Skip to content

So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Fook, really bad for those who didn’t pull the aston and tvr before they become legendary!!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So should the Aston & TVR forever be excluded from tri-series, in your opinions?
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    So should the Aston & TVR forever be excluded from tri-series, in your opinions?
    Yes atleast for the two upcoming updates
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    There’s no need to resort to reductio ad absurdum, I didn’t say that at all. I’m merely suggesting / hoping for a wider criteria. Like I said, I may be wrong, but 2/5 is a large advantage (that would only get larger if drags are involved)
    HeissRod said:
    There’s no need to resort to reductio ad absurdum, I didn’t say that at all. I’m merely suggesting / hoping for a wider criteria. Like I said, I may be wrong, but 2/5 is a large advantage (that would only get larger if drags are involved)
    I was just starting a discussion on the topic, since it comes up whenever they are used.  It's been 8 months since they moved rarity and I wondered how long people thought they should be excluded from events.  @LEGENDNADA gave a simple answer and that's all I was curious about.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    I was just starting a discussion on the topic, since it comes up whenever they are used.  It's been 8 months since they moved rarity and I wondered how long people thought they should be excluded from events.  @LEGENDNADA gave a simple answer and that's all I was curious about.
    I don’t think they should be banned, I would just hope Hutch recognise that when then make a decision to move so many cars E-L so quickly, it has a big effect. They check available cars when selecting a finals criteria, and if it were me, seeing those 2 would make me think twice. (Again, all assumptions!). Let’s also point out that there are only 2 GE2000’s below SR, so hopefully the criteria is wider than in my head 🙂
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Let’s also point out that there are only 2 GE2000’s below SR, so hopefully the criteria is wider than in my head 🙂
    Oooh.  Good point on that.  Could make it harder for the casual player to join, which means the brackets might be more difficult.
  • binnerbinner Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RUF RTR 2016 Rq98 it is then

Rq98 for now. Until it's mra gets nerfed like all other ruf's
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In any case, it’s pretty ridiculous to give people such a huge advantage on a tri serie final just because they happened to have these cars before the update and maxed them.
    Fully agree with David F, if they widen the criteria then these cars are not so OP any more, they can be beaten by better legendaries at 333, especially in a tri series final without rq restriction.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Im puzzled how you know the finals criteria already. Could someone explain? 
    01718 said:
    On other sites, the Qualifiers screen has been "leaked".  People are looking at the packs and prize cars, to guess at the requirements.
    edited October 15
    As @David_Fook mentioned, and if it’s a correct prediction, the pool of cars for this finals is really low! 

On the plus side for some people, this will make the legendary Atoms key.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    The Atom from the owner challenger ?

Is there any others combination ?
    I mean the D is a FWD/STD car, which has 5 seat if we compare to the top reward (2 seat, rwd, per)

All of them as gas, 2000 ich  (2002 -2009) GE cars. Only things in common. :/

If 2000s UK cars, you have the famous superlight too. 
    AslanV said:
    The Atom from the owner challenger ?
    No, that one is 2013.
    I just want to add that the pack a GE, so no chance of UK Cars :)

After, this may be gas only GE x)
    Well have to see what the packs say, but if they included 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s it’s a better looking pool of cars 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:
    On other sites, the Qualifiers screen has been "leaked".  People are looking at the packs and prize cars, to guess at the requirements.

Thanks, feeling dumb now because this is what I should have known already ^^.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭
    DO you think this ruf has crazy, CRAZY, high mra? Compared to veyron rq97, it is:
    -  35mph lower top speed
    - 0.4 slower on 0-60 
    - -1 grip 
    - both 4wd perf tyres
    Despite this... +1 rq. Only viewable data it has better than veyron is the weight, -398kg...
  • r79r79 Posts: 32
    current data looks almost correct, slight difference on 0-60mph of 0.1 sec

https://www.auto-data.net/en/ruf-rtr-3.8-802hp-32873

• r79r79 Posts: 32
    could not find anywhere on internet a info about 0-100mph time
    01718 said:
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:

Thanks, feeling dumb now because this is what I should have known already ^^.

Facebook Too drives is very useful for that. But the group is ... Well let's say that someone can ask the same question 5 times.

