This week’s challenge

124

Comments

  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But it is 3x required. Not 4x or 5x. It is easy to combine something if you have couple lower RQ cars. 
  • BasilBasil Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    Fir the 2000 Rwd4x use on the 1 mile drag the fastest car you have,.. worked fine by me with the Bugatti 🤪
  • RawelRawel Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just use cars that win each race, duh! /s
    I agree this week's challenge is pretty hard compared to usual. Looking at my garage, I see that other than few key cars (furai, banana - slick tires, challenge is mostly wet, superlight, 2-eleven), 2000s rwd are rather unappealing and left stock.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    Last stage, last round. Challenge is finished.


  • MrLisMrLis Posts: 15
    REALAIS said:
    Last stage, last round. Challenge is finished.



    I'm struggling with round 23, I miss 10 points: do you know the twisty road times for the maxed STS and the Crossfire?
  • PimPim Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    MrLis said:
    REALAIS said:
    Last stage, last round. Challenge is finished.



    I'm struggling with round 23, I miss 10 points: do you know the twisty road times for the maxed STS and the Crossfire?
    Crossfire 969: 1:22:90
  • MrLisMrLis Posts: 15
    Pim said:
    Crossfire 969: 1:22:90
    Thank you.
    It is not enough. I seems I would need a second Exige S1 or a second 340R...
    My last chance is the STS
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    I can imagine how beginners are feeling... Even for Rounds 16-19 I had to use 2 Legendaries.
    Porsche 962C, Ford GT (on race 5), + maxed UR (BMW Z8) for the drag, and then only one C (Nissan 350Z which loses) and one D (BMW Z3 for the slalom).
    Round 20 was maybe bit easier even if I had to drop the 962C due to requirement (here you need a light 4WD STD for the slalom), but you still need big dragger (most probably a Legendary) on 1 Mile.

    All of this was just for the 30k!!

    Rounds 21-22 went easy for me (you still need a pretty good garage - kind of challenge where it's easy to be short of just one good car).
    Round 23:  You need minimum 1 very good 2000 STD RWD to beat the Porsche on karting, otherwise it's over. So I will need to upgrade my Infinity G37 now (which I'm fine with, long time I wanted to do).

    Anyway, I think it's pretty harsh just for a Ceramic.
    Is it a way to push more F2P/newbies to spend cash? :/

    Come on Hutch, at least add one Ceramic half-way and let the big challenge of the last rounds be for a Carbon if you make it that hard, at least from time to time.
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Lotus 340R wins the slalom on Round 20
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your complaint about the drag on round 20 is also overblown.  It's against a TVR Sagaris, which isn't a great epic dragger.  As it's built, the UR TVR Tamora will beat it in the mile.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited July 29
    You only read what you want.

    I also said I had to run 2 Leg (including 962C) on some past rounds.
    And you still need minimum 1 for the rest.

    Yeah challenges not meant to be won 100% of the time ok, but I find difficulty (and the necessary fuses) a bit ridiculous just for one Ceramic.
    Not even sure young players (less than a year) will even be able to get the 30k.
    So now even a Ceramic looks like a Graal for 80% of players in a such event..

    Again, I find Hutch too greedy. If lot of weekly challenges are maybe easy, a challenge with that difficulty should be for a Carbon. Doesn't mean all weekly challenge need to be for a CF. But would show a bit more consideration for the players to adapt prizes with difficulty a bit better.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rounds 16-19 didn't require Legendaries to beat the Legendaries on the Twisty Circuit in the first race.  The challenge had terrible cars on the 1 mile drag in the fourth race.  Bag the first one for a -50 loss, then overkill the 1-mile drag with your 12C.

    Just because your garage wasn't set up for this doesn't mean it's a terrible challenge.  Having to put fuses into a G37 is a good thing, as that car is quite useful, so it's not just fusing for this challenge.

    Anyone who buys packs, to win a Ceramic challenge, is just not right in the head so how can this be greed based?    
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    For a -50 loss on first race you already need an Epic or maxed UR most probably...
    Even with my 2 Leg I didn't have lot of margin.

    But again you don't read what I write.
    Seems you just want to defend Hutch whatever.

