PL12 Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• mario_mmario_m Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited August 24
    Now we now why bugatti price is only 99 rq 
    I thinks this is a bug.. mine is 699 vs 669
    sorry if I’m Offtopic 😉😄
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we are currently working on getting the overheating fix submitted today so it won't be available until at least tomorrow, depending on the approval from the app stores. We are hoping to include other fixes with this submission. 

Come back to the main subject (sorry great forumers :open_mouth:  )

So, what is the state now ? we are today, is it ok ? you submitted the fix now ?
    What are the others fixes included in ?

Thanks
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    Hi everyone, we are currently working on getting the overheating fix submitted today so it won't be available until at least tomorrow, depending on the approval from the app stores. We are hoping to include other fixes with this submission. 

Come back to the main subject (sorry great forumers :open_mouth:  )

So, what is the state now ? we are today, is it ok ? you submitted the fix now ?
    What are the others fixes included in ?

Thanks
    We have definitely submitted iOS, I'm not sure about Android but I think it's done too. So we will be waiting for a review now.

Outside of increased CPU load which causes the device to heat up, we have fixes for the top bar disappearing after tapping on a card; fixes for the issues with Tutorials which you probably aren't aware of; fixes for issues with overlapping UI; and localisation issues. That's all critical stuff there, the rest will follow.

To be clear, we believe that increased CPU load is causing a lot of those issues, so rectifying that should help massively with other things.

Thanks! Any update on the ER Elite pack situation?
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a personal comment.

@Hutch_Gsearch I think you're taking things way too personally and pretty much always have, while often veering far too close to censorship instead of moderation. The fact is we've got the most destructive bug yet and you choose to hang on to inconsequential matters of wording and appropriately bad attitude  instead of focusing on the actual problem.

Dunno what you were doing over the weekend you claim to have spent on this issue but definitely not communicating that things will be sorted out. No wonder people are upset.
    I’m sure I’ll be following in @HeissRod’s footsteps and be basically asking for disagrees with this post, but I disagree. Obviously this is my opinion, but I don’t think @Hutch_Gsearch has ever taken things personally. His job as a moderator on this forum is to mediate discussion, which includes keeping things on topic and civil. Everybody knows that the negativity on the forum has grown recently, and even with the so-called censorship he’s constantly accused of, it’s still clear there’s plenty of negativity present. That’s not censorship - censorship would be filtering out all negativity altogether so the forum is just a happy go-lucky frolic through the Top Drives meadow. *insert mental image of a meadow-frolicking TopDrives40778 here*

From what I’ve seen, and I’ve been on this forum for close to three years, GSearch is an impartial mod that only filters out personal attacks or witch hunts (be it towards other forumers or Hutch employees), obscene language, or off-topic discussion.

I can’t imagine that GSearch in his moderator position is heavily involved with the solution of a software issue. You can’t expect him to know the ins and outs on the progress made towards fixing this issue, nor can you expect him to be solving the issue himself, so criticizing him for doing his job (addressing a comment which implies deliberate avoidance of the issue towards specific Hutch employees) doesn’t add anything to the conversation. It seems that he’s since edited his comment to more accurately reflect what he was trying to say. 

On to the issue at hand, I’ve (iPhone 6S, iOS 13.5.1) been having slight overheating as well. Not nearly as bad as it sounds like some of you are experiencing, but some overheating nonetheless. I wonder if I’m having less overheating because the 6S is only a dual-core SoC compared to the quad-core in the iPhone 7 and the hexa-core in the iPhone 8 and later phones. I see a lot of people asking Hutch to work weekends to get this resolved. While I agree that that increased CPU load resulting in overheating is a big issue, let’s remember that Hutch employees are human too. They need a break. An issue of this caliber likely couldn’t easily be resolved with just a select few employees going into the office over the weekend, so to ask the whole Top Drives team to call off their weekend is a bit much if you ask me. As far as communication over the weekend goes, I didn’t see any post from GSearch regarding the issue, but as aforementioned, it’s likely that he isn’t involved with it like some people seem to think. He probably has to defer to the in-house Hutch employees regarding acknowledgement of an issue like this, so I can’t say I expected him to know Hutch’s position on it, especially if they were out of the office over the weekend. It seems to me that Dmitri posted a statement first thing Monday morning when he got in the office, which to me is acceptable. 
  • LorskyLorsky Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    Dude, I just be ganked by the BUG again at the last 2 minutes of the std event, and last day it did the same thing on me by the same way! So, I got T3 at the end for sure beacuse I have to spend at least one minute to restart the game, that equals 2 more chances for me to get higher sorce to get in T2...but I couldn't.

