inflation, as players get less cars as prizes and players dont have to fuse cars away, that they possibly would have prefered to keep.

Removing upgrades from a maxed out epic however, and then making it a non-upgraded legandary is a nightmare of a scenario. How do you want to compensate losing your maxed out Evos, Caterhams, Astons, Furais, etc? What do you want with yet another non-upgraded low end legendary in your garage? Don’t we all have enough of those already?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, just disliking my comment is ok, but wouldn’t it help the discussion to explain what you are disagreeing with and why?

Currently, the support moves upgrades from a legendary going down in rarity to another legendary. No lost epic fuse materials.

Currently, an epic going up in rarity keeps its upgrades, which is unfair to everyone else as it becomes a legendary which is 1) harder to get 2) more expensive to upgrade. Both of those problems would be solved, if you simply stop changing rarity but change the RQ instead.

The chip system in general is a nice idea, especially awarding them in events or challenges. It helps inflation, as players get less cars as prizes and players dont have to fuse cars away, that they possibly would have prefered to keep.

Removing upgrades from a maxed out epic however, and then making it a non-upgraded legandary is a nightmare of a scenario. How do you want to compensate losing your maxed out Evos, Caterhams, Astons, Furais, etc? What do you want with yet another non-upgraded low end legendary in your garage? Don’t we all have enough of those already?
    Yeah gotta say I 100% agree with this. Hutch needs to stop ruining our garages and there really is only one solution.
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

The chip system definitely brings balance to the game by resetting every car when it it moves up and putting everyone that owns it on the same starting line again. Honestly, that is how it should've been since day 1 but of course that isn't the case. But I think here's the downside of the system.

I don't know how long the average player takes to max out a S class but as a F2P, it takes me a year. Through my 3 years of playing, I've only managed to max out 2 S class cars. The chip system would be a pain if every 2 months when an update comes around, something in my garage gets reset. Although yes, I would get compensated the by the means of upgrade chips but is there another A class that could rival the performance of say a R500 or Furai if one day they move up? I will indeed have the assets to max out another A class but can I find a suitable replacement for the performance gap in my garage?

Most of the A class rarity changes we've observed so far have been very marginal (I'm going to refer to the Aston Martin DB11) and barely makes it into S class. Having a strong A class move into S class and would practically be a death sentence for the car. Doesn't make sense for me to upgrade a S80 when I can upgrade a S90+. 

As you said “oh snap my Great A car is going up” why wouldn’t you use your “returned fuse material” to upgrade other strong A cars? If that car is too good for A class then it should go up, and shouldn’t be upgraded as an A Class car. Kind of ironic that you understand how good is this system but still wants to keep the Free Maxed S OP system. Remember, A food for S and B food for A, if that car should have been in the S class range, then it shouldn’t be allowed to upgrade with B food. Hutch messed up before.
    edited August 6
    Gymopen said:

Removing upgrades from a maxed out epic however, and then making it a non-upgraded legendary is a nightmare of a scenario. How do you want to compensate losing your maxed out Evos, Caterhams, Astons, Furais, etc? What do you want with yet another non-upgraded low end legendary in your garage? Don’t we all have enough of those already?
    The chip system definitely brings balance to the game by resetting every car when it it moves up and putting everyone that owns it on the same starting line again. Honestly, that is how it should've been since day 1 but of course that isn't the case. But I think here's the downside of the system.

I don't know how long the average player takes to max out a S class but as a F2P, it takes me a year. Through my 3 years of playing, I've only managed to max out 2 S class cars. The chip system would be a pain if every 2 months when an update comes around, something in my garage gets reset. Although yes, I would get compensated the by the means of upgrade chips but is there another A class that could rival the performance of say a R500 or Furai if one day they move up? I will indeed have the assets to max out another A class but can I find a suitable replacement for the performance gap in my garage?

Most of the A class rarity changes we've observed so far have been very marginal (I'm going to refer to the Aston Martin DB11) and barely makes it into S class. Having a strong A class move into S class and would practically be a death sentence for the car. Doesn't make sense for me to upgrade a S80 when I can upgrade a S90+. 
    For the loss of your strong A class cars, that will happen but it shouldn’t be a problem since this is how it should works. B food for A cars with A performance, A food for S cars with S performance. If it gets a buff and goes to S Rarity, you shouldn’t even compare it to strong A
    The best solution of “losing a strong A” is to keep as it is and never change it
    JackyQu said:
    Gymopen said:

Removing upgrades from a maxed out epic however, and then making it a non-upgraded legendary is a nightmare of a scenario. How do you want to compensate losing your maxed out Evos, Caterhams, Astons, Furais, etc? What do you want with yet another non-upgraded low end legendary in your garage? Don’t we all have enough of those already?

For the loss of your strong A class cars, that will happen but it shouldn’t be a problem since this is how it should works. B food for A cars with A performance, A food for S cars with S performance. If it gets a buff and goes to S Rarity, you shouldn’t even compare it to strong A
    The best solution of “losing a strong A” is to keep as it is and never change it
    Nonsense. You suggest punishing players for upgrading their best cars. The compensation wouldn’t help at all, because there are no epic class cars to replace a R500 or a furai. 
    I wonder how much money you spend on the game that upgrading low end legendaries is so easy for you. For 99% of the players, maxing out a legendary is an absolute pain.

