PL12 Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Im not so sure if deleting posts and banning users is the way to go in this discussion. (...)

One thing for sure, that (poor) way of doing and disdain towards some long-term players will not encourage me to spend any more money into the game.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    Just because a player is upset doesn't make them immune from the repercussions of behaving like a child and breaking forum rules. (Why is this action considered "cool"?)  From what I saw, I assume Chris was banned because he deliberately bypassed the forum's swear filter (and it was most likely not the first time he was warned against doing something like this).  Maybe instead of advocating for the users who exhibit behavior like this, you should take a moment to understand that they possibly did something wrong to deserve the punishment.

I hate seeing Andreas banned, and I missed what caused it, but it seems like he did it on purpose for no real good reason except to "rebel against Hutch"(?).
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 816 ✭✭✭
    jonnyrace said:
    mario_m said:

Same problem.. same bug.. and I’ve talk to my internet provider all is working 😉
    I get this every time i try to play club events, and hope the coders fix it soon.
    Is there a way to avoid this,as restarting the app is frustration.

No they will not, this was the communication from Hutch_Dmitri, with some precisions from Hutch_(need edit)

We did not complain enough. 

The only things i don't understand, is that some people at Hutch do play the games (looking at @Hutch_Tim). Do they version is bug free ? If yes, then can they share how they are playing ? (Hardware etc)

edited September 15
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Just because a player is upset doesn't make them immune from the repercussions of behaving like a child and breaking forum rules. (Why is this action considered "cool"?)  From what I saw, I assume Chris was banned because he deliberately bypassed the forum's swear filter (and it was most likely not the first time he was warned against doing something like this).  Maybe instead of advocating for the users who exhibit behavior like this, you should take a moment to understand that they possibly did something wrong to deserve the punishment.

I hate seeing Andreas banned, and I missed what caused it, but it seems like he did it on purpose for no real good reason except to "rebel against Hutch"(?).
    The thing is, if Hutch acknowledged the issues in their game, apologized for them, gave compensation (even if small) and gave an outline of current work for solutions - basically what ANY company in the world would do - people would not loose their mind.
    So I blame Hutch for people being banned, not the paying customers who just could not stand this level of disdain and insult any more.
    Yes, I agree that Hutch does not communicate enough with the player base here anymore.  The roadmap was a good start on getting back to that, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside was well.  Although, even when this is somewhat done, Hutch receives flak for it.  Think of when Dmitri made announcements about the Elite packs.  He acknowledged the issue and apologized for it.  The users didn't care.  The users on this forum still vilified him.  Some of the users here will never be happy with anything that Hutch does; and they revel in repeatedly pointing out those issues or constantly beating a dead horse with the same (non-humorous) sarcastic remarks.

However, blaming Hutch for users not being in control of their actions, to behave like responsible human beings?  There is so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to start.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
    I agree with most of what you explain....except for the point about players not responsible for their own actions.  I'll circle back to my original post above; there was a legitimate reason for some of these people to get banned and having their comments deleted.  Throwing a virtual fit and having a bunch of people chant for their release is stupid.  The user broke a rule and now they have to "do the time".  It is possible for someone to be upset and convey that, without purposefully going around forum filters.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    HeissRod said:
    I agree with most of what you explain....except for the point about players not responsible for their own actions.  I'll circle back to my original post above; there was a legitimate reason for some of these people to get banned and having their comments deleted.  Throwing a virtual fit and having a bunch of people chant for their release is stupid.  The user broke a rule and now they have to "do the time".  It is possible for someone to be upset and convey that, without purposefully going around forum filters.
    I agree people are responsible for their actions, and some clearly violated the rules of the forum. So yeah some of them should expect to be banned.

But they are the symptom, not the cause of the issues.

edit: seems the ban hammer has been used with quite a degree of liberty lately, did every single one of these really deserve a ban?
    Post edited by TD42792 on
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    I agree people are responsible for their actions, and they clearly violated the rules of the forum. So yeah they should expect to be banned.
    That is all I was saying in the post above, yet people can't see past the fact that someone was banned.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I missed any posts in this thread that got deleted but from what I saw Andreas didn't deserve to get banned. 

Deliberately bypassing the swear filter would be something I'd discourage, but as 42792 said, it's more symptomatic of other underlying causes.  As you said @HeissRod that isn't really enough of an excuse, but you can't hold customers to the same standard as a company. A Business needs to be professional, a user could literally be a child, who expectedly would naturally exhibit childish behaviours. 

This is a really expensive game for some and so if the product isn't delivering as it should there will be complaints. This latest update has tipped people past their breaking point hence the strong backlash. 
    I never see in a forum, admin deleting post without an explanation.

There is always one which is fair.

But symptomatic of Hutch, no communication.

