Event Chains

2»

Comments

• BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    So right now we can win prize event cars every 2 weeks, this chain you are talking about, you mentioned may last a few weeks ? What's a few weeks? 3, 4, 5 or 6? This doesn't excite me at all, and will limit your income from pack sales etc.. from a business standpoint doesn't seem very profitable.
    This would likely be additional to all existing events. A few weeks might be around a month, yeah.
    If you keep the same events and add these to it, that would be all good. I would just hate to see the event prize cars to come to a stop and replaced with this.
  • LesterLester Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Or maybe us as players choose a rq bracket to play in and no turning back for that specific event. If u choose bracket rq123 u stick to it till the end of the event. And to make it interesting, make it numbers where there could possably have to be a mix from different classes. Just an idea
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    So right now we can win prize event cars every 2 weeks, this chain you are talking about, you mentioned may last a few weeks ? What's a few weeks? 3, 4, 5 or 6? This doesn't excite me at all, and will limit your income from pack sales etc.. from a business standpoint doesn't seem very profitable.
    This would likely be additional to all existing events. A few weeks might be around a month, yeah.
    This simply sounds like a division system. You win in one week you move up to next division and so on. And then resets every month. 

If if this is the case, I’d love to see larger than a couple hundred people in a group and then do the top % in each group gets a prize and the next level gets a lower prize. 

Defintiely could be an interesting new aspect but I’m afraid a week long event would get stale in this format. maybe something like a few types of events over the course of the week in the same division, say a top speed, off-road, or ultra rare event all in the same group could help test multiple aspects of people’s garages in the week. That way it will give everyone who has decent garages to get to the top. Big spenders will be there regardless so let’s always assume they’ll get a top prize, but I hope this gives other people a better chance to get the top prizes. 
  • G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Let's have a reasonable conversation. No event is going to kill the game. That's unhelpful hyperbole.

Good players with better cars do better in events, on average, and earn better rewards. Regardless of whether it's by playing in better events or getting further in an event chain, this will happen. Of course, we want to ensure that players who don't have great garages or are new to the game can still be competitive in events, through event restrictions and looking ways to improve matchmaking.

As for matchmaking, event chains can help with matchmaking, as when you progress, you play other players who have progressed, which means people of similar abilities are grouped together. As I said earlier in this thread, we can then run events for players who didn't progress.
    If it is only a kind of event you will put in the game it's ok... i understood you were thinking of changing the structure of all events in that way, but now i understand you are referring only to the "chain events" like porsches one. In that case the "killing the game" has no reason to be.

So this could result in an "auto-mathcmaking" way, where the smurf problem get away... hummm this could work for this.

But... i think that the best players will continue to become stronger, and this change in the structure of the chain events could even enhance the difference between who has a good garage vs who has not. There is why:

Now:
    -if i miss some top prize during the first event, i have the possiblity to win the best prizes even in the "next round" AND for the final round! At least i have the possibilty to go for the top prize thanks for different restrictions (as you said you want) and buying some packs...
    New type:
    -if i get eliminated, no chance to get the best prizes for the next round neither for the top prize for the final round. I'll go for an event with other players that din't progress (for one round only?) and for poor prizes.

My experience with Porsche event:
    first round got some ceramic.
    second round got a crappy aluminium.
    final round, thanks to restrictions and 2 CF pack with one that gave me a Cayman GTS, i was able to compete for the GT1 road car (i arrived 10th place... :'( )
    With the new structure i would been out in the second round...

As you stated, you want to ensure that players who don't have great garages or are new to the game can still be competitive in events. That is the main goal i think you have to achieve: the fun in the game is to build a garage opening packs and earning prizes. Exclude some players from that i think is not a step in that direction.

