Around the World Challenge Series

Comments

• XA2XA2 Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Im in the same situation, any clue if the acadia 969 beats the acadia 996 on the challenge? It is my only option...
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4
    Anzatoro said:
    TD42792 said:
    Anzatoro said:
    cheminee said:

This was my hand for the last round.

Never tought I would even win the infinity. Untill I pulled the red cayman. 
    In the end I fused 12 URs for the cayman (366) and bentley (366) so it wasn't really expensive for a f2p player like me. Dont know if I fused too much cars but I just wanted to be sure.
    how is the yellow cayman fused in order to win?
    also, did you need to upgrade the yellow lotus once in order to win?
    i got almost same hand except i dont have the bentley, i have to fully upgrade the denali...

(btw does 969 denali beat the 996 denali on that track?)
    Yellow rq77 lotus wins at 333 for races 1, 3 and 5.
    I believe it needs one upgrade to beat the acadia on race 4.

Yellow cayman 969 wins race 5, I believe it also wins as 699 if I understood other posts right.
    Do you know anything about acadia vs acadia? cause thats my biggest problem, does it win at 969?
    I saw someone make a farm hand with the 969 Acadia against the 996 Acadia and the 969 Acadia wins
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    cheminee said:

This was my hand for the last round.

Never tought I would even win the infinity. Untill I pulled the red cayman. 
    In the end I fused 12 URs for the cayman (366) and bentley (366) so it wasn't really expensive for a f2p player like me. Dont know if I fused too much cars but I just wanted to be sure.
    The Bentley Bentayga needs two upgrades to win Race 4? It seems I either need to upgrade the Bentayga or a Cayman GT4 (RQ72 Prize car). The GT4 just needs one upgrade to win race 1 it seems, but I never use that car, so I'd rather not...
    I tried 336 bentley but that didnt win. 366 did the trick on round 4.
  • PashaPasha Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    Did not expect to complete the challenge with this hand.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    Rawel said:
    So here we go, after trying everything else I'm maxing the acadia, it better win that race at 969. See you in 30 hours. And btw maxing a car I owned for 480 days with 0 races feels wrong
    I am in the same position. I have to commit 15 Ultras to win a Legendary. Normally I would be fine with that, but I this time it is frustrating as I have not even taken the Acadia from stock yet, 0 races in 480 days (guessing it was a prize) and I doubt I will really use after this event either.
    I was very lucky and I pulled a yellow cayman from the round 21 cf to beat race5
    However as you and some other people, I have to throw away 15 UR to fully upgrade acadia.
    Does 969 win over the 996(?) one in race4?

969 beats 996.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

Round 23, pagani round. Not my screen, but somehow someone managed 5 Pugs already :).

Which cars could beat Race 3 for last round?

Nothing below than Epic in 4WD ALL I guess? (I have Aspen, Tribeca, Tahoe, Murano in UR)

RQ63 Mulsanne no?
    Can the yellow Cayman (RQ60) do it maybe? If yes in 9-6-9?
    Good news (especially for me): the blue Evora (RQ73) at 3.3.6 is enough to beat the Denali.

So I maybe have a chance...

I "just" need:
    - RQ63 Mulsanne Speed of 2019 to be able to beat Race 1
    - RQ60 yellow Cayman to be able to beat Race 3

If anyone can tell me or has the times for these tracks with those maxed cars (9.6.9 preferably). :)
    So that I would not "waste" 18 Rares at once.

• StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited September 5
    This time the challenge was really difficult for me. No complaints though, didn't have a strong collection to start with, and none of the CFs and premiums from challenge and events dropped a single useful/crucial car.
    But the events and the difficulty level of the challenge itself were good IMHO. Tracksets were interesting, LOVED the relatively low RQ restriction, lots of different hands worked. Thank you @Hutch_Robin.
    In general, the temporary tags and these events/challenges are a really nice addition to the game. Encourages a wide collection of cars and allows otherwise unused cars to shine. Will be waiting for the next one.
  • OCTheEagleOCTheEagle Posts: 11
    Cant beat the last round but loved this event. Great job Hutch.
  • RawelRawel Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Good news (especially for me): the blue Evora (RQ73) at 3.3.6 is enough to beat the Denali.

I "just" need:

If anyone can tell me or has the times for these tracks with those maxed cars (9.6.9 preferably). :)

It's not that exact bentley, but it's close, maybe even identical

• ErilixErilix Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Guys I need a bit of help here (even if I think I know the answer.
    Here are my cars for last round. 2nd yellow Cayman is fusing to be 699 so it beats 1st track, and the 969 will beat 5th track. Malibu for slalom. Then, track 3 and 4...
    I know Bentayga can beat 3rd at 333, but do any of my other cars does ? I don’t really want to max the Acadia and I rather put 2 or 3 fuses in Bentayga so it can beat 4th track !
    Thanks 😁

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite interested to know how many fuses does the Acadia require to beat round 3, too.
    edited September 5
    Rawel said:
    Yama_san said:

I "just" need:

It's not that exact bentley, but it's close, maybe even identical

Thanks.

Damn, I thought someone said the Bentley was winning against the red Evora in a previous post, misread. :(
    (yes the other RQ63 one is identical, maybe even a bit less of MRA)

So close. :(:(
    Post edited by Yama_san on
    kaje73 said:
    Does anyone know if the Blue Evora rq73 beats the Acadia on race 4 of the last round, and if so, whats the minimum tune needed?

