Swedish Summer update idea

_HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
Some of you are probably tired of me always going on about Volvos and how they are underutilized in the game. I would love to see Saab in the game but I understand that requires a licensing agreement. Since Hutch already has a license with Volvo, how about they introduce a minor update (something like at 10.5) that fixes existing car data and adds around 30 Volvo models, allowing Hutch to actually run Volvo events?

To elaborate some more, here are the models I propose be added and their classes

RQ3 - Volvo/DAF 66
RQ4 - Volvo PV544 - classic, standard tires
RQ5 - Volvo 144, standard tires
RQ7 - Volvo P1900 - convertible
RQ9 - Volvo C303, off road tires, painfully slow
RQ9 - Volvo 122 "Amazon" - standard tires
RQ9 - Volvo P1800 - The Saint, performance tires
RQ9 - Volvo P1800ES - the one with the cool hatch, performance tires
RQ11 - Volvo 780 Bertone Turbo (not the PRV6!), standard tires
RQ12 - Volvo 242 GT (no turbo, better handling)
RQ12 - 1997 Volvo S90 - standard tires, RWD
RQ12 - 1997 Volvo S40 1.9T
RQ12 - 1997 Volvo V40 - diesel
RQ13 - 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo
RQ14 - Volvo 242 Turbo
RQ15 - Volvo 242 Turbo Evo
RQ14 - Volvo 850 Turbo, 220hp, FWD, performance tires
bump the Volvo 850 T-5R back to RQ15
RQ15 - 1998 Volvo S70 T5, 240hp, FWD, performance tires
RQ15 - 1998 Volvo V70XC, 193hp, AWD, standard tires
RQ16 - 1998 Volvo C70, 240hp, FWD, lighter and better handling, cassis color
RQ16 - 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, performance tires
RQ17 - 2006 Volvo XC70 Cross Country, AWD, 206hp, standard tires
RQ18 - Volvo 240 Turbo Rally version with off-road tires
RQ18 - 2001 Volvo S60 T5, FWD, 250hp, performance tires
RQ19 - Volvo 240 Turbo BTCC, slicks - PRIZE CAR
RQ19 - 2000 Volvo V70R, 261hp, AWD, blue, performance tires
RQ19 - 2007 Volvo S80 V8, 320hp, AWD, black
RQ20 - 2004 Volvo S60R, 300hp, AWD, flash green, performance tires
RQ20 - 2006 Volvo V70R, 300hp, AWD, silver metallic, performance tires
RQ22 - 2018 Volvo XC40, AWD, all-surface tires
RQ23 - 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD R-Design, 325hp, all surface tires
RQ23 - 1997 Volvo S40 BTCC, slicks, PRIZE CAR
RQ23 - 2013 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R-Design, 325hp, performance tires
RQ24 - 2018 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design, 306hp, performance tires
RQ25 - 2018 Volvo S60 T8 Polestar tune, plug-in hybrid, 415hp, AWD, performance tires
RQ25 - 2012 Volvo C30 STCC race car, slicks
RQ26 - 2010 Volvo C30 Polestar Concept, 400hp, FWD, performance tires
RQ28 - 2013 Volvo S60 Polestar Concept, 508hp, AWD, performance tires
RQ28 - 2018 Volvo Concept Coupe, 500hp, AWD - PRIZE CAR
RQ30 - 2017 Volvo S60 TC1 WTCC race car, 400hp, FWD, slicks

I know I'm just dreaming but I thought it would be cool.

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd almost like an Evolve S60 in there as well
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea and I agree with the lack of love for Volvos but adding another bunch of cars after such a big update shouldn't be a priority right now. Since the update there are still a few tedious bugs flying around and a bunch of car errors to fix.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not add Saab and koenigsegg and run Swedish events aswell. 
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Because, as I said in the original post, they would need to get licenses for them. I would like to see them in the game but it would be a longer/more difficult process than simply adding more Volvos.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Because, as I said in the original post, they would need to get licenses for them. I would like to see them in the game but it would be a longer/more difficult process than simply adding more Volvos.
    In theirs new game rebel racing you have koenigseggs :) 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully understand that if you’re a Volvo fan you would like to see more in the game as it’s a very underused brand, but the last thing TD needs is more cars, imho of course. 
    I fully understand that if you’re a Volvo fan you would like to see more in the game as it’s a very underused brand, but the last thing TD needs is more cars, imho of course. 
    Yeah, I get that and I agree with you. The game has too many issues and far too little gameplay (despite what Hutch claims). This just seemed like an easy bonus update (along with gameplay fixes) since Volvo is already in the game (I'm not asking for Ferrari or something like that).
  • BasilBasil Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    i personally don’t see the problem in more cars. The more cars the more variaties in hands. I understand That for those players who don’t want to spend money it will be hard to keep up. But variety is more gameplay for me
  • justjukiejustjukie Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    i personally don’t see the problem in more cars. The more cars the more variaties in hands. I understand That for those players who don’t want to spend money it will be hard to keep up. But variety is more gameplay for me
    There will never be variety in hands until you can't play duplicates. New cars just means more 'must-have' cars that will take a few weeks to collect and upgrade.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Adding cars doesn’t necessarily mean more variety in hands, it just means people’s existing garages are weaker with every update, as said above, there are far more pressing issues for the devs to concentrate on. 

I find it a bit funny that you act like some kind of P2W whale when it comes to this sort of thing as you’re obviously not. 
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    No Koenisegg please, we already have enough unobtainable S cars :(
  • BasilBasil Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    Adding cars doesn’t necessarily mean more variety in hands, it just means people’s existing garages are weaker with every update, as said above, there are far more pressing issues for the devs to concentrate on. 

I find it a bit funny that you act like some kind of P2W whale when it comes to this sort of thing as you’re obviously not. 

I don't get it. For me making garages more weaker has nothing to do with variety of hands (pure theoretically). The more cars you can choose from the more variety,.. simple maths I believe. Do I believe it will benefit whales? Of course. But then again, you can't compete with whales so at the end of the day it all comes down on you (or me) enjoying a game and I'd rather have a game with zillions of cars than events where everyone uses the same hands.

Oh yes, here we go again,.. when do you guys learn to react in a proper way without sneaking in somekind of assult or trying to make fun of someone. Your last sentence has nothing to do with the variety of hands or not. Me being a whale or not does not have anything to do with my opinion.

• James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:

I'd rather have a game with zillions of cars than events where everyone uses the same hands.
    But we’d just have both, wouldn’t we? Having more cars won’t change the fact that we need a small number of specific cars to be competitive in any event.

GR and IR have been a real let down for me. Too many new Legendaries. Too many cars at D, E, and F that just won’t get used despite being cool or interesting, and too little resource to bother maxing any of them when the only place you use them is in Clubs, which is pointless anyway. 
    Bumping this old thread of mine, when I first suggested to Hutch they add more Volvos. Let's see how many of my suggestions and predictions were correct when PL12 finally comes out.
    Looks like I was way off and entirely too optimistic.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I was way off and entirely too optimistic.
     :'(