Did you designed by purpose the interface to let us spending gold?

G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
after a match i tapped the screen on the continue button too much times (i was in a hurry) and i lost 100golds for 5 ******* tickets. Golds that take hours of playing to earn! I didn't use the tickets and i want my gold back or i'll leave.
That happened just because you put the all the buttons on exaclty the same spot, without any confirmation button (that HAS to be elsewere).
That is not the way to have happy players.
Same for the buy car button: happened once that i put the phone in the bag unlocked and when i picked up, i found cards on the screen to turn... another 250 gold spent for an unwanted aluminium pack. And the assistance did not refund me, even if i didn't add touch anyone of those cars...

Comments

• deewoddeewod Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    You’re not the only one to have done this. Suck it up and move on. It’s the user’s fault after all.
  • BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

This is how I show my love
    I made it in my mind because
    I blame it on my ADD baby
    This is how an angel cries
    Blame it on my own sick pride
    Blame it on my ADD baby
    Blame it on my ADD
    Sail!
    Maybe I should cry for help
    Maybe I should kill myself (myself)
    Blame it on my ADD baby
    Maybe I'm a different breed
    Maybe I'm not listening
    So blame it on my ADD baby

Sail with me into the dark (sail)
    Sail with me into the dark (sail)
    Sail with me into the
    Blame it on my ADD baby
    Blame it on my ADD
    Blame it
    La la la la la, la la la la la ooh
    La la la la la, la la la la la ooh
    Sail!
    Sail!
    Sail!

:D  :D:D
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,553 admin
    Bahahahahahahaha!!!! Post of the YEAR!
    Gsearch said:
    Bahahahahahahaha!!!! Post of the YEAR!
     :D  :DB)
    edited December 2017
    @G_anluca
    Hey bud, I have played many 100s of hours here and i have MAJOR ADD, but i have yet to spend my money by mistake. Slow it down a bit and be more careful. Sorry about that luck man :neutral:
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @G_anluca I actually agree with you that the GUI could be designed better and should have a confirmation ask for major things (spend cash, gold, etc). If it makes you feel better, I have seen other posts of people doing similar things by mistake.

Separately, I do not understand the animosity displayed by people on this forum, really a shame.
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ...
    Happened to most of us and it stings 
    I think an easy fix would be to switch the "buy" and "cancel" buttons' positions....
    That's what I do on my programs 
  • tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very useful to buy tickets quickly at the end of the events:)
    TD42792 said:
    @G_anluca I actually agree with you that the GUI could be designed better and should have a confirmation ask for major things (spend cash, gold, etc). If it makes you feel better, I have seen other posts of people doing similar things by mistake.

Separately, I do not understand the animosity displayed by people on this forum, really a shame.
    I don't understand why a virtual game must be taken so seriously! People need a good laugh every now and then. 
  • BruceMcLarenBruceMcLaren Posts: 40 ✭✭
    this is not a problem, buttons are ok. You have to be careful, normaly careful, like me or others........
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    TD42792 said:

I don't understand why a virtual game must be taken so seriously! People need a good laugh every now and then. 
    While I agree this is a game and should be taken lightly, people actually spend money and become “invested” in it, in both meanings of the word. Some people actually need to work hard for their money. Are they right or wrong to spend it on this? Not for me to judge, but I can understand they can be frustrated if things go wrong.

The functions are what they are and are where they have always been.  Fusing is NOT automatic.  You must drag and drop THREE cars and THEN hit the FUSE button.  I just can't see how someone could accidentally fuse a car.
  • Hutch_IanHutch_Ian Posts: 234 Wrenchman
    We didn't design this on purpose and weren't aware of it as an issue.

When you tap through screens you can generally tap anywhere, if we were planning for people to tap to buy more tickets we would have done something more effective.
    I have tried to recreate this issue.  It seems impossible.
    I think you need to modify the GUI and design it better....
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    The functions are what they are and are where they have always been.  Fusing is NOT automatic.  You must drag and drop THREE cars and THEN hit the FUSE button.  I just can't see how someone could accidentally fuse a car.
    If you have multiple instances of same car you can pick the wrong one. It's not that easy to see if the car is upgraded or not in that UI. Something as simple as adding stars to the cards in that particular UI would help.

