Skip to content

Renown Rewards

GymopenGymopen Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
I recall Hutch intended to have Renown points awarded in packs and/or challenges. What happened to that idea?

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    Gymopen said:
    I recall Hutch intended to have Renown points awarded in packs and/or challenges. What happened to that idea?
    Because at the end Events rewards gives a lot to keep it slow challenge. If they would give in challenges and in different ways, more people would finish more quickly before even 2nd challenge would start. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    Gymopen said:
    Because at the end Events rewards gives a lot to keep it slow challenge. If they would give in challenges and in different ways, more people would finish more quickly before even 2nd challenge would start. 
    Many people finished some months ago, so i think its time for season 2.
    Replays are not worth it, 25-30 tries and just one B for me.

REALAIS said:
    Gymopen said:

By many, you mean top players. I finished only yesterday.
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    wonder what percentage of actual players who can compete for the Yellowbird have actually won it so far....I bet it is below 10%

I am only up to 4th race of the final section and been here 758 days
    wonder what percentage of actual players who can compete for the Yellowbird have actually won it so far....I bet it is below 10%

Yeah. Sadly Hutch doesnt release numbers for prize cars. Would be cool to know some details for YB and others
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 178 admin
    REALAIS said:

Yeah. Sadly Hutch doesnt release numbers for prize cars. Would be cool to know some details for YB and others
    Actually, we did post about 500 winners on 18 June: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBlC5bKhrim/
    edited August 4
    REALAIS said:

Actually, we did post about 500 winners on 18 June: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBlC5bKhrim/
    I dont have/use Instagram. But then I am sorry for not knowing, great job from you for posting. Then it can be already 5 or even lot more thousands till today. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    REALAIS said:
    Gymopen said:

Slowpoke
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 821 ✭✭✭
    Should finish by the end of the week, waiting for the last 240 points of renown...

But I had to replay the race 8 from the Road to Yellowbird, got the B directly !

Aslo, took the self imposed challenge to own and maxed all reward cars from the Yellowbird championship, missing only 16 cars out of the 143 cars. Only exciting car missing is the Durango GT (niche car).

Si i hope they will a little bit before releasing the next car (Volvo BTCC ?), i just want to finish my challenge !
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Any hints on the 2nd Championship? @Hutch_Dmitri
    HeissRod said:
    REALAIS said:
    REALAIS said:
    Gymopen said:

Slowpoke
    Aha. We are in different levels :))
    REALAIS said:
    REALAIS said:

I dont have/use Instagram. But then I am sorry for not knowing, great job from you for posting. Then it can be already 5 or even lot more thousands till today. 
    That's fair enough, I think it was on Twitter and Facebook too (if you use those), but i suppose I should be posting social content on this forum more often, it's just that the format doesn't feel right.

I would say a few thousand by now.
    Gymopen said:
    Any hints on the 2nd Championship? @Hutch_Dmitri
    Nothing yet, to be fair. Think it will be some time until the new one...
    Is the expection of one a year too much ?
    @Hutch_Dmitri Is it ok to ask roughly what percentage of the active playerbase has earned the Yellowbird so far?
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Interesting thought.....What if I could use 600 (hypothetical value) renown and buy a CF with renown instead of using it on reruns?
    REALAIS said:
    REALAIS said:

That's fair enough, I think it was on Twitter and Facebook too (if you use those), but i suppose I should be posting social content on this forum more often, it's just that the format doesn't feel right.

I would say a few thousand by now.
    Maybe some special thread with links to those social posts whenever those are posted in those platforms.  Idk, I guess I am very antisocial person without Twitter and Instagram account xD 
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Nothing yet, to be fair. Think it will be some time until the new one...
    This is disappointing to say the least. You guys spent so much time developing a new game play mode, you hyped it up so much, and now you are just done with it? One and out?

I'm aware you didn't say never - you said "some time until the new one" - AslanV asked if one per year is too much to ask for? I think it should be a lot more than one per year. I understand the business model is to keep us hooked and keep playing for years and years, but at this point, development of the game and its gameplay has slowed down to a glacial pace.

Last year it was clubs - great hype...and now mostly silence. I haven't seen or heard any new development or features for that part of the game. No?
    This year it was championship - tons of hype...for one (admittedly great!) championship.

You guys do the same thing with track environments. We have only recently started seeing the Nordshleife featured more often. The new City/Country environment is never featured in Daily Events, and only rarely do we see other events with it.