Honestly ,I am not asking for any redeeming, I dont really care about the ceramic pack. I just gonna to say this game is in toxic right now, the BUGs are so annoying that made me have to restart the game again and again every 10 mins (average) when I was playing long time mode like the CLUB event. This game is hard to play in these days for me, hope HUTCH could fix it as soon as possible.

If not, try to imagine to play the Final Event with the bugs :)
  • LorskyLorsky Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25
    A quick update, Android is still reviewing the test build which currently blocks us from doing a timed release, but we will keep you updated with new information. For now, below are the notes for the fixes we have included in this hotfix:

- We have established that a background thread was using up CPU power on some devices, which caused them to heat up. We believe that this may have caused other issues as with increased CPU temperature, the device will throttle CPU power to get the temperature under control affecting the game performance. This should now be resolved.
    - The instance of flicking between the screens rapidly has been potentially fixed, this will need to be confirmed.
    - Resolved an issue with the top navigation bar disappearing in the fusing list, which made users restart the app if they didn't want to keep fusing anymore. 
    - Resolved multiple issues that occurred in the tutorial.
    - Resolved various localisation issues with another localisation import.

We will jump on another hotfix to address other issues as soon as the current build goes through.
    How many cars are you releasing with this update? I hope for the largest release ever.  ;)

Edit: forgot the  ;).  HeissRod knows.
    A quick update, Android is still reviewing the test build which currently blocks us from doing a timed release, but we will keep you updated with new information. For now, below are the notes for the fixes we have included in this hotfix:

- We have established that a background thread was using up CPU power on some devices, which caused them to heat up. We believe that this may have caused other issues as with increased CPU temperature, the device will throttle CPU power to get the temperature under control affecting the game performance. This should now be resolved.
    - The instance of flicking between the screens rapidly has been potentially fixed, this will need to be confirmed.
    - Resolved an issue with the top navigation bar disappearing in the fusing list, which made users restart the app if they didn't want to keep fusing anymore. 

We will jump on another hotfix to address other issues as soon as the current build goes through.
    Thank you  @Hutch_Dmitri for the update.
    I am not speaking for the entire community, but I feel like there are a few major questions the players would like to have answers to.

The first is will Hutch be offering any compensation (packs, gold, etc.) for the interruption of stable gameplay during the beginning of a big prize car tri-series and the bugs related to playing clubs as many use gold for the multiplier? I know in the past players have pushed for compensation for minor issues like a disruption in gameplay for 15 minutes. While elements of the game were still playable, it was a very frustrating experience that has lasted for 3, going on 4 days now.

The second question I am hearing in the community is in regards to the European Revolution Elite Packs. Initially, the ER special packs were offered for 9-10 days (if I recall correctly), but when the first hotfix was released it changed the wording of what players would get in the packs (guaranteed 1 Doonkervort UR or above before the hotfix then guaranteed 1 Doonkervort, 1 Spyker, and 1 Peugeot UR or above after the hotfix). Since this came to light over the weekend, the quick reaction was to take it down from the store altogether, but a lot of players feel slighted because they did not have the allotted time that was provided when they were first in the store.

The Top Drives community just wants to be communicated with. Updates like the one you provided are all we ask for. We just want acknowledgment that something is being done to rectify some of these issues.

• Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 165 admin
    UPDATE: We will be releasing the iOS hotfix now, however the Android update will have to wait as it's still in review.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update, @Hutch_Dmitri it is much appreciated. Just one question about the highlighted part there.
    Do you mean there wasn't enough time to test this because the overheating fix was a priority? In this case, fine, it's understandable. Or do you mean that the dev team doesn't know if the fix really works and the player base has to test it? Where's the QC team?
    Thank you for the update, @Hutch_Dmitri it is much appreciated. Just one question about the highlighted part there.
    Do you mean there wasn't enough time to test this because the overheating fix was a priority? In this case, fine, it's understandable. Or do you mean that the dev team doesn't know if the fix really works and the player base has to test it? Where's the QC team?
    Everything looked good in the tests, as in when rapidly flicking through the screens, however we don't know for sure. That's all I know.

