Skip to content

GT-R Nismo - Owner's Challenge

O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 8 in General Discussion
So, @Hutch_Dmitri and @Hutch_Robin, last time I was in one of these owner's challenges, the prize was leaked and then changed to something less desirable (for me), all while I was asleep. I didn't get a chance to argue against the change that a few vocal forum members were asking for. In the end, I got a duplicate Legendary that isn't very useful.

Since we've seen the owner's challenge top prize changed after complaints several times now, in the interest of keeping things fair, can we PLEASE have the car announced early? Even one day early is enough.

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @O__VER I was one of the vocal ones on that (Dakar Owners) and I apologize for my part in that discussion.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    @O__VER I was one of the vocal ones on that (Dakar Owners) and I apologize for my part in that discussion.
    All good, I'm not blaming anyone. You guys argued for something that benefitted yourselves better – there was probably no solution that would keep all of us happy.

Hutch are the only ones that can ensure that if there is a discussion, it is done with plenty of time for everyone to have a fair involvement. That's all I ask for.
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 179 admin
    There is not much we can do on that right now, sadly. Since event design is very time-intensive, and the Tri-Series are more time-intensive than other events, we usually do not have the time to prepare both the owners challenge and the re-run at the same time, along with all other events. 

We do recognise however that is it fair for the players to know about the prize in advance, and we are hoping to be able to provide this information sooner as we improve live content creation process, although it's not likely to change in the short term.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate the complexity of building g the challenge is tough, surely the choosing of the prize car can be done straight away? Just throw the dart at the board a bit earlier in the day?
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, I think it just creates headaches and negativity in the community that Hutch doesn't necessarily want or care for. It puts Hutch in a situation where they have to make a choice - either tell people the owner's challenge reward and potentially have to change it (which may require making it a bit more difficult) because a lot of people get mad OR not tell us and have a few people frustrated they don't know what it is. Based on my observations, I have never seen the situation where everyone was rejoicing and posting about how much they love Hutch when the owners car was announced in advance.
    Kcray said:
    Based on my observations, I have never seen the situation where everyone was rejoicing and posting about how much they love Hutch when the owners car was announced in advance.
    IIRC, the Ariel Atom 3.5 was well received by potential owners for the Demon finals.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    As the owners' prize is a non-prize car, obviously there'll always be some players who already have it. Those players will not be happy. But that's ok. The problem is if the owners' prize is far inferior to the real tri-series prize car in every possible way, then almost all owners will get mad. So here's a third option, how about choosing a decent prize for the owners, announcing it in time, and then sticking to it?
  • r79r79 Posts: 32
    I don't know where the idea comes from that owner's challenge car MUST be of similar stats? Owners are getting chance to get another legendary that non owners will not. That is the bonus for owners for winning the tri-series before. That's good bonus itself and I don't particularly agree that it needs to be as good as tri-series price.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    Or a titanium pack ?
  • MoogMoog Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    Or a titanium pack ?
    Or two titanium packs...
    #TooSoon
    While I appreciate the complexity of building g the challenge is tough, surely the choosing of the prize car can be done straight away? Just throw the dart at the board a bit earlier in the day?
    This, basically. We're not asking to know all the ins and outs of the challenge. We just want to know what we're playing for. Perhaps Hutch can prioritise choosing the prize just a little earlier?

To echo what's been said many times, people in the finals know what they're playing for a week before they actually start the finals. This gives them a chance to build their garage and determine how hard they're going to go in the prelims and qualifiers. Owners don't get that same opportunity – it's play hard up until the challenge starts, because who knows what you might miss out on otherwise?

Likewise, there is less time to fuse a car once the challenge starts – in fact, maxing a Legendary for the challenge is pretty much impossible unless you skip fuses with gold.

It just would be nice to have the same kind of preparation time that non-owners get. That's all, and I think that would be rather easy for Hutch to do.
  • HOTwheels666HOTwheels666 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Price car is RQ92, there are, if Iam not wrong, 13 non price cars with the same RQ, choose one of them....done.Not that hard
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the ER legends above 90 and I’d be happy, would be a decent gesture from Hutch to award owners with cars from recent updates imo. 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price car is RQ92, there are, if Iam not wrong, 13 non price cars with the same RQ, choose one of them....done.Not that hard
    It's not done like that tho, the viper rerun was rq90 for the viper and rq88 for the owners challenge prize car Ruf
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the ER legends above 90 and I’d be happy, would be a decent gesture from Hutch to award owners with cars from recent updates imo. 
    Not a chance in hell they start giving away ER legends this soon after their release. How are they going to convince people to buy CFs if they’ve already got the ER legends? 
    Something rq90 like the Porsche 917 is my guess
    Not a chance in hell they start giving away ER legends this soon after their release. How are they going to convince people to buy CFs if they’ve already got the ER legends? 
    But people already have multiple ER legends, due to unlimited ROW ceramics...
    RUF R Turbo .... not bad, IMO
    Only 1 RQ lower and of comparable quality to the prize car being awarded currently.  I think they did a good job here. 

(Of note: I am not in the challenge :( )
    Yeah not terrible. RUFs don't see many outtings, but then neither does the Nismo GT-R so they probably got this bang on.
  • PaquaPaqua Posts: 40 ✭✭
    I wonder how much “fun” this owner challange will be
  • r79r79 Posts: 32
    1 RQ difference is nothing and I think RUF has much more use than Nismo....and it can be used on tri-series in the future when Nismo can't.
    It's much closer in comparison to the prize car than the junk they gave out in the viper gtsr event.
    Dustcollector, basically only useful in one event
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r79 said:
    1 RQ difference is nothing and I think RUF has much more use than Nismo....and it can be used on tri-series in the future when Nismo can't.
    I have both and the RUF gets nowhere near as much use as the Nismo. 

Dustcollector, basically only useful in one event
    Those end stats aren't great but it does have very good MRA, and the Nismo is a dust collector too.
    edited October 9
    That is right, the dustcollector tag is for both of them :D

And it is at risk for the next RUF destruction round
    And it is at risk for the next RUF destruction round
    There are no open corrections for this car
    Thst has never stopped Hutch,  check the rest of the Ruf Cars
    edited October 9
    The same could be said for any car  :)