This is a fine attemp to resolve the matchmaking problem but i think it will resolve in a "richer get richer" situation.
    I still belive that the chance to have a "monster garage" should be the same for everyone... but now who played since day one had an enormous advantage and due to previous and actual matchmaking system the top players are ruling and get near to them is actually impossible. I hoped that the "challenge mode" could do some work to slowly enhance the garages as the campaign did for my first week, but winning the final prize car is in the challenge mode is not for everyone... but this is another subject not related to this topic.
    edited January 2018
    PS: any addional event is welcome by the way!
    I wuold like this type of elimination event as an "istant event" as i wrote (not a "few week event"). Starts at some time, after 2 hours next round, after 2 hours final round... or something like that, with same restriction for the events, all vs all. Would be a nice alternative to the daily event.
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Maybe mix top half of 1 bracket with top half of other bracket and same with lower halves? Do this each round and players with similar strong hands should be playing together in the finals. Maybe lower the prizes a bit for the bracket with bottom halves each round.
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G_anluca said:
    I wuold like this type of elimination event as an "istant event" as i wrote (not a "few week event"). Starts at some time, after 2 hours next round, after 2 hours final round... or something like that, with same restriction for the events, all vs all. Would be a nice alternative to the daily event.
    So we would have to buy tickets? Lol
  • FCOKFCOK Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    G_anluca said:
    Gsearch said:
    I am afraid that the monsters in event A will continue to be monsters in event b and so on.  So even if you make it to the next event, you are subjecting yourself to the same beat down over and over.
    and monsters will play in next group earning other prizes and enhance their mostruosity, while who is eliminated earn only one poor prize and next time has monters++ to play with in the next event. That will kill new/poor-garage players. They'll leave the game and only monsters will play by himselves... game will die.

I think it is time to introduce some leagues. SAME PRIZES FOR ALL THE EVENTS and matchmaking or brakets determined by the quality of garage:
    A class player with more than X legendary and Y epic that play vs other A class player.

B class player with X/2 legendary and Y/2 epic that play vs other B class player.

....and so on.

You win and your garage will grow? You have to play in the next class vs players that have a garage potentially similar to yours. You are unluky even if you won? Your garage will have same quality than before and you have to play in the same class. You sell cars or fuse and the garage became poor? You declass and will play vs players that have a garage similar than yours. The game remain always playable and the chance to win some event and get some decent prize is good for any kind of player (any kind of garage). Oh and smurfing is totally useless.

Right now the matchmaking is extremely frustrating for the most players. Winning is impossible. Top ten is too much hard. Top 30 is hard anyway... and even if you go in it, you get at max some aluminium that will get you at best ONE b... to upgrade to an epic car requires weeks...
    Who is "monster" instead will continue to be so and beating him is become almost impossible yet.

That kind of event you are proposing i think would kill the game for the most.
    Doing leagues by garage quality is a stupid idea.  Even less when you do it by quantity of S, A cars and so on.  What would people do?  Fuse to have less cars and be in a lower league using your thoughts. They would be overpowered as always and with better cars. 
    I agree matchmaking is hard and they are fixing it. 
    I also think as i already said that you should be placed in groups according to rq (exists already) and trophy points.  As We have. Single difference would be increase in quality of prizes the higher you get.  But well, there's always gonna be happy people and unhappy.  

Think we just have to adapt. Don't forget that i don't remember a game like this where the community as so much influence and where the administrators really listen to what  we say and improve and accept some ideas. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this game is p2w.. so you can change events, you can find new type of events but if you don't spend a lot of $$ and or you aren't lucky, you can't win nothing and when you win there are crappy prizes with low rate to find some good (ceramic when you win or aluminium for second and third tier) .. and the forum is inhabited for the most part by spenderes (soft or hard)...
    FCOK said:
    Doing leagues by garage quality is a stupid idea.  Even less when you do it by quantity of S, A cars and so on.  What would people do?  Fuse to have less cars and be in a lower league using your thoughts. They would be overpowered as always and with better cars. 
    I agree matchmaking is hard and they are fixing it. 
    I also think as i already said that you should be placed in groups according to rq (exists already) and trophy points.  As We have. Single difference would be increase in quality of prizes the higher you get.  But well, there's always gonna be happy people and unhappy.  

Think we just have to adapt. Don't forget that i don't remember a game like this where the community as so much influence and where the administrators really listen to what  we say and improve and accept some ideas. 
    At one point you cannot fuse anymore but mostly there is the big disadvantage of having less type of cars for different events: you have fewer good cars for few events. Don't think that could be a great strategy to play the game. In my opinon, once well calibrated this would be a very good factor than trophies or/and rq. As we see these two don't work very well: trophies can be easly "smurfed" e and RQ, once you finish the campaign clearing all the tables (that requires 3-4 days of hard play) wa all are at 130+, without making much difference.

Using a factor that use the numbers of cars of each class could easly lead to more equilibrate brakets in my opinion.

