Skip to content

New Event: Mercedes Qualifiers / Porsche Event is Coming

Comments

• tichoblintichoblin Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    I have an abundance of cars for this event, finally have hope of a high finish... which of my other Porsches do you guys think i should max? My current hand is maxed apart from the last car (1975 911) which is 2,1,1. Ive heard the green cayman is OP?
    It is. 330
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tichoblin said:
    sinner said:
    I have an abundance of cars for this event, finally have hope of a high finish... which of my other Porsches do you guys think i should max? My current hand is maxed apart from the last car (1975 911) which is 2,1,1. Ive heard the green cayman is OP?
    It is. 330
    It's a speed merchant? What are its maxed stats like?? It looks the weakest of the three Caymans to me so I'd ignored mine until now.
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    tichoblin said:
    sinner said:
    It is. 330
    It's a speed merchant? What are its maxed stats like?? It looks the weakest of the three Caymans to me so I'd ignored mine until now.
    Yeah ive done the same but ive read a few different times the stats dont reflect its performance 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna have to be using as low as D class cars.
    Hoping for rain lol
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not entering until tomorrow, too much upgrading to do.

This new filter could make for some really random competitions in the future for sure
    tichoblin said:
    sinner said:
    It is. 330
    The stats won't help you. Otherwise it wouldn't be an OP car. 
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hey if you did well in the Porsche events and have all s and a class cars you’re in luck!!!!! Look what Hutch put in the store for you!!!! And since the drop rates are awful you’ll be guaranteed a couple Porsches that meet the requirements!!! 
    What a steal those are!!!!
    Anyone in my group? Is Luke a forum member?
    @mikes it’s been a while! Hopefully top 2 for us?

• mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    daGman said:
    @mikes it’s been a while! Hopefully top 2 for us?

Yes. Let’s go for it. At least top 5. I just won that merc GL350 in the last ceramic I opened. 
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the track conditions? I’m flying today so not sure if I should enter yet.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the track conditions? I’m flying today so not sure if I should enter yet.
    Mostly dry pavement. One rallycross here and there. Some rain. 
    Mostly asphalt. I think every set has a rally cross on it and one/two sets also have a rain track on it. 
  • TomTurboTomTurbo Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's rock this @mikasa! You might need some more upgrades though, seen some more maxed hands.

• mikasamikasa Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    I have green Cayman tuned 330, but it loses in drag at least to 911 RS and 911 Turbo Martini, and with that 330 tune it loses to many (fully upgraded) RQ22 Porsches in curves. 
    mikasa said:
    sinner said:
    I have green Cayman tuned 330, but it loses in drag at least to 911 RS and 911 Turbo Martini, and with that 330 tune it loses to many (fully upgraded) RQ22 Porsches in curves. 
    Thanks for the info. 2nd RS then? I might jist tune the 911 seeing as though im half way there with it
    TomTurbo said:
    Let's rock this @mikasa! You might need some more upgrades though, seen some more maxed hands.

@TomTurbo Nice to meet in game! Yes I try to hang in there, but probably will lose to maxed hands :) I'm short of free yellow cards at the moment, but I will get some at least when the patch arrives and 200SX and Swift Rally goes class up.
    sinner said:
    Thanks for the info. 2nd RS then? I might jist tune the 911 seeing as though im half way there with it
    RS is very good! For this event another Carrera 4 would be good also.
  • BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CometDan said:
    mikes said:
    So is this for the GT3 with slick tires I assume? 
    I presume so, it’s the only Merc prize car
    Its getting off road tires tho  :p
    No but seriously, who really wants a car with slicks ? We all know how rare it is that hutch has a nice dry asphalt track to race on. Anyhow....
    Thanks for the info. Event entered. Looks like I’m in there with @joeng and a possibly a few other forumers. I’m on a 14hr flight any minute so will be
    offline for a good chunk of this event. Hopefully I’ll stay high enough to push for top 2 or top 10 when travels are done. Good luck all!
    What does the best tune for the RS seem to be? I have one almost maxed and can tune another if needed. I might go 033 and 330 if it’s a good drag car. Haven’t done enough comparative testing in B class. Is the Martini better on straights?
    mikasa said:
    TomTurbo said:

@TomTurbo Nice to meet in game! Yes I try to hang in there, but probably will lose to maxed hands :) I'm short of free yellow cards at the moment, but I will get some at least when the patch arrives and 200SX and Swift Rally goes class up.
    @mikasa I think top2 is secured. We can farm and sometimes push down number 3
    tichoblin said:
    @mikasa I think top2 is secured. We can farm and sometimes push down number 3
    @tichoblin Yes we do well. We have quite similar hands btw.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the best tune for the RS seem to be? I have one almost maxed and can tune another if needed. I might go 033 and 330 if it’s a good drag car. Haven’t done enough comparative testing in B class. Is the Martini better on straights?
    I've had good success with the RS on straights. Mine's only 2.3/1.3/1.3. Someone in my bracket has one 321: it's 174, 4.1, 91.
    My Turbo Martini (1.3 across the board) just beat a 911 Carrera 4 (1.3 for all as well) on rainy 1 mile.
    I'm trying to decide if I want to dump cash and cars into upgrading Porsches or not. I feel like I'd be better off focusing on Mercs, as I have a lot more of them to work with. I feel like I'm in decent shape if the Merc stuff turns out to be offroad given the Merc lineup I mentioned earlier in the thread. All I'd really want would be that GL 350 (4WD/All-surface) tier 2 reward. 

@Thephenomsprint I’m trying to stay top 10 if possible. Would appreciate any help since my hand isn’t that great. 
    edited January 2018
    Huacanacha said:
    RS is very good on drags and fast/twisty circuits (great m.r.a. and low weight) and it is not bad on karting tracks either. I have one upgraded and its 321, but I don't remember if I have faced fully upgraded Turbo Martini yet, so cannot really say which one is better...
    How certain is everybody that prelims will be offroad? I agree that the prize cars seem to imply that, just wanna know if people think it's a good idea to start upgrading 4WD Mercs
    How certain is everybody that prelims will be offroad? I agree that the prize cars seem to imply that, just wanna know if people think it's a good idea to start upgrading 4WD Mercs
    I’d probably wait until the actual event shows up. But if you can afford it I’d maybe upgrade a b/c class 4wd merc to make the bottom part of my hand stronger. Then if it is off-road then I’d start to upgrade the big guns. 

Im holding out hope semi finals will be off-road the. The finals on road w/maybe 1-2 off-road tracks per set. 
  • DomesticMDomesticM Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    Let's see how long this lasts for  :s
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of packs will place 1-2 and 3-10 be rewarded?