Skip to content

I'm not a big fan of this particular ice event.

KowpadKowpad Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
While I love events like the offroad and ice because it showcases other cars aside from the hyper-cars and other high-end A-cars. This particular ice event, because all tracks are iced, comes down to really just one car - the Datsun. Although I'm lucky to have 5 of them and will do well, an event should never come down to just car model. Too restrictive and not competitive to those with less than 5 Datsuns. Just my opinion.

Comments

• Vona112Vona112 Posts: 24
    There will always be a “best car” for each event. You are right though, this time there is really only one
  • BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least its not all Bugattis,  these are cars that all should keep and save. They are great for offroad and will many times beat the S cars. 
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a week or so ago Hutch robin said that they were trying to differentiate events so that cars like the Datsun wouldn’t run wild all over these events. But this one seems specifically tailored to be for the Datsun...
    edited December 2017
    daGman said:
    I remember a week or so ago Hutch robin said that they were trying to differentiate events so that cars like the Datsun wouldn’t run wild all over these events. But this one seems specifically tailored to be for the Datsun...
    It's Christmas spectacular, it has to be snow and ice LoL 
    If they removed the RWD restrictions it would be all raptors and 6x6. I think they did good..
  • dunowedunowe Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    This event would have been a good time for Hutch to already have the option to restrict multiples in a specific event.
    I hope they implement it soon.
    I understand the reasoning behind multiples being relevant, but if an event is dominated by 1 particular car and you can see upt 5 of it in a line-up, it's not that fun.
    (still having fun though, but i'll have to give up on top10, cause i do not own even one datsun, sadly...)
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunowe said:
    This event would have been a good time for Hutch to already have the option to restrict multiples in a specific event.
    I hope they implement it soon.
    I understand the reasoning behind multiples being relevant, but if an event is dominated by 1 particular car and you can see upt 5 of it in a line-up, it's not that fun.
    (still having fun though, but i'll have to give up on top10, cause i do not own even one datsun, sadly...)
    Pretty sure Hutch have said this will never happen, quite rightly too, Datsun aside if you are lucky enough to have say two Bugattis it would be ridiculous to stop you using them in an event. 
  • aleale Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Bastava avere come restrizione fwd così l'evento sarebbe stato più equilibrato
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Hutch have said this will never happen, quite rightly too, Datsun aside if you are lucky enough to have say two Bugattis it would be ridiculous to stop you using them in an event. 
    They mentioned implementing a ’no dupes’ event rule at some point, but I don’t think it will be used for all events. There are certain ones where it is more relevant than others (this one is an example) but I agree, if you are lucky enough to have two McLaren MP4/12Cs I think it’s fair enough that you can use them.
  • NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a max 2 copies restriction , this event is just ridiculous , no strategy it’s the more datsun 303 you have , the higher you will be... 
    Numar said:
    There should be a max 2 copies restriction , this event is just ridiculous , no strategy it’s the more datsun 303 you have , the higher you will be... 
    And i am pretty sure you have sold or fused 5 or more ? I have been through at least 20 or more lol
  • RawelRawel Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    for some reason 330 beats 303 and 033 on snow slaloms, snow hairpins... don't know about others
    edited December 2017
    Rawel said:
    Numar said:
    for some reason 330 beats 303 and 033 on snow slaloms, snow hairpins... don't know about others
    330 is the new beast now, I am upgrading now  :D
    Perfect example of why you should have multiple cars and use them LoL! My 5 were setup for dirt and now i need another set for snow, but altogether should be perfect combinations for mud  ;)
  • RawelRawel Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever, I "only" have 2, so probably tier 3 reward for me, can't seem to get into top 10
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only got 1 datsun and i'm hovering around 10th in my group but also just hit rq135 during this event so probably gonna be completely outmatched in that group
    Rawel said:
    whatever, I "only" have 2, so probably tier 3 reward for me, can't seem to get into top 10
    Save them when you get em, there valuable 
  • KasplantKasplant Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    You got to be kidding? 330 beats 303 in slalom? Printscreen of times? @Bugatti
  • softenedsoftened Posts: 48 ✭✭

I've heard that the infiniti QX50 does well in the christmas spectacular event. Hutch knew that this car was useless and so they came up with an event to give one of the most useless and weird car some meaning, by creating a special off-road event only for RWD. this would make for a very interesting and fun event, where not only the QX50 but other standart tyres RWD cars finally would be a use ! unfortunately, hutch probably forgot that the 240Z off-road rally-car is also RWD. This car RULES the event. If you have one, and the opponent doesn’t, you win. You've got two? better for you ! 

I haven’t entered the event myself yet. I’m doing my strategy where I wait for the last day of the event. Even though i have really strong deck of standart tyres RWD cars (1 A and 4 B), the absence of a 240Z makes my deck not only weaker but also a great target to anyone who owns at least one of those 240Zs.

Before I enter, I want to know, where is the datsun most OP, and where it earns most points. Can we make a table on how much points a CLS400 would loose against the 240z on each track?

Fast circuit -            
    Twisty circuit -        
    City Streets -          
    Twisty Road -         
    1/4 -                        
    1/2 -                        
    1 mile -                   
    G-force -                 
    Slalom -                  

I’ll try to keep the table updated. Thx for any help.

• Todd192Todd192 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    softened said:

I've heard that the infiniti QX50 does well in the christmas spectacular event.

Yeah seems like a strong car in this event
    Any non datsun- QX 50 is useless.. even the QX 50 gets beaten by a lot of points if not city streets, better try to find RWD ALL cars like the escalade in stead of your standard tires B cars.. they will get recked
    edited December 2017
    Kasplant said:
    Here you go, let me know what you think!
  • FCOKFCOK Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Numar said:
    And i am pretty sure you have sold or fused 5 or more ? I have been through at least 20 or more lol
    Guess i got no luck at all... still haven't found i datsun. And i got 2 accounts rq130+.   :'(
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever gotten one Datsun (and messed it up unfortunately with 033). Sitting at the top of my table however. Been rocking the datsun, qx50, and a chevy silverado as well as two other STD tire cars
    Had 4 used 2 as fusing material cause i believed Hutch would make restriction on copies... i was wrong... still have 2 tho but to top you need 3/4 , what a strategy !!
    You need at least 4 in proper tune in our league @Numar
    Is that you Rik ? Tom told me about you beeing Rik... yeah 4 in our league is a min to top , saw one team with 5 , was it you , didnt pay attention just skipped fast ahah
  • DjehoetieDjehoetie Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Kasplant said:
    Still had my 6th Datsun to tune however i like for the event, guess i'm going with this tuning setup @Bugatti
    Thanks for the info :D

I'm doing fine for now tho with the other 5 datsuns , but you never know :D 

• MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djehoetie said:
    Bugatti said: UI
    Kasplant said:
    Still had my 6th Datsun to tune however i like for the event, guess i'm going with this tuning setup @Bugatti

Reward packs galore
    Djehoetie said:
    Bugatti said:
    Kasplant said:

Nice! LoL