This is it

evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
@HeissRod was on point with one of his comments. Specifically the one asking why do we play this game. I've spent some time wondering about that one and decided that it's time to let this one go.

As much as I feel like it, I don't intend this post to be a negative rant about how the game has gone downhill. My enjoyment certainly has, but one does not necessarily equal the other.

I'm past the point of three years now. I've had a lot of fun playing the game and even more interacting with the community (my boys know who I'm talking about and they know I'm leaving). TD is a simple, great concept that kept me engaged for all this time. We all complain (and a lot of legitimate concerns are constantly being raised) and I could make an essay about big and small things I don't currently like, but in the end Hutch is doing something right if they can keep a player around for years. I appreciate the changes they made to the game, in past 12 months especially a lot of positive changes were made. I imagine there's a lot more content and functionality that can still be included and as such a lot of stuff to do for the future players.

Keeping up, unfortunately, became way too demanding for me. You need to spend a very significant amount of time to make sure your garage is still competitive (just check the app usage stats on your phone, you'll be terrified). ER was particularly difficult for me in this regard. Having spent months leading up to the update saving up cash and gold (70 ceramics, 12 ER CFs, both elite packs), running into the first final of the update with 3 maxed epics I hit an immovable wall of legends on drags. All of the resources spent for nothing, spykers will never have their own final, completely unprepared for other brands and a prospect of preparing for another update again...no. I've come to realize that keeping up takes way too much of my time, and without spending it I'd have to resign myself to t3/t4 which is rather pointless.

I've already given personal thanks to people I played with and talked to most, but I would also like to include thanks to
- @TopDrives40778 (who I agree with), @HeissRod and @mikes for the massive work they put into car corrections
- @Hutch_Dmitri for being a breath of fresh air on the field of communication, we've been asking for someone like you for a very long time.
- @Hutch_Tim and @Hutch_Robin for all of the input they've given us over the years and (legitimate and illegitimate) complaints they had to face without losing it.

It's been a fun ride guys. I hope yours will continue to be fun.

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ceratinly don't like the fact that you're leaving, just the way you're doing it. The time will come for all of us.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also passed the three year mark last week, so I can appreciate the dedication taken until now.  Good luck in moving on (and staying away). 👍
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best @evilprofesseur, you've chosen the healthier option for sure. And thanks for your contribution to this forum 🙂
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best sir
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sad to see you leave, wish you all the best! 
  • MoogMoog Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭
    I've come out of semi-retirement just to write this post. 
    @evilprofesseur, I wish you all the best, it's been a joy racing with you, chatting and so on. I hope to meet you in another car game sometime.
    Racing is everything, anything that happens before and after is just waiting.

• D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    Keeping up, unfortunately, became way too demanding for me. You need to spend a very significant amount of time to make sure your garage is still competitive (just check the app usage stats on your phone, you'll be terrified).
    not just time but also a decent amount of cash...I reached the point where im slowing down as well and put my money on other games. the frustration is growing, spending 300 bucks a month and not having pulled a leg. since april is enough.
    might follow your steps in a few months as well...as much as I like the events and compettions etc. but those pack odds just arent worth it.
    anyway, farewell man!
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @evilprofesseur - Not so evil after all

Your post was sad to see but a breath of fresh air in recent days.  Enjoy your newfound free time and I agree with your decision  :)
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭
    I've also been around for 3 years, and I have really pulled back my play time, since my progress wasn't really reflecting the time I put in. I completely understand your sentiment, as I took a month off right around the release of GX. I don't plan on leaving, but I sure am doing the T3/4 dance in most events, just enjoying building my collection of B classes really, which is certainly not for everyone. Ultimately, it's all a couple of bytes in a database...

In any case, goodbye friend, you will be sorely missed. Best of luck with your future endeavors!
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2
    Sad to see you go! Always fun to chat and play with, top man.
    You can still do the @TD42792 if you havent sold off yet. ;) ...
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see you go! Always fun to chat and play with, top man.
    You can still do the @TD42792 if you havent sold off yet. ;) ...
    It works too... never pulled so many legendaries