Drop Rates Are Broken!

Comments

• BimbotondoBimbotondo Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Bimbotondo said:
    Not yet. I am waiting for their answer hoping that they are reasonable.
    I know they have swapped in the past for some, but I would have kept quiet about it. If they see you have posted on the forum they will know that they will get smashed for requests from others, so will probably not be inclined to assist you.

Just curious how many people complaining about the drop rates keep a record of every single pack they open? 
    If they did in the past I don't see why there should be a problem in adopting this policy. and of course we are talking of duplicates. But since it's weekend, they will assist me on Monday if they are not too busy, which means that in any case it will be too late for the finals ;) I am serene about it, I am offering them a civil discussion, despite being disappointed by my drop rate.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how many anecdotal evidences of low trophy players with legendaries are produced, it will never have any significance whatsoever.
    Of course these are the ones drawing attention and being talked about. But for each of these, how many low trophy garages with horrible or even normal pulls? Probably tons, but we do not know.

Until an independent audit is conducted this discussion is sadly meaningless. Still useful to vent frustrations and share bad streaks though.

And no legendary after 50, or even 100 CF is horrible, but well within the range of acceptable possible outcomes. If on average you get 1 leggy every c.33 packs, then yeah there will be long (possibly very long) streaks without. And then some groupings as well where you get 2 or 3 within close proximity.

Also, newbie garages with several S or A cars are definitely a result of the infinite amount of packs available (whether normal CFs or specific premium packs, eg infinite ER premium packs available in this final).
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me after opening 150 packs without a single legendary (all recorded) , players opening 15 ER packs and the elite pack won’t get this amount of legendaries, but in reality every low trophy player in my bracket and other bracket has atleast 1 or more legendary only from 15 packs and the elite pack and I’m sure they didn’t opened all the 15 packs , and what happens in the final? Throw two drags to make it impossible for high trophy players to compete!
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    I am recording my pack since May,

Didn't know you can have your record from the support Oo

I will ask, seems interesting (even if I have more than 5 month of non recording)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    rabookie said:
    and Hutch have made sure that no matter how many upgrades you put in your crappy epic you just cant beat a koenigsegg with that 2 drag races.
    You’re wrong in this statement.
    I guess the 4 people who have disagreed with this haven't yet found the epic that does beat the slowest Koenigseggs  :D
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    i haven't noticed any change in my legendary and epic pulls but my ultra rare from ceramic pulls are almos non existent since about 2-3 months
    OMG they saw our thread and boosted our drop rates😂😂 so the drop rates makes someone lucky pulling 3 legends in 15 packs while zero legends from 150 packs for some players (including me)

*Image from facebook group

someone lucky pulling 3 legends in 15 packs 
    I don't believe this person for a second, unless a video of the openings was included.  Too many people on that group and the I/G forum lying about drops from X packs.

Case in point....

• bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29
    Not sure if there's a explanation but anyone notice players have legendarys from the era they joined . 
    You can almost guess a person's trophies  count just by looking at there best hands .

Surely drop rates dont relate to the type of legendries you win especially for whales playing from a long time would they not have a fair spread .

Yet low trophies newbies get all the new cars and old whales make do with dreggs and a stable of classic legendarys that by design are made redundant .... because .... Well financial reasons .... for ...erm ... management 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The usual explanation for these Is along the lines of “there are loads more low-trophy players giving a skewed perspective”. Maybe hutch could give us a breakdown of players vs trophies? Just as a percentage if they don’t want to give out any player numbers for whatever reason. 
    HeissRod said:
    I don't believe this person for a second, unless a video of the openings was included.  Too many people on that group and the I/G forum lying about drops from X packs.

Case in point....

The picture I’ve posted is not nemesis, we all know nemesis spends thousands to get whatever he wants, the image I posted for a player in my friends bracket and yes he got 3 legends and an epic from 15 packs :)
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29
    HeissRod said:

Case in point....

And as someone who likes to softtroll too sometimes, you maybe shouldnt believe every igf post you read, because this time you got trolled. He posted 3 of the legends maxed before any finals packs available.
    HeissRod said:

Case in point....