Instead of adding new features, why don't you guys focus on building up and utilizing the existing infrastructures of Clubs and Championships?
    Exactly.... imagine several Championships running at once... UK Championship, US Championship, German Championship etc...

Prize car is from that nation. Each one tests your garage from that nation. Could make the renown entry fee per race slightly higher (or stick to the 300 per race that the latter rounds in the Yellowbird championship has). Then we have to pick and choose where to spend our renown. That would keep us going for quite a while.
    AslanV said:
    Is the expection of one a year too much ?
    That's hard to say. I want to say it will be less than that, however I simply don't have any information on this at all.
    edited August 4
    HeissRod said:
    @Hutch_Dmitri Is it ok to ask roughly what percentage of the active playerbase has earned the Yellowbird so far?
    Hmm, that would require us to reveal what is the current active playerbase in the game, which may be sensitive information. May I ask why do you want to know? If it's pure curiosity (which it probably is), then we'll have to keep it private.
    HeissRod said:
    Hmm, that would require us to reveal what is the current active playerbase in the game, which may be sensitive information. May I ask why do you want to know? If it's pure curiosity (which it probably is), then we'll have to keep it private.
    It's just pure curiosity and I never thought that sharing a percentage would reveal too much.  i.e. if you say that 5% has earned it, I still don't now what figure the 5% equates to.  If it's too much insider info, then don't worry about it.  I was just trying to equate something like "Well, only 15% of the playerbase has earned it, so we have another 85% that aren't exactly clamoring to have a second one yet."
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭
    kaje73 said:
    Exactly.... imagine several Championships running at once... UK Championship, US Championship, German Championship etc...

Prize car is from that nation. Each one tests your garage from that nation. Could make the renown entry fee per race slightly higher (or stick to the 300 per race that the latter rounds in the Yellowbird championship has). Then we have to pick and choose where to spend our renown. That would keep us going for quite a while.

It doesn't even have to be a prize car...just an Epic and occasionally a Legendary.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    I rather a short Championship for an Ultra Rare prize car, instead of a long Championship for an Epic or Legendary car that I can pull halfway through in one of the Ceramic rewards.

Also, we are all waiting for the next update with high expectations, but we don't have to get nervous. After all, from what we know, it looks like is going to be BIG. Jon said in the Top Drives Show that is the update with the highest amount of car corrections ever in Top Drives. It also MUST bring new manufacturers with a new theme/tag. And don't forget that Robin has been keeping us up to date with the retune feature and the rework of the physics engine (wich is the bare bones of the game), wich means that everyone at Hutch is doing some serious work right now -plus working on their other games, since they don't have a specific Top Drives developer team AFAIK-.

We have had some little updates that fixed some issues -and made my way to the Yellowbird a little bit steeper just at the end-, so we can't actualy say that the progress and work on the game has frozen. Be patient, the best things in life are the ones you wait the longest :)
    Hum, for me, they have a dedicated team for TopDrives. @Hutch_Tim did mention that the game does have now a dedicated team and they are exited about all the work they can do. May be wrong.

For Heissrod, they provided when the first person unlocked it, then when they get 500 persons. If they provide the percentage now, with some math I guess you can find it (or estimate it)

@Hutch_Dmitri we will have to wait for the 1000 persons or 10000 I guess !

Interesting to see when you are in terms of Yellowbird. It gives a good ideas as you need to win regularly, so have a strong Garage....
    I think you can base a ladderboard on this actually Oo and next Campaign... New ladderboard! To see if we went up, or down ...
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    For Heissrod, they provided when the first person unlocked it, then when they get 500 persons. If they provide the percentage now, with some math I guess you can find it (or estimate it) 

well, they actually didn't

1st guy to get it posted here immediately, he was getting t1 in every event but 2 since relase

that picture congratulating 1st person only got out on instagram and ingame forum more than month later, actually even i was able to get Yellowbird before that picture congratulating 1st person was published
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone is interested in the number of players... on finals weekends, count the different brackets on your server (if you know many players its psb, as esp the later need lots of time to fill etc). Without doing a count lately i would guess its around 20 euro brackets atm, not more than 30, 500 peeps each.
    edited August 5
    20 brackets seems small.

Guess we can with Facebook,wide call to check who is the top 5 in finals, which help identify the numbers of brackets.

If you recall the open number in millions of cash revenue, if there is only 10 000 to 15 000 players in Europe (biggest market) it means a lot pzr persons!

@Hutch_Dmitri can we have the % of people having the cars compared to the numbers of players (active and inactive) ?