    The main point is not my personal case here (I will probably be able to achieve the challenge so I could just not care), but the many players (without Leg or some right Epics/UR) for who it is too difficult considering the reward, especially if they still want to put some effort and do some fuses.
    (and re the G37 again you didn't read what I wrote, I said that I was happy to finally upgrade it)

    No one talks about buying packs to complete the challenge especially for a Ceramic. It's either your garage is already quite strong either no Ceramic at all (and maybe not even cash).
    So yes I find Hutch too greedy with the rewards for a such challenge, where a CF would match a bit more the difficulty (and be more an incentive).
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    Honestly, with a not so hard core garage I walk inside the challenge.

    This is not difficult at all for me. And I did not get the One77 and McLaren (Even the bulldog...)

    I don't think i saw a hard Challenge this year (For the ceramic part) 

    5 last round, i was not close at all to the RQ limits and a lo of times, I win the last round trying to do 2 stars...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    For a -50 loss on first race you already need an Epic or maxed UR most probably...
    Even with my 2 Leg I didn't have lot of margin.
    So now needing maxed URs to win a Ceramic is too tough?  That's an unrealistic expectation.  It's certainly less than what is needed to win 2-day Ceramic events you have 5 days to work on it.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure what you’re complaining about - the name of the mode says it all - “challenge”. As @HeissRod mentioned, the whole point is to earn the prizes throughout with a diverse garage. If you want a ceramic essentially handed to you (and all the beginners with narrow garages), I’d invite you to turn to the daily login reward, where Hutch literally do just that. 

    This challenge isn’t even all that difficult. There have been challenges in the past where rounds have been changed (which is a whole other topic in it’s entirety) because the challenge was extremely difficult, even for top garages. I remember back when the weekly challenge used to award URs. I think it was a challenge for the RS200 that was mind-bogglingly difficult, which blows this one out of the water in comparison
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29
    Yama_san said:
    So yes I find Hutch too greedy with the rewards for a such challenge, where a CF would match a bit more the difficulty (and be more an incentive).
    Let's discuss this.  Everyone wants a CF.  We all want a CF.  I'd like a CF for the weekly challenge.  However, lets explore some of the results of that scenario:
    - the level of complaints about the difficulty of the challenge goes up and people won't understand that not everyone should win it
    - the level of complaints about how whales are the only ones who can finish the challenge goes up
    - Only "top-tier" garages can finish the challenge, so complaints go up for widening the gap between players

    How does Hutch win with this?

    In one response, you literally asked for an easier challenge, then asked for a CF, which requires a harder challenge.  You can't have it both ways.  
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    The challenge also awards enough cash along the way for 2 more ceramics... so those that can't finish the challenge can still get 1 or 2 ceramics from it.
  • MrLisMrLis Posts: 15
    Eh eh, I agree with HeissRod  that not anyone should win the challanges, or it will be too easy. 
    I'm a quite new F2P player (about 1 year "old"), and I do not want to buy packs or spend my money/gold for a CF. I'm just very close to the last rounds, so I'm trying to optimize my garage

    For round 23 I'm using:
    340R (+90)
    2006 911 GT3 (333) (+50)
    Cadillac STS (336) (-50)
    Exige S1 (+74)
    G35 (333) or Elise 135 (+76)

    I also have the G35 (333) but it is slower than the cars above

    I tried different combinations but I still miss 10-15 points:


    I can't upgrade the G35/GT3, but I have some food to upgrade the Cadillac STS or the Infinity M35: should I keep my food for other occasion or upgrading the STS/M35 will help me to finish the challange?
  • 0171801718 Posts: 498 ✭✭✭
    Seriously people, in the ingame-forum there are topics showing every round with every required win win time and various solutions to beat the rounds.

    (source: mousetrap)
  • MrLisMrLis Posts: 15
    Great! Until some time ago the in-game forum showed up in Japanese for me, so I stopped watching it.
    Only now I see that it has been fixed...
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    Lets have challenge without challenge. Thats how it sounds. Give free cash, ceramics, maybe 2x Ceramics or even CF. 
    Maybe need to build more diverse garage.

    First year I grinded game as crazy, played max tickets, farmed all regular events and focused to build up my garage. I didnt expected to win every challenge then. Mybgarage is lower RW is solid now. And in 2nd year I can finish like 90% of all challenges, including Seasons.

    And I dont understand that defense of new players? Need to give them all challenges with max required maxed D class car? 