On the issue of accidentally purchasing more tickets, I've also done it at least once and that annoyed me to no end (as I got five extra tickets on a pointless daily event). The way we solved this issue in the game I'm working on was to add a feature that asks the users whether they really want to spend premium currency. By default this is disabled because it can get annoying for people who don't want it, but they can enable it in the settings. It's not an ideal solution, but seems to work well.
    That little box in the bottom right corner got hit to buy extra tickets?  I just don't buy it.  After the match is over, you go to the results screen, THEN to the EVENT screen  THEN you have to hit PLAY AGAIN before you can click that bottom right corner button to buy more tickets..  Come on.  Maybe if you were driving a real car while playing and not looking and just pressing away, but I still find it hard to believe.
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Scenario A:
    You enter the event screen after a match: You tap 'Play' on the bottom right corner.
    You go to the team selection screen. You tap 'GO' button on the bottom right corner.

Scenario B:
    You enter the event screen after a match. You tap 'Play' on the bottom right corner.
    You get to the 'Buy more tickets' screen. You tap 'BUY' button on the bottom right corner.

See the pattern? If you are trying to play through your tickets quickly like I often am I just keep tapping the bottom right corner to go from one screen to the next because that generally takes you forward in the flow. Unless you go to scenario B and don't pay attention, in which case it can cause a purchase.

Granted, it's not a huge issue, doing it once probably teaches you to pay more attention in the future, but it's something that could be improved to not cause the same annoyance to other users.
  • DochiDochi Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    That little box in the bottom right corner got hit to buy extra tickets?  I just don't buy it.  After the match is over, you go to the results screen, THEN to the EVENT screen  THEN you have to hit PLAY AGAIN before you can click that bottom right corner button to buy more tickets..  Come on.  Maybe if you were driving a real car while playing and not looking and just pressing away, but I still find it hard to believe.

Ive done it once early on, and come close a few times since.   When you are playing 4 events, you just keep mashing the button.
    That just doesn't sound like a design error.  You keep pounding buttons on anything and the results will be poor.
  • DochiDochi Posts: 69 ✭✭

yeah but all you are expecting in another entry into the race, it is right where the go button is, and when the screen dissolve is not instant its easy to press too quickly twice, and then the 3rd time would be the follow thru of purchase.   its not like its mortal combat button mash, you just want to quickly get to the next race is all and the placement is in an area that is conducive to this error.

Just think for a second, if the purchase more tickets button was not in the same place as the go, would this happen to the same extent?

The answer should be obvious.  Is this a very common issue, no, but it is one which I am sure has threatened most players at least once - it is just fortunate the vast majority do not follow thru

• G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Someone is starting to give sense to my post finally.
    Those 100golds represent time for me, not money, as i am trying to be a player who doesn't spend too much (about 10€ spent in just more than a month). And that time spent to earn that gold, no one can give me back. I just want the "buy ticket" putted elsewere or a confirmation box (in a differen tap area) just as appear when selling a car. It is something that is veeery easy to do and prevent players to feel bad vs the game.
    Yes, it is just a game, and because of that i was easly on moving away cause i feelt robbed (and some people had even a laugh for that).
    Luckly for Hutch i want to see what's next with game modes and don't want to waste all the time and money on it.
    edited December 2017
    Dochi said:

its not like its mortal combat button mash, you just want to quickly get to the next race is all and the placement is in an area that is conducive to this error.

Especially when the event is ending and you are on the edge to get the last position for some good reward...
    So you didn't use ANY of those tickets?
    @Bugatti what did i do to you and why you continue to laugh on me? Try to be more adult.
    Relax @G_anluca He is a really nice guy, he was just giving you a bit of the business.  He meant no ill will.
    edited December 2017
    Gsearch said:
    So you didn't use ANY of those tickets?
    No. Hoping that i have those golds back. 100 golds for trying to get a steel pack?? Really?
    EDIT... sorry aluminium... i was in the steel position.
    Have you contacted In Game support?  That is the best option.
    of course... for now they didn't understand and i have tryied to explain me better

That is the problem, right there.  instead of just asking for help, you have to go and accuse them of STEALING based on your error and you threaten them with "Angry Players"

After that you demand your gold back, even though it was clearly YOUR error.  Why can't you just tell them you made a mistake and ask them if they could help you out?  That is a real person answering that help desk and I am sure they do not appreciate being threatened, called names and have demands laid on them.

I am sorry, but that is just the way it is. Support is there to help, not be bullied, in ANY business.
    i know, i was feeling in that way at the moment... but that does not change the fact that the buy ticket, buy button, and continue button are just there to be "too much easly pressed"... :s:s:s
This discussion has been closed.