And yes, i totally agree that the Hutch team of Top Drives is the best listener developer i have found! That is why i have spend some time to think to something for helping them trying to resolve the most important "problem" of the game (besides the upgrades bug).

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    this game is p2w.. so you can change events, you can find new type of events but if you don't spend a lot of $$ and or you aren't lucky, you can't win nothing and when you win there are crappy prizes with low rate to find some good (ceramic when you win or aluminium for second and third tier) .. and the forum is inhabited for the most part by spenderes (soft or hard)...
    If the matchmaking system worked correctly it wouldn’t be. I do alright in most events I enter, top 10 mostly, but I can certainly sympathise with a lot of players.  
    I look down the bottom of my daily event and wonder why some people still bother to play, it can’t be fun. 
    MSteeL said:
    G_anluca said:
    So we would have to buy tickets? Lol
    :D this is indeed a good point (for Hutch!).
    But they could change the time for tickets. For the challenge mode that last 5 days they set it to 2.5 hours if i remember well... for this kind of competition they could reduce the time less than the normal 30min.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    I agree. Another solution is to separate p2w players using a different server. Since that isn't going to happen, the f2p players are never going to get a chance. 
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    What we need is a place for small fish to grow into bigger fish with out been eaten 
    Now, Hutch is human, low paying players are trouts and salmon, and high paying players are barracudas and sharks. We need an aquarium! Release the sharks into the ocean!
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, listen. This is a game that many people play. Hutch is a developer that cares about PR a lot, and they don't want to hurt people's feelings. There are always gonna be haters and ranters. @Hutch_Robin just wants to make more people happy. No matter whether you are a small or big fish, there's always a place for you. 
    To be honest, I don't the idea, that players should be eliminated. It will only maximize the problem of good hands will get even better in a even fast way.

I would like to see it, that the first rounds are like a qualifing. Good rewards for the later rounds.
    But I you're not reaching e.g. the top bracket but the 2nd you get in a pool where all from the 2nd bracket are mixed in.
    The same with every bracket. So the good ones need to compete with good. And the "loosing" ones, have a greater chance in winning in the next round.
    The problem I see is, we someone knows, that he already has a monster hand for the final.
    He smurfs the first stages and easily win the last one.
    The algorithsm should that mixes the pools need to take the garage into account!

That's a good idea. People that classify in the, let's say third bracket (50-200th place) goes into the third-tier finals, using the same hand as their qualifiers and prelims. That can prevent people smurfing. Also the filter can take into account of their garage, how many cars and whether they could be used for the event. If a person, for an Audi event has 5 R8s and in the qualifiers they use 5 Quattros and smurf points and places they could be asked to have the same RQ limit as their hand allowed in the later stages. 
  • deewoddeewod Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    I agree. Another solution is to separate p2w players using a different server. Since that isn't going to happen, the f2p players are never going to get a chance. 
    Some players feeling their garage is not competitive is an issue for sure, but separating f2p and p2w players is not the solution. Players spending money on packs are keeping the game alive. We definitely don’t want people to stop buying packs because that will be the death of the game. There are other more feasible ways like event types, RQ etc.
  • ripittman65ripittman65 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Been trying to think of a way to make the chaining events good for everyone. I think no matter what you do the players who pay will always have an advantage and that's only fair. If you pay you should have an advantage. 
    However, this might be worth a test run.
    Divide us up into divisions:
    A RQ 50 - 100
    B RQ 101 - 125
    C RQ 126 - 136
    D RQ 137-150
    and run four events throughout each week, each one a couple days. Give top 20 A & B some packs and cash, give top 20 of C some packs and gold and give D some packs and prizes like a normal event
    Week 2 give top 40 payout just like above and an entry ticket to next weeks event. Also allow Buy in "ticket"for "X" gold
    week 3 repeat. + final event ticket for top 100 of each division
    week 4 top 100 from each division of week "three" gets entry to final round no division restriction (open event)

To make in interesting use the challenge event RQ restriction for each division (increases each week)
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    @deewod I'm RQ 136 and I'm a f2p and I think I have a decent garage (3 legendaries and 5 epics). But there is no way I can compete and win in a lot of multiplayer events because of paying players. I know I can't win every event, but I barely make it in the top 40 (daily event) and top 30 (other events if I'm lucky and I have a good hand for that event). So the best I get is an aluminium. How do you expect me to get better cars(other than buying packs which I already do with game money)? 
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    But what do describe as P2W? If someone bought the 25 garage slots for 1500 gold that they used real cash for does that make them P2W? Or does it mean they had to put a little cash in to take advantage of a rare offer? I have put money into the game, but nowhere near as much as many others, I have an average garage. I cannot win a daily event or prize car but does that mean I have to be in with people who have spent 100s or 1000s of real cash and roll with 5 Legendaries every hand? If that happens there is no point in me playing anymore. 