If anything is wrong it will be included in the next hotfix, which we are already working on.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the prompt response, Dmitri! Keep up the good work!
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: We will be releasing the iOS hotfix now, however the Android update will have to wait as it's still in review.
    Just wanted to give some feedback and say that for me the hotfix solved the warm phone and battery drain issue
  • Ragnar78_Ragnar78_ Posts: 3
    I dont know this problem is belong to this update or not.

So before I connect to my account to google play and facebook too. When I download the game to my phone and log in I got my account too. Now I bought a new tablet, and downloaded the game, start the game, after try to log in with FB or Google play, and instead of getting my account back, registered to the new one. So now with my google play and FB account have two different acc, both using my FB picture and name, and my problem I have to send back my old tablet to the samsung and there is my player profil what I use, and the new tablet have this brand new account what I dont want as I spend a lot of money for my account.

Anyone have any idea, what to do? I wrote already to the support, but get no answer, so thats why I try here.
    Kcray said:

Thank you  @Hutch_Dmitri for the update.
    I am not speaking for the entire community, but I feel like there are a few major questions the players would like to have answers to.

The first is will Hutch be offering any compensation (packs, gold, etc.) for the interruption of stable gameplay during the beginning of a big prize car tri-series and the bugs related to playing clubs as many use gold for the multiplier? I know in the past players have pushed for compensation for minor issues like a disruption in gameplay for 15 minutes. While elements of the game were still playable, it was a very frustrating experience that has lasted for 3, going on 4 days now.

The second question I am hearing in the community is in regards to the European Revolution Elite Packs. Initially, the ER special packs were offered for 9-10 days (if I recall correctly), but when the first hotfix was released it changed the wording of what players would get in the packs (guaranteed 1 Doonkervort UR or above before the hotfix then guaranteed 1 Doonkervort, 1 Spyker, and 1 Peugeot UR or above after the hotfix). Since this came to light over the weekend, the quick reaction was to take it down from the store altogether, but a lot of players feel slighted because they did not have the allotted time that was provided when they were first in the store.

The Top Drives community just wants to be communicated with. Updates like the one you provided are all we ask for. We just want acknowledgment that something is being done to rectify some of these issues.

The ER pack in question was never actually meant to include the extra cards. What happened was that the description of the pack was changed by accident after the latest update. The contents of the pack never changed. I am not sure if it's possible to bring it back now.

With regards to the compensation, I don't have anything to share right now.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnar78_ said:
    I dont know this problem is belong to this update or not.

So before I connect to my account to google play and facebook too. When I download the game to my phone and log in I got my account too. Now I bought a new tablet, and downloaded the game, start the game, after try to log in with FB or Google play, and instead of getting my account back, registered to the new one. So now with my google play and FB account have two different acc, both using my FB picture and name, and my problem I have to send back my old tablet to the samsung and there is my player profil what I use, and the new tablet have this brand new account what I dont want as I spend a lot of money for my account.

Anyone have any idea, what to do? I wrote already to the support, but get no answer, so thats why I try here.
    First thing you do is screenshot your account id number, bottom left inside the settings screen. That way there’s Always a Way to get your account back if things turn bad as far as I know. Then contact support I guess.
  • ErilixErilix Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Yup, the hotfix worked for the heating issue. I could not test the UI bug for now (did not happened that often for me btw). 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overlay issues still occur after latest hotfix (iOS 13.6.1 and iPhone 11 Pro Max)

Still UI overlay issues
    Thanks for letting us know.
  • TNThomasTNThomas Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone, who had overheating issues before, confirm that the issue of overheating is fixed? I don’t want to test it due to potential damage to my phone...
    Few other bugs I have noticed on iPhone X iOS 13.6.1, TD PL12.02:

1. Unable to compare statistics of both cars at the race conclusion screen. It only lets you look at one car at a time.
    2. On the fuse car screen, you are unable to look at the statistics of a car before you move it up to the group of 3 cars that will be fused.
    3. The 10,000-10,000 bug in Clubs has resurfaced. It was fixed right before PL 12 was released. This bug does not update the number of players in a club's event or the score. You have to exit and re-enter clubs multiple times to get it to show the correct information.

This discussion has been closed.