I know that they did go around the swear protection and maybe other problem. But what trigger it or else ?
    Where I am compared to them? I don't know and I may cross the line without knowing.

Like saying this looks like amateurish to not be able to roll back to the previous code, creating a form impossible to fill and after saying no report so no correction needed.
    Is this crossing the line ? There is my personal opinion in it.
    Here are facts
    The previous versions was less bugged.
    The form to fill for error request our id number which is hard to enter. And not allowing screenshot which would be easier on our side. (But harder on Hutch side)
    And finally claiming that there is less report when anyone can record a video to find a bug (new to PL12) in less than a minute.

Also, why not explaining why our internet connection are bad. When it does happens on everyone phone (nobody said : I don't have any problems). You can't end a communication like that.

For some background, I work for a software company. We can have bug that the quality missed.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I also wonder what Andreas did to deserve a ban. I didn't see any of his posts violate any rules. It would be useful to know what actions can lead to a ban, because right now it seems like sarcasm and rightful criticism is enough. But if that's the case then there really is no point in having this forum.
    Reading previous comments it seems that his ban was for intentionally bypassing the swear filter, that post was subsequently removed.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    Ozzman said:
    I also wonder what Andreas did to deserve a ban. I didn't see any of his posts violate any rules. It would be useful to know what actions can lead to a ban, because right now it seems like sarcasm and rightful criticism is enough. But if that's the case then there really is no point in having this forum.
    Reading previous comments it seems that his ban was for intentionally bypassing the swear filter, that post was subsequently removed.
    Nope, Andreas did not do anything like that.
    Post edited by Ozzman on
    Ozzman said:
    Ozzman said:
    Nope, that was Chris I believe.
    Yeah, could @Hutch_Dmitri or @Hutch_Gsearch explain what got andreas banned exactly?
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I leave the forum to avoid getting banned ? I am not against banning for a reason but Andreas did nothing wrong to get a ban, an old player complaining because of the game full of bugs, we all spend in this game and should atleast get some space to complain (with respect) and Andreas did not break any rules, you have to explain why an old long term player got a ban without a reason or just unban him!

#FreeAndreas ❤️
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    #FreeAndreas

why he was banned? 
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,595 admin
    TD42792 said:

Yeah, could @Hutch_Dmitri or @Hutch_Gsearch explain what got andreas banned exactly?
    I would not discuss that in the open forum, even if I wanted to.    With that said, I understand that the actions causing the ban were not from this thread.

• jonnyracejonnyrace Posts: 8
    Hello, im new here at forum, yesterday i posted about bugs in the game. After reading about banning i now fear to get banned too? I don't understand, should player's report bugs or will this get them banned?  What are reasons to get banned?
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    jonnyrace said:
    Hello, im new here at forum, yesterday i posted about bugs in the game. After reading about banning i now fear to get banned too? I don't understand, should player's report bugs or will this get them banned?  What are reasons to get banned?
    Like always, language. Why would you fear to be banned for reporting bugs, if that is game developer created thread? No drama please.
  • jonnyracejonnyrace Posts: 8
    REALAIS said:
    jonnyrace said:
    Like always, language. Why would you fear to be banned for reporting bugs, if that is game developer created thread? No drama please.
    Ok thank you,ofcourse i answer in english language, other gets me banned?

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    jonnyrace said:
    REALAIS said:
    jonnyrace said:
    Ok thank you,ofcourse i answer in english language, other gets me banned?

Oh, I will expend previous answer, bad language. If you didnt understand before then you are safe, you probably dont use bad language in first place.
    TD42792 said:

I would not discuss that in the open forum, even if I wanted to.    With that said, I understand that the actions causing the ban were not from this thread.

I dont think you should ban a long standing respected member of the forum without at least some sort of explanation.
    @Hutch_Gsearch Rules from the forum ? Or privacy problem (PM) ?
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,595 admin
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:

I dont think you should ban a long standing respected member of the forum without at least some sort of explanation.

I don't think you understand.  Regardless of who gets banned or why, we are not discussing that with other users.  That is between Hutch and the user.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    @Hutch_Gsearch Rules from the forum ? Or privacy problem (PM) ?
    I thought about this yesterday and was trying to find the Forum Rules/Code of Conduct. In seeing all of these posts, I went on a search for what the Forum Rules were. This was the only post I could find and honestly, it was hard to find.

https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/2093/code-of-conduct
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the post and I can assure you it was for good reason.  Out of respect for the moderators here, I will not discuss the contents, but I was shocked Andreas posted it and would have banned him in a heartbeat if I would have had to make the decision myself.
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:

I don't think you understand.  Regardless of who gets banned or why, we are not discussing that with other users.  That is between Hutch and the user.
    Sorry but why? Does this have legal implications of some sort that I cannot imagine?

You do realise that by doing so you are alienating others. Which directly contradicts the whole point of having a forum in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.