The only way to separate people is on the strength of their garages. Match making based on how many S, A and B cars people have. There will always be a degree of manipulation (smurfing) no matter 
  • BruceMcLarenBruceMcLaren Posts: 40 ✭✭
    @deewod I'm RQ 136 and I'm a f2p and I think I have a decent garage (3 legendaries and 5 epics). But there is no way I can compete and win in a lot of multiplayer events because of paying players. I know I can't win every event, but I barely make it in the top 40 (daily event) and top 30 (other events if I'm lucky and I have a good hand for that event). So the best I get is an aluminium. How do you expect me to get better cars(other than buying packs which I already do with game money)? 
    you may bough ceramics pack for dollars in game and maybe get S class car......but u must play long time consistely....and one day get it and u will better..... its easy  and ist for free......
    btw im for mega pool for all players with kick when you are on lasts places, or free zones for testing, with others players, or battles, or something like that. Just something pure for fun.    .......just play with cars like little guys, and this game makes it possible
  • ppedrasppedras Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I made a quick schematics for a 3 day event separated by leagues. The number of players per event can be altered because I have no clue on how many players are there in total. The idea is that there are always 4 leagues per event that can be multiplied just like brackets right now. Once the 4 leagues are full, then a new group of 4 leagues is created.

The ideia was that weak players could have a chance in the next step of the event and so on. At the same time you would race other players from other leagues as the event advanced. At the same time there was still elimination in each step of the event. 
    interesting, but good, maybe:)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppedras said:
    I made a quick schematics for a 3 day event separated by leagues. The number of players per event can be altered because I have no clue on how many players are there in total. The idea is that there are always 4 leagues per event that can be multiplied just like brackets right now. Once the 4 leagues are full, then a new group of 4 leagues is created.

The ideia was that weak players could have a chance in the next step of the event and so on. At the same time you would race other players from other leagues as the event advanced. At the same time there was still elimination in each step of the event. 
    Nice schematic, but what's to keep strong players from intentionally doing bad in leagues A1 & B3, then dominating C4?
    C4, bad prize, no motivation for strong player
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldnt the most efficient be that good players join other group good players into the strong leagues and bad players join bad players into the weak leagues, with better prizes for the strong leagues (to prevent intentional smurfing)?
    I also really think player elimination will be too frustrating and some will just give up on the whole thing.
    HeissRod said:
    Nice schematic, but what's to keep strong players from intentionally doing bad in leagues A1 & B3, then dominating C4?
    Prizes, worst leagues worst prizes. 
    TD42792 said:
    Wouldnt the most efficient be that good players join other group good players into the strong leagues and bad players join bad players into the weak leagues, with better prizes for the strong leagues (to prevent intentional smurfing)?
    I also really think player elimination will be too frustrating and some will just give up on the whole thing.
    In all major events there must be elimination. If you continue on an event we’re you can’t win anything is that appealing? No. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppedras said:
    TD42792 said:
    In all major events there must be elimination. If you continue on an event we’re you can’t win anything is that appealing? No. 
    You would just win a lesser prize, kinda like how the events are set up right now, where you always win something and get to race for the full duration to learn more about your cars and tactics, no matter how bad you are doing.
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    But what do describe as P2W? If someone bought the 25 garage slots for 1500 gold that they used real cash for does that make them P2W? Or does it mean they had to put a little cash in to take advantage of a rare offer? I have put money into the game, but nowhere near as much as many others, I have an average garage. I cannot win a daily event or prize car but does that mean I have to be in with people who have spent 100s or 1000s of real cash and roll with 5 Legendaries every hand? If that happens there is no point in me playing anymore. 

The only way to separate people is on the strength of their garages. Match making based on how many S, A and B cars people have. There will always be a degree of manipulation (smurfing) no matter how matchmaking is done but I believe this is the fairest.