Didn't see your post but I just answered later. Yes mine is 3.3.6 and it won by an inch.
  • hoschhosch Posts: 55
    Two things I did not spot so far. 
    The GMC Yukon RQ66 on race three, does it matter how it is maxed? 996 or 969? 
    Does the Porsche Cayman 2012 RQ60 ein Race 1 or 5 also 969, or only 699?
    Any help much appreciated, would be my first Legendary price car!
    I think the Yukon do win regardless the tune, if i'm wrong do correct me because I don't own a single yukon.

For yellow Cayman, 323 don't win race 1, but 233 does. also it wins in race 3 and 5 regardless of the tune. again correct me if i'm wrong because i only own a 323 version
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    Yes that is correct.

233 will win both race 1 and race 5, 323 will only win race 5.

By the way, i have to really praise Hutch about this challenge. It is one of most perfectly balanced challenges/events since i'm playing and it has been around 760 days.

Silver screen one was a disaster, they made it with too many drags so you needed specific combo of cars to win it. Call of the wild was good but i would maybe even consider it bit too easy. Based on what i see from events, i would say that there are at least 4 times more McLarens than Astons floating around.

This one was spot on for me. Couple of bit harder rounds earlier like round 11 and challenging but passable last few rounds. You didn't need something crazy like 5 epics, 1 race was even possible with a rare, 2 were possible with ultras if you had Cayman and whole variety of epics worked on other 2.
  • RawelRawel Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going a little back, but that's still related to the challenge - pontiac g8 gxp is better at 699

I liked this challenge (even with the frustration of being just a few hundredths short from the Pagani), but was fun to play and pass the rounds especially because I already had the Montecarlo and the blue Evora.
    It's always a bit the same story, better to already have the good garage with some key cars than to expect any miracle from the packs.

One more good thing though: that we were not obliged to upgrade the 5 Peugeot (just at 3.3.3). Even if I did a bit in advance, it's a bit better like that, otherwise it doesn't add much interest.
  • Everyone is talking about how the yellow cayman wins 1 and 5. It also wins 3. Blue evora at 336 wins VS the GMC too. 
    now that's a lot of yellow caymans
  • hoschhosch Posts: 55
    I had to max two and I am curious if one or even two will ever be of any Helprin the future. But well, I want that Pagani. 
  • NicooooooNicoooooo Posts: 27

Got the Pagani after all. 

A great challenge this one, well designed. 
    Obviously easier and less restrictive as the Silver Screen one, of which I didn't even win the Bulldog. 
    And slightly harder at the top end than the Call of the wild, but that's a good thing, otherwise everybody would have gotten the prize car, thus making it useless.
    So congrats to Hutch for that challenge, you nailed it. 

As F2P it is always a satisfaction to win a prize car, especially a legendary one. 
    I didn't think I would've gone this far considering my ATW garage, I even thought I wouldn't get the G8 (which was one of my most wanted prize car). 

Even though I had to sacrifice some gold (2 carbon including the offer one) that I was saving for (most likely) black Friday 5x carbon offers and 160 slots right after it, I don't regret it because the 3 free carbon packs + the offer one, weren't good enough to help me win the last stage (Tribeca, Green Cayman, 2x Mulsanne).
    So I got the Acadia, that I needed to max to beat the Acadia, but as I didn't have that much ultra food, I had to sacrifice some ultra. Fortunately, I keep nearly all different ultra so that it didn't have that much impact on my garage, some of them I can get back with renown. 
    I was lucky enough to pull another yellow cayman in a ceramic 10x too (which also gave me a murcielago roadster), I needed it to beat the first evora.
    So if you have a good strategy on the game, and a bit of time too (I'm approaching 3 years of playing the game), you can win incredible rewards. A bit of luck is needed too, I admit. 

I'm now happy to get my 25th legendary car, my 2nd Pagani. 
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    Very good challenge indeed !

Really love them !

When is the next one ? :D two months no ?

I will wide my collection even further... Just in case 
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Good challenge. I had no chances at pagani, my only atw epic is the yukon and i pulled nothing better than B in all atw packs. But hey, i didn't even expected to get the infiniti and in the end i only gave up at final round! 
    It was a well balanced event, I hope it's a good sign for the future
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Great challenge. I did not get the Pagani, I was one round out and couldn't get the one missing car I needed. Despite clearing 480 spaces up in my garage of both maxed and stock cars I was only able to pull a green Cayman, which was not the right one for the last round.  

More like this please, especially as we can take it at our own pace and not need to play at the crunch hour. I have lost CF's and a couple premiums this week due to timezones so challenges like this couldn't come frequently enough!
  • MoogMoog Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyable challenge! When the ATW tag was released I checked my garage and it looked ok, (1S, 3A. 11B). I had to max a couple in the mid-range for the early rounds as predicted, the later rounds were ok with just a couple of fuses to an Epic.
    What gave me palpitations was collecting the 5 Peugeots. I don't play that much any more, and I got the first two easily, then forgot to enter one event with the different end time. Had a poor garage for another and finished just outside of the top 50. Going into the last event, I only had 4 Peugeots so it was a little nail biting considering I thought I had a good chance at the Pagani in the single player events.
    Made it in the end though, after 3 years of playing, it's my first Pagani.