Also, you did not pay attention to what i said. I do not want to  „JackyQu said:
    still keep the Free Maxed S OP system.
    I even said in my comment, that i want an other system, the system of changing the RQ of an epic but keeping it an epic. 

Lastly: some cars have to be the top cars of a class. It is normal. The Furai, the R500, the GT3RS, the SLS Roadster and cars like that are the top of the Epic class. As such, they will always be dominant in the epic class.

The Bugatti is way too strong compared to all other legendaries. Should we remove it from the game now? No. It is the top of the legendary class and it should stay there.
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    JackyQu said:
    Gymopen said:

Nonsense. You suggest punishing players for upgrading their best cars. The compensation wouldn’t help at all, because there are no epic class cars to replace a R500 or a furai. 
    I wonder how much money you spend on the game that upgrading low end legendaries is so easy for you. For 99% of the players, maxing out a legendary is an absolute pain.

Also, you did not pay attention to what i said. I do not want to  „JackyQu said:
    still keep the Free Maxed S OP system.
    I even said in my comment, that i want an other system, the system of changing the RQ of an epic but keeping it an epic. 

Lastly: some cars have to be the top cars of a class. It is normal. The Furai, the R500, the GT3RS, the SLS Roadster and cars like that are the top of the Epic class. As such, they will always be dominant in the epic class.

The Bugatti is way too strong compared to all other legendaries. Should we remove it from the game now? No. It is the top of the legendary class and it should stay there.
    The "keeping the rarity and changing the RQ" thing is something of the past and has been considered, I can't remember why but the result was to go against it. Audis and the Camaro were special cases.

Not sure what you are trying to convey in the last points there. No car "has to be" the dominating car in a certain class. Things change for better or for worse when new information arise so don't be so fixated on certain cars. 

The Bugatti comparison is terrible and doesn't support anything, what are you trying to convey?

Of course some car has to be the best of a class. 
    Another Argument against "stripping" the promoted Epic would be that a whale could just go ahead and max the car as a Legendary again, which a "normal" player just can't do. So stripping the upgrades would only hurt f2p players and casual spenders. Imo only Whales would profit from such a method and the gap is further widened.

In the end it's luck if you have the car before it's "promotion" and if you manage to upgrade it in the time given. This whole game is based on luck, so I don't see it as that big of a problem.
    It's much more important that cars are ranked in their right Rarity from the start of an update (look GE fiasco) and cars that are much longer in the game should just get their RQ changed while maintaining their rarity.
    I have to disagree about “Only whales will benefit from this”. 
    This system is for balancing purposes and what it do is exactly opposite of what you said. If a maxed A class goes up, players got their B Food returned and everyone has to upgrade them again with A Foods which means if someone wants to max it again they have to use another 15 A, sounds fair. 
    This system is actually protecting F2P as F2P has a much lower chance to pull it when it was (probably) a nice A car. Then it will be almost impossible to pull it after it went up (And they have to fight with tons of almost free maxed S lol) Meanwhile, people who paid will own probably several of those and enjoying the advantages of turning 15 B food to 15 A food
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackyQu said:
    Another Argument against "stripping" the promoted Epic would be that a whale could just go ahead and max the car as a Legendary again, which a "normal" player just can't do. So stripping the upgrades would only hurt f2p players and casual spenders. Imo only Whales would profit from such a method and the gap is further widened.

In the end it's luck if you have the car before it's "promotion" and if you manage to upgrade it in the time given. This whole game is based on luck, so I don't see it as that big of a problem.
    It's much more important that cars are ranked in their right Rarity from the start of an update (look GE fiasco) and cars that are much longer in the game should just get their RQ changed while maintaining their rarity.
    I have to disagree about “Only whales will benefit from this”. 
    This system is for balancing purposes and what it do is exactly opposite of what you said. If a maxed A class goes up, players got their B Food returned and everyone has to upgrade them again with A Foods which means if someone wants to max it again they have to use another 15 A, sounds fair. 
    This system is actually protecting F2P as F2P has a much lower chance to pull it when it was (probably) a nice A car. Then it will be almost impossible to pull it after it went up (And they have to fight with tons of almost free maxed S lol) Meanwhile, people who paid will own probably several of those and enjoying the advantages of turning 15 B food to 15 A food
    And I have to disagree with your view of things. I think we are both looking at the problem from a different direction.
    Me, looking at the problem from a casual spender perspective.
    You, looking at the problem from a whale perspective. (Don't take this wrong please, I'm just assuming you are one based on a few comments from quite a while ago)

Do you even know how hard it is to upgrade, yet alone max a Legendary for a "normal" player? I haven't managed to do so in more than 1.5 years.
    I did managed to upgrade 2 Epics which were promoted to Legendaries and without those two I would be far less competetive in certain events (Though even maxed both are still not really good). And one of those could have been easily averted if it just wasn't released incorrectly.
    In no way whatsoever would it "protect" F2P players if you take away their only chance to max a Legendary. And as I said before, a whale can "easily" (a little bit exaggerated) max the now stock Legendary again.