Skip to content

24 Hours of Le Grand

2»

Comments

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right @BoxtaS, they tried to do sth out of the box which is cool and very appreciated. Thanks for that Hutchis!
    Nothing wrong with having some fun now, i dont think anyone is really mad about this, more entertained.
    Yeah we are entertained more than having this challenge good job hutch😅
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    24h, at least wake up twice this night! This would be stressful 24h. So its an easy Saturday afternoon. 
  • HOTwheels666HOTwheels666 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Time for Dimitri to get up and post the standard excuse for the inconvenience  B)
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Blue2moro deserves Carbon fiber and mention in next Top Drives show! 
  • HOTwheels666HOTwheels666 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited September 19
    Ah...nothing really going to watch 24 now.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, we had our laugh. Can we please start the challenge now?
  • Fl4shyNutzFl4shyNutz Posts: 2
    And its gone. Can we all have our 250k now please hutch?

I mean he said it ;)
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, we had our laugh. Can we please start the challenge now?
    Not until Hutch complete their own challenge 1st.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly feels like 2020 was a hutch release so far .

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    edited September 19
    Wake up normally at 17 min ago...

Saw the notifications, laugh, came to to forum, laugh

But thanks for waiting me ! 😘
    Post edited by AslanV on
  • RawelRawel Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this is the end for me

• rei348rei348 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:

You miss the UR std caddy STS... You can try with pontiac GXP against the taurus, it's rqd against 4wd but the track is pretty straight forward, so you may have a chance...
  • RawelRawel Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Rawel said:

You miss the UR std caddy STS... You can try with pontiac GXP against the taurus, it's rqd against 4wd but the track is pretty straight forward, so you may have a chance...

I tried the gxp and no luck there, but after trying pretty much every option i found out that charger scat pack wins the highway, so somehow I made it...
  • hoschhosch Posts: 56
    I did, again, fail at Saloons, but that is me having a week hand. 
    However I did like that event. It came out of nowhere and was fun. It just would be cool, to have one more step of reward on a little lower level instead all the biggies in the end. 
    Would have loved to see what would come next. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    As others have said, this was enjoyable.  Sure, we had some hiccups at the beginning, but it was overall fun.  

The only thing I would change was to make the tie-in to LeMans more apparent in the pre-event build up/announcement.  I found that a lot of players didn’t know that, so they didn’t understand the seemingly random Super Rare prize halfway through.  Some players also didn’t understand why it was also only 24 hours and required playing during sleeping hours (unless you bought tickets with gold).
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HeissRod could be copyright stuff? You know, we’re doing a 24 hour motor racing event this weekend but there’s no link to the other one going on in a legal sense wink wink 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BoxtaS Could very well be that.  It could also be people being .... well, people.  Some still don't understand why VW buses are involved in the upcoming arc challenge, even though Hutch has written it out in this forum and on the in-game forum announcements.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭
    The false start was another bug i this game, and we have already enough of those, but in the end it has been a very enjoyable event.
    And to whom that said you need to wake up in the night... I didn't. I just used up all my tickets before going to sleep and did the same when I woke. I was able to finish the event with the last hour ticket. Ok, I did not fail a single race, but it was possible :smile:  
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    I think it was a great event but the prizes seem a bit top heavy (and I say that as someone who completed it). Most the cash was the final 3 rounds and if you got that far you'd probably get it all. Not much for a garage that made it half way
  • 0171801718 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    As others have said, this was enjoyable.  Sure, we had some hiccups at the beginning, but it was overall fun.  

The only thing I would change was to make the tie-in to LeMans more apparent in the pre-event build up/announcement.  I found that a lot of players didn’t know that, so they didn’t understand the seemingly random Super Rare prize halfway through.  Some players also didn’t understand why it was also only 24 hours and required playing during sleeping hours (unless you bought tickets with gold).

Yeah if I hadn't picked up on the 24 hour race live broadcasts on TV I would not have noticed the relation. There is room to improve on the atmospheric parts of those events. In the smiley forum there was kind of a build up on it with NPCs (Leoni etc.) talking about it. I only noticed that yesterday, surely that was a nice touch. I also liked the part about it running for 24 hours and it felt a little hectic which surely resembles a day on the track. Perhaps different restrictions (Motorsport?) would have made sense. Maybe we can have some unlicensed track resembling the Le Mans one without naming it somewhen. I would really like more of those.

I think Hutch ist doing well in creating those unexpected events recently and somehow I have the feeling, that Dmitri is involved in the creation of those ideas. *thumbs up*

About the bug: Yeah this should not happen but noone really knows what has been going on, so I would not be to hard on the developers. They acknowledged the bug quickly and found a solution in a reasonable amount of time. What I found disagreeable was the community response. The smiley forum might be a place where immature responses are to be expected, but I didn't like the cynical responses and the taunting here either :-(.