Skip to content

Around the World Challenge Series

1235»

Comments

• willcf15willcf15 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add my voice saying that this challenge was very well designed. Effort and skill were rewarded, which is what I like to see. My garage is going to need some serious time to recover (fused almost 30 C classes!), but I feel very satisfied with the fact that I was able to get the pagani with two epics and a variety of maxed B classes.
  • alpashkalpashk Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    Here is the other side of the event, didn't have anything above C before the events (because hutch decided not to put the tag on the caymans that i had), didn't get anything useful from the challenges, only got the pontiac. I think it would be curious to have an event without thhe special tag restrictions.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    alpashk said:
    Here is the other side of the event, didn't have anything above C before the events (because hutch decided not to put the tag on the caymans that i had), didn't get anything useful from the challenges, only got the pontiac. I think it would be curious to have an event without thhe special tag restrictions.
    Sure but how long have you been playing? How many cars total do you have?

I think it's pretty clear that these tag challenges do reward long-term and serious players more than newer ones. And from what I gather from my group of TD friends and most players who comment on these forums, the majority of long-term players had a better start than it sounds like you had.

I didn't struggle with this challenge. Hell, I didn't even need to upgrade anything, but last time round when the reward was the McLaren F1 GTR, I didn't make it, even with a 2.5 year old garage. You win some, you lose some. A challenge is a challenge, not guaranteed.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    alpashk said:

I think it's pretty clear that these tag challenges do reward long-term and serious players more than newer ones. And from what I gather from my group of TD friends and most players who comment on these forums, the majority of long-term players had a better start than it sounds like you had.

I didn't struggle with this challenge. Hell, I didn't even need to upgrade anything, but last time round when the reward was the McLaren F1 GTR, I didn't make it, even with a 2.5 year old garage. You win some, you lose some. A challenge is a challenge, not guaranteed.
    Agreed.  Even with an established garage, you don't make them all.  I missed out on the One-77, but was able to get the McLaren and this Pagani.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    Agreed too,

I bet you have the high RQ Cayman too, and the aim of the challenge is for the no used card/car to shine.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    alpashk said:

Agreed.  Even with an established garage, you don't make them all.  I missed out on the One-77, but was able to get the McLaren and this Pagani.
    I got the one77 and the short tail. Missed out on the pagani.

I would like to urge some double and triple checking of cars though. The Cayman that didn't receive the tag, amongst some other cars as well shows there are areas for improvement, but this style of event is very welcome.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    it is not "all cars that fit under this tag" tho

cars are handpicked and challenge is then set up according to cars that are avalible
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Correct. They have to "balance" the event a little bit to make it challenging. Historically this means Hutch selecting cars that aren't typically used or upgraded (respectfully for business purposes). 

A simple example is during the Call of the Wild event - can't have every Jag with the tag. 
  • NicooooooNicoooooo Posts: 34
    Ozzman said:
    Nicoooooo said:

Is anything doable for the last round?
    Does the green cayman (if maxed) beat any of the evora on dry?
    And is a second malibu enough to beat the Acadia? 
    Sadly the green Cayman is useless there. It seems like you're two cars short of winning. The yellow Cayman is good for race5 (699 would be good for race1, but yours is 969), the epic Yukon for race3 and the Malibu for race2. You don't seem to have anything for race1 and race 4. I don't think a second Malibu would beat the Denali either.

Thanks for the info, I only have to hope getting good cars out of the two last ceramics then... Maybe buying another carbon but at the same time I'm saving for Black Friday's 5x Carbon deals.
    Ahh, if only the Cayenne could've gotten the tag as it seemed more obvious to me than other cars, maybe I would've had a chance