    When people will be getting everything easy,fast without any struggle, they will leave game faster.



  • MrLisMrLis Posts: 15
    MrLis said:

    I'm struggling with round 23, I miss 10 points: do you know the twisty road times for the maxed STS and the Crossfire?
    Just for information, the 639 Cadillac STS beats the Porsche
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Happy to see an actual challenge this week, glad that I already lost 3 races (out of boredom to change my hand mostly).
    We can all agree that the level of the garages are higher now and most players can handle more challenging events, see daily and basically all the events with all this low trophies buffed garages, carbon events with "no legendary" requirements etc. is it the time that we need also to buff the prizes?
    In this week challenge could have something better than a ceramic imo, if not a carbon maybe a decent ultra or a low epic. @Hutch_Robin ? Do you consider upgrading the weekly challenge prizes, the whole game evolves and players are getting stronger garages , I think that's why we see maxed cars in this challenge because most of the players can handle this events, are we going to see better prizes at this challenges or are we sticking with the poor ceramic award?
  • vossixvossix Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭
    At the beginning the top price was every week e ultra or sometimes a epic. 
    After some months it change to a ceramic. 
    But I think the player has better garages then to the beginning of this weekly challenges. I I find it would be better when the top price is carbon. And not a crappy ceramic. Some chellenges, are so easy that you run too the end. But some are very difficult. With a carbon at the end it make a lot more fun. 

    Same for the daily reward. People they play the game for 800 days and longer get a cheap ceramic or premium. Loyalty won't rewarded. 
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    But you will not on-board new players that way..,

    What about a distinction in trophies?

    Like once you reach 10 000 challenge is harder, or there is a 6th round?
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Yama_san said:
    So yes I find Hutch too greedy with the rewards for a such challenge, where a CF would match a bit more the difficulty (and be more an incentive).
    Let's discuss this.  Everyone wants a CF.  We all want a CF.  I'd like a CF for the weekly challenge.  However, lets explore some of the results of that scenario:
    - the level of complaints about the difficulty of the challenge goes up and people won't understand that not everyone should win it
    - the level of complaints about how whales are the only ones who can finish the challenge goes up
    - Only "top-tier" garages can finish the challenge, so complaints go up for widening the gap between players

    How does Hutch win with this?

    In one response, you literally asked for an easier challenge, then asked for a CF, which requires a harder challenge.  You can't have it both ways.  
    I think it would be interesting if Hutch made the Round 20 a Ceramic and then crank up the difficulty for the last 5 rounds to win a CF. I think that would bring some interest and difficulty back to the challenge. Make people earn the CF. Don't make it impossible, but make it challenging.

    In the early days, they would select an ultra rare car that we would win, but there would be less cash or aluminum packs along the way. If they tried what I am presenting, I would even be ok if they had to lower the amount of cash they give out.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    HeissRod said:
    Yama_san said:
    So yes I find Hutch too greedy with the rewards for a such challenge, where a CF would match a bit more the difficulty (and be more an incentive).
    Let's discuss this.  Everyone wants a CF.  We all want a CF.  I'd like a CF for the weekly challenge.  However, lets explore some of the results of that scenario:
    - the level of complaints about the difficulty of the challenge goes up and people won't understand that not everyone should win it
    - the level of complaints about how whales are the only ones who can finish the challenge goes up
    - Only "top-tier" garages can finish the challenge, so complaints go up for widening the gap between players

    How does Hutch win with this?

    In one response, you literally asked for an easier challenge, then asked for a CF, which requires a harder challenge.  You can't have it both ways.  
    I think it would be interesting if Hutch made the Round 20 a Ceramic and then crank up the difficulty for the last 5 rounds to win a CF. I think that would bring some interest and difficulty back to the challenge. Make people earn the CF. Don't make it impossible, but make it challenging.

    In the early days, they would select an ultra rare car that we would win, but there would be less cash or aluminum packs along the way. If they tried what I am presenting, I would even be ok if they had to lower the amount of cash they give out.
    But then we would have the players who are new to the game or have a garage not yet capable of fully completing challenges ending up with less rewards and this is not something Hutch wants.  You have to provide incentive those players to stay.  If you lower their rewards, then increase them for players stronger than them, then where is their reason to continue playing?  No, the answer has to be able to make the change without impacting the existing structure negatively.
Sign In or Register to comment.