Something weird

MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Say you're really lucky and got both of these in a single ceramic pack
, Isn't it weird that with such similar stats , you'd need at least 15 ultra rares to upgrade one and 15 epics to upgrade the other ?....
I know RQ will be addressed in the next update maybe....
But all that's gonna do is up the RQ for most cars, so stuff like with would still happen for other cars.
I don't know what you guys think about the fusing costs/requirements
(I'm so bored I'm actually writing forum threads again -_- )

Comments

• IQover3000IQover3000 Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Mettiti wheres that discord add xD?
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti#9776
    lol sorry 
    im terrible with discord 
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I think the reality is that they have to draw the line somewhere. Unless Hutch totally overhauled their system to require, say, different fuse requirements for cars within a tier (For example, S25 requires 3 A's, S24 requires 2 A's and 1 B, S23 requires 1 A and 2 B's), there will always be an incrementally better car that requires way more resources to upgrade
    Mettiti said:
    Mettiti#9776
    lol sorry 
    im terrible with discord 
    Added ya
    willcf15 said:
    I think the reality is that they have to draw the line somewhere. Unless Hutch totally overhauled their system to require, say, different fuse requirements for cars within a tier (For example, S25 requires 3 A's, S24 requires 2 A's and 1 B, S23 requires 1 A and 2 B's), there will always be an incrementally better car that requires way more resources to upgrade

Holy ****! That is actually an amazing idea! @Hutch_Tim or somebody from Hutch needs to see this!
    willcf15 said:

Holy ****! That is actually an amazing idea! @Hutch_Tim or somebody from Hutch needs to see this!
    Thanks for your kind words :) 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 659 admin
    That's an interesting point.

The sharp jump in upgrade costs does make lower-RQ-in-band cars less appealing to upgrade, but event restrictions often make this less clear cut (e.g. you might want to upgrade a car from a specific manufacturer/year even though it's lower-in-band to do better in an event). But in the case of these two KTM's, an event is very unlikely to make the S more appealing.

This is probably about as close a case as you could find in the game, so well spotted!
    willcf15 said:
    That is an interesting idea, because it does graduate the upgrade costs more smoothly. The down-side is that it's more complicated, both for players to hold in mind, and for us to code. As we can only do so much, we'll tend to prioritise new features or major bug-fixes over bits of finesse like this. Still, I'll pass it on.

Hutch_Tim said:

That is an interesting idea, because it does graduate the upgrade costs more smoothly. The down-side is that it's more complicated, both for players to hold in mind, and for us to code. As we can only do so much, we'll tend to prioritise new features or major bug-fixes over bits of finesse like this. Still, I'll pass it on.

Agreed, I think things like server timeouts, expanding single-player mode, and that bit where your driver has such a lead foot that he's slower with a faster car should probably have priority over something like this. I do think that the players would be able to figure it out if it were eventually implemented though ;P

Thanks for the response and consideration!