Motor Banter: What was your first car?

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
Every one remembers their first car.
What was yours, can you share a pic?
What was fantastic about it? What was terrible about it?

Comments

• IQover3000IQover3000 Posts: 72 ✭✭
    My first car is VOLKSWAGEN Passat (here is a picture for reference, not my actual car but it looks exactly like that http://prntscr.com/hfye3g) I actually bought it 2 months ago and so far it has been treating me well! It has 136 horsepower (99Kws) and it's a 2001 year make. Fastest I have gone with it is 160 km/h but that's because 130 is the speed limit. Can't wait to hear about you guys first cars. Also, I m proud to say I was able to buy it myself at 18 without any help from parents.
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,586 admin
    @IQover3000ahh to be young again.   That is a good car, it will last a lifetime.
  • NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahaha nice , i study in Paris so for many years i didnt have any car (really tough to park free in Paris.. and public transport is everywhere)

Got my first car when i moved in the Pays Basque (basks country in south of france , the land of the surfers ;)

a Citroen C3 Pluriel exclusive (best finition , with sequential semi auto gearbox with  paddles on the wheel , was real fun but a bit slow and 110hp are a bit low...)

I had never heard of Citroen prior to playing this game.  The surfboard fits nicely in its very own seat.
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    this is my first car.I was 18 so lucky me;)Vw corrado 1991 year 1.8 g60 160 bhp 8.3 0-60...or 8.5 I can't remember...Best think about it was handling.Still love them corrados...That car have something other cars haven't got it from late 80 and early 90...I think earliest was made in 1988 and latest 1995 vr6
    Corrado is a classic car !! One Vr6 with low mileage is really rare and expensive !! Have a friend who is in love with corrado’s , he now has a VW Scirocco and say it’s the new corrado
    Again, another car I have never heard of.  The difference in the US to the rest of the world can clearly be defined by the love of automobiles.
  • xtreemxtreem Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    My first car was a 1968 Volvo Amazon 123 Sport. Dont have pictures of the actual car since it was way before digital cameras, and I only had it for three weeks before I totaled it. Here is a picture of the same car in the same colour. What a beuty it was <3
  • SebySeby Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Im 14 but my dad has a very cool car : The Saab 93  2006 SportCombi.Its a very cool family car .It has 150HP and turbo that makes Braaap Sttttt.You know what I mean. I dont have a pic but it looks Like that:
    The same color but different rims 
  • LukasWilliamsLukasWilliams Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    My first ride was 1993 Clio Mk1 with 1.8 16V engine in mint condition, that was 9 years ago. Great little go-kart - 135 HP to 1000kg, loved it. Downsides were a bit higher MPG and twitchiness on the limit. Once you were pushing it you needed to be 100% focused as this car didn't forgive mistakes. After I bought Marangoni Zeta semi-slicks for it, the car felt like it's on rails. So I started to push it further and further and made THE mistake - slightly put my leg out of throttle in the middle of a chicane, the back went sideways in a really bad way and with a FWD there was no way I could save it (well maybe if I were Jean Ragnotti :D). So I managed to roll it over the roof. I still have the car in a garage smashed and planning on restoring it. My father has a genuine Mk1 Clio Williams, so you see we are kind of into Renaults and even 16Vs are now starting to get scarce (all rotted or *ehm* crashed *ehm*), so it will be worth it to repair it.
    Here is a pic of it when in one piece:

You’re not French and you know Jean Ragnotti !!? I dont like Renault very much but the Clio is a masterpiece !! The 95 Clio Williams 16V is a little devil !!
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rare five-speed manual transmission Oldsmobile Alero coupe.

• exarhoexarho Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Alfa Romeo 156 facelift 2.0..Same colour,same rims,plus spoiler..Love at first site!!Lots of great memories with her!!I changed it for a Fiat 500 for my little sister,when i left Greece to study abroad..Miss her a lot!!
    Good sign when ur car is called her and not it , we dont have neutral in French , a car is always her ... good taste btw
  • NarcisseNarcisse Posts: 19
    edited November 2017
    My first car that's i own was Mazda 6 from 2005. 2.0 diesel 136hp, mine had 156hp (tested on dyno). Never disappointed me. I change her for MB CLK 500 2004 ... and i currently drive Audi S4 B5.
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine was this beaut:

Special thanks to hutch for putting it in the game, you guys better watch out if there's an RQ15 event cause I've got her upgraded and ready to destroy with a surprising midrange ;)

She's since moved on to the afterlife though :'(
  • exarhoexarho Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Numar said:
    Good sign when ur car is called her and not it , we dont have neutral in French , a car is always her ... good taste btw
    A lady like her cannot be called it,mon amie!!Thanks!!
  • dondiablodondiablo Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    Chevrolet aveo
  • seanrpsseanrps Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    My first car is VOLKSWAGEN Passat (here is a picture for reference, not my actual car but it looks exactly like that http://prntscr.com/hfye3g) I actually bought it 2 months ago and so far it has been treating me well! It has 136 horsepower (99Kws) and it's a 2001 year make. Fastest I have gone with it is 160 km/h but that's because 130 is the speed limit. Can't wait to hear about you guys first cars. Also, I m proud to say I was able to buy it myself at 18 without any help from parents.
    Similar situation:
    I am in a 2002 Volkswagen Passat, it has 155 HP and 170 lb/ft of torque, the fastest I have gone was 178km (the fastest it can go) and its a lot of fun!
    My first car was a 1992 Nissan Maxima, cost me $500 and it got me from point A to B. One time the wheel fell off at 110km/H, now that was an experience.
  • LukasWilliamsLukasWilliams Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Numar said:
    You’re not French and you know Jean Ragnotti !!? I dont like Renault very much but the Clio is a masterpiece !! The 95 Clio Williams 16V is a little devil !!
    Ragnotti is one of the gods of rally, everyone should know this name! For me it’s a hall of fame together with Röhlr, Vatanen, Toivonen, Auriol, McRae and Michéle Mouton.
    Together with Lotus, Renault (well - more precisely Renault-Sport) is my lovebrand. And Im not even talking about Alpines, these are my wet dreams <3

Post edited by LukasWilliams on
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Mitsubishi Colt 1600 GLXi Bullet, 1995 - bought on rainy valentines day over 10 years ago and served me well for over 3 years.

0-100: 9,8 sec (I did it in 9,1 downhill, almost empty tank haha)

Vmax: 190kmh (I did 220 (acc to speedo) somewhere in north east Germany on an empty autobahn, downhill, aral 100oct, proper wind... hahaha)

113 HP

925 Kg

Imaginary TopDrives RQ: 7

Great reliable car, have only good memories about it. I chose it because back then it was the most funny+affordable+reliable car that I could get insured without having to pay crazy insurance costs.

Basically a small "GTI" without being treated like it by insurance companies in a country where I lived back then.

Here is a pic. No my car but very similar:

Numar said:
    Ragnotti is one of the gods of rally, everyone should know this name! For me it’s a hall of fame together with Röhlr, Vatanen, Toivonen, Auriol, McRae and Michéle Mouton.
    Together with Lotus, Renault (well - more precisely Renault-Sport) is my lovebrand. And Im not even talking about Alpines, these are my wet dreams <3

Are you from Finland !!? Only a Finn can be such an hardcore rallye addict ahaha , round of applause for quoting Michèle Mouton , what a godess !! It’s true that driving is one of the rare sport where **** doesnt matter in fact... And we all know about girls mental toughness to challenge men !! Thx for the reminder , almost forgot that lady !!
  • Rutger_KRutger_K Posts: 53 ✭✭
    The love of my life.

• NiurktNiurkt Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    1 - 1995 BMW 316i Compact / 75 kW
    2 - 1999 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 Twin Spark / 106 kW
    3 - 2006 Toyota Corolla Verso 2.2 D4D / 100kW
    Keep them coming.  This is a good thread.
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    This 1986 Jetta, 4-speed, 1300 CC was my start. Too bad my girlfriend parked over a streetlight, she couldn't handle that (the car ofcourse).
  • Wartburg87Wartburg87 Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    My first car Wartburg 1.3 sedan 1990 year
  • PichaiPichai Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    Mine was a red 1967 AMC Javelin with no seat belts and a broken power steering pump.

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    My first and the only car I have driven is a 2005 Ford Freestyle Limited. Love this thing and for a 7 seater goes 0-60 in 8.2 seconds but it does feel a bit underpowered with only 203 hp. There's so many memories I have with this car. If I worked on this game, I'd sneak this car into the game as a sleeper 4WD, standard tire rare car.
    Related image
    Post edited by NinjaDesignz on