The picture I’ve posted is not nemesis, we all know nemesis spends thousands to get whatever he wants, the image I posted for a player in my friends bracket and yes he got 3 legends and an epic from 15 packs :)
    If you vouch for this player, then good on him.  :)
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened 3 more so 5 ER carbons in total, return is 4 UR's, 1 low rq epic spyker, 1 legendary Rimac, "excluding the legendary Egg from a random ceramic". Tiny sample size but above expected from a 1000+ day, 50k trophy player.
    I maintain the drops are random rather than screwed towards new players. Its just a matter of probability, and sometimes you just go on a bad run.
    Question to anyone .... if you don't believe the drop rates, and think that Hutch caters to certain players (whether you believe it is whales or new players), why continue to play?  Aren't you just punishing yourself for continuing with something you hate?
    HeissRod said:
    Question to anyone .... if you don't believe the drop rates, and think that Hutch caters to certain players (whether you believe it is whales or new players), why continue to play?  Aren't you just punishing yourself for continuing with something you hate?
    Sadomasochism mate, some of us like a good bit of punishment 😂😂
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Sunken costs trap, addiction and I simply adore people I'm playing with.
    Also the game itself is pretty damn fun during its best moments
  • Ragnar78_Ragnar78_ Posts: 3
    Im a kinda new player, start at the beginning of august. Opened 15 pack +1 all european revolution packs, and didnt get any legendary, but I got 4 same spyker (A75), and 2 same donkervoort (the black one B62), 3 De tomaso Guara B60, 4 De tomaso Guara B58, 3 De tomaso pantera SI B54, I would more happy if I got legendary or more different cars, not this many duplicates.

In this case I would say as a new player I didnt get boost.

But I opened 40 ceramic (4x10)

Got 4 Epic, 13 ultra Rare, and today, I need a fuse material, and need one super rare, so I bought a ceramic, got ultra rare instead of C, bought one more, and got an Epic A77 Dodge, and the third finally give me a C for fuse. Also today I bought 3 Carbon Fibre and got 2 Epic 2 ultra rare. So in this case I feel a little boosted.

But still, Im not sure what can makes me more happy, getting a legendary and normal opening, or this opening result and no Legendary.

I really dont know.
    edited August 29
    HeissRod said:
    Very inappropriate comment , me and other old players asking hutch for clarification about drop rates with a decent discussion about it especially my drop rates after 150 carbon fiber openings, Its little rude from you to tell me or anyone to leave the game because you didn’t like the discussion or because you defend hutch everytime and anytime even in normal discussions, so please if you have anything good to say let us know other than that please keep it decent:)
    You read a little too much into it.  I just asked a question.  The two players before you had fun answering it, so why take offense?

I’ll ask another question and follow it up with the answer I already know, but no one will admit.  If Hutch has their drop rates audited, would anyone believe that Hutch didn’t provide a ringer auditor or that Hutch didn’t skew the results for the auditor’s account?  No, they wouldn’t, the narrative would change and players would find another reason to say Hutch was doing something sneaky with their game on the backend.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Very inappropriate comment , me and other old players asking hutch for clarification about drop rates with a decent discussion about it especially my drop rates after 150 carbon fiber openings, Its little rude from you to tell me or anyone to leave the game because you didn’t like the discussion or because you defend hutch everytime and anytime even in normal discussions, so please if you have anything good to say let us know other than that please keep it decent:)
    - What is inappropriate about it? It was a question.
    - He never said to anyone to leave the game. 
    - You are assuming he does not like the discussion? Why is he participating then?
    - It is called having a viewpoint. Just because he does not agree with you or he appears to agree with hutch makes no difference.

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 198k trophies and 15 ER CF gave me 2 Legendary and 1 Epic 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Just for the record, I am not defending Hutch.  I just don’t believe in conspiracy theories on drop rates.  The two concepts are mutually exclusive.
    I have 198k trophies and 15 ER CF gave me 2 Legendary and 1 Epic 🤷🏼‍♂️
    So another long termer getting better than expected legendary drops, the theory of older players getting rubbish is looking unproven then.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    I don’t for the improved rates, but a new player can be lucky and pull a legendary quickly (as he start with no past drop).

older player have already some S, so they may need more time to wait before the next drop.
    edited August 29
    HeissRod said:
    Imagine buying a project car .... sinking a couple of grand in it ... but it still sucks .

Do you scrap it and lose everything you put in .... or hope one day it comes good 😒🤔
    edited August 29
    bobdylan said:
    HeissRod said:
    Imagine buying a project car .... sinking a couple of grand in it ... but it still sucks .

Do you scrap it and lose everything you put in .... or hope one day it comes good 😒🤔
    Is the car working against you, to ensure that it stays a terrible car?  That is what is being suggested here.  :D
    Would someone gain a ton money been dishonest  in such a way 

Dishonest ways are usually good at earning money.  What does that prove?
This discussion has been closed.