If you speak French, the Francophonie one is organized (so people call it a dictature) but you can find a bunch of information using the search.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    you the man @Hutch_Tim
    Thank you for the comparisons
  • Automotive_GamingAutomotive_Gaming Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    I’m Calling it now next prize is the Vulcan. It’s listed under one of the new tags but it hasn’t been given out yet which means unless its given out then no one will have it so doesn’t matter if it has the tag. The evora gt2 didn’t have the ATW tag because it hadn’t been given out and therefore didn’t need it so the Vulcan is gonna be the next prize car? I think so
    edited October 20
    @Hutch_Tim is there not a way you could turn off the retune feature during tri-series? If that’s your main blocker to giving us more time

also a load of varied quick fire events like you did with the rq rebalance would give us a good opportunity to test
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20
    Hutch_Tim said:
    The length of time we allow the retune is a very worthy point of debate. Too short and it's a big ask for the longer term players to figure out how/if to change everything (I have 661 maxed cars myself); too short and I'm pretty sure people will get fed up encountering T1 final players they could beat changing their tunes on the last day of the event. I personally like the sound of 1 month, but we'll have to see.
    It is not the question of the time period available for retune, but for the information, needed for correct tune identification.

I would propose to think about the approach below:

1) As you already have all tunes results, you can provide this data for player base. This data must be relative, but not obsolete numbers. So you can just know which tune is faster or slower, but cannot compare different cars between each others.
    This approach does not reveal all timings, but shares relative performance information between tunes.
    I think it would be enough to have 996, 969, 699 results in a form like 1,2,3rd place on given track in given conditions.

2) As everyone EQUALLY has access to performance relative data, there is no point to time limit tunes. Eventually it falls to whether your tune is good in general, or rocks specific event.
    So it is up to player, what tune to choose: one time shot and useless later, or overall general better.

To avoid situation, when I am lucky to already have say overall correct tune after update, and then can adjust it to specific events - all full upgrades can be reset to 000. So the player has to choose the tune, before using the car.

Of course, exact details should be tuned based on the implementation details, but overall approach is based on:
    - equal and available relative performance data for all players
    - retune is available one time after physics change
    - the car is not allowed into events, unless it has been retuned after update

• KcrayKcray Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    The length of time we allow the retune is a very worthy point of debate. Too short and it's a big ask for the longer term players to figure out how/if to change everything (I have 661 maxed cars myself); too short and I'm pretty sure people will get fed up encountering T1 final players they could beat changing their tunes on the last day of the event. I personally like the sound of 1 month, but we'll have to see.
    It is not the question of the time period available for retune, but for the information, needed for correct tune identification.

I would propose to think about the approach below:

1) As you already have all tunes results, you can provide this data for player base. This data must be relative, but not obsolete numbers. So you can just know which tune is faster or slower, but cannot compare different cars between each others.
    This approach does not reveal all timings, but shares relative performance information between tunes.
    I think it would be enough to have 996, 969, 699 results in a form like 1,2,3rd place on given track in given conditions.

2) As everyone EQUALLY has access to performance relative data, there is no point to time limit tunes. Eventually it falls to whether your tune is good in general, or rocks specific event.
    So it is up to player, what tune to choose: one time shot and useless later, or overall general better.

To avoid situation, when I am lucky to already have say overall correct tune after update, and then can adjust it to specific events - all full upgrades can be reset to 000. So the player has to choose the tune, before using the car.

Of course, exact details should be tuned based on the implementation details, but overall approach is based on:
    - equal and available relative performance data for all players
    - retune is available one time after physics change
    - the car is not allowed into events, unless it has been retuned after update

I respectfully disagree with what you are proposing. There are people that spend time on the game to log times, and tune cars differently to gain a slight advantage. In my opinion, often this is the difference between T1 and T2.
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    There are people that spend time on the game to log times, and tune cars differently to gain a slight advantage. In my opinion, often this is the difference between T1 and T2.
    Could you please explain for me, how you can get times for tuned cars before tuning them and measuring?
    Ruvla said:
    Kcray said:
    There are people that spend time on the game to log times, and tune cars differently to gain a slight advantage. In my opinion, often this is the difference between T1 and T2.
    Could you please explain for me, how you can get times for tuned cars before tuning them and measuring?
    Watch opponents, collaborate with the community, etc