Skip to content

So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

Comments

• RuvlaRuvla Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Ruvla said:
    Could you please explain for me, how you can get times for tuned cars before tuning them and measuring?
    Watch opponents, collaborate with the community, etc
    In other words, someone should upgrade the tune and post the times, right?
    I cannot get here, where in that case personal effort is, that should be awarded. Just searching communities and forums? This is dull work. And what about those people, who post those times?

What I propose is just sharing information to everyone interested and putting everyone into same conditions. That seems fair to me.

This approach eliminates only advantage of those players, who have duplicates and can afford having all tunes, over those who have 1 version in specific tune. But I would have a look at person having duplicate S in different tunes. :)

• KcrayKcray Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Kcray said:
    There are people that spend time on the game to log times, and tune cars differently to gain a slight advantage. In my opinion, often this is the difference between T1 and T2.
    Could you please explain for me, how you can get times for tuned cars before tuning them and measuring?
    A simple example is to follow topdrivesworld on Instagram
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ruvla said:
    Watch opponents, collaborate with the community, etc
    In other words, someone should upgrade the tune and post the times, right?
    I cannot get here, where in that case personal effort is, that should be awarded. Just searching communities and forums? This is dull work. And what about those people, who post those times?

What I propose is just sharing information to everyone interested and putting everyone into same conditions. That seems fair to me.

This approach eliminates only advantage of those players, who have duplicates and can afford having all tunes, over those who have 1 version in specific tune. But I would have a look at person having duplicate S in different tunes. :)

You’re massively over-simplifying it. You’re assuming that each car will have one “best” tune, but in reality it depends on the tracks, and even then different tracks will have different best tunes for different cars. It’s the beauty of the game. 

What Tim wants to avoid (quite rightly) is people being able to switch to the best tune for a given finals; which may be niche and not the “best” tune (Think Santa Monica streets, or epic rwd perf tyres on wet etc)
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fwiw (not much), I think this is going one big headache no matter which way it goes
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20

• r79r79 Posts: 32
    thanks @Hutch_Tim for the numbers above. I kinda hoped Vulcan would have better MRA.....
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These comparisons are always fun to read.  Thanks for posting them.
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Seems like next prize car will be Continental GT3. And they release this right after they nerfed the other GT3 cars. Nice move Hutch. 
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no rerun?
    I miss the rerun :(
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aston martin prize car and bently prize car at the same week, don’t have enough money for both, they may change it to a rerun I think
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aston martin prize car and bently prize car at the same week, don’t have enough money for both, they may change it to a rerun I think
    ...or you change to plastic surgery. 
  • JayJay Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11
    Ouch. This post made it to page 2...
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking we're due an epic so hopefully the Volvo BTCC, but probably not.
    Maybe the BMW m4 procar or if it's a rerun then the Subaru 22b?
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    There is the chance no A anymore, with the regular temporary tag :)
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?

That your bet ? I see nothing on my phones 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopeful for a rerun of the Corvette Z06 or this

Both of those would basically be a normal triseries. If there’s more than 20 out there I’d be surprised.
    I was around for both initial events, but didn't win.  Looks like I pulled T2 for the Corvette event, but don't know about the TVR event.  Probably too new of a player.

P.S.  Of note, you could win prize cars back then with some halfway upgraded URs and even some fully maxed SRs in your hand. 
    edited November 12
    XL7...

And i saw mention of European Renaissance finale....
    edited November 12
    So glad I'm out of that final, if its ER
    1st time it'll be a re-run of a re-run.

You forgot the M3 GTS reruns in the very beginning  ;)
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Why would you re-run a re-run when you could re-run a non-re-run?
    @Hutch_Tim can we please have some communication on the owners prize before the inevitable leak-rage-moan cycle? This is arguably the best prize car in the game so owners will be expecting more than the Cayenne GTS last time.
    HeissRod said:

You forgot the M3 GTS reruns in the very beginning  ;)
    I forgot all about them, there's probably not that many players left that were around back in olden days lol