Skip to content

Uncommon - On Patrol

Comments

• bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prex said:
    How comes the blue STD Ranger is that good at hill climb? I mean that gap is hugh. Isn’t the Defender second with 35.06?
    Has the wrong tyres for dirt too . 
    It's a oddity . 
    If the track set slips in wet dirt or corners it soon fall apart mind but that's once in a blue moon
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    Sprinter: Impala 330 (10rq)
    dry twisty stuff: Fiesta 303 (7rq)
    Hill climber: Ranger 330 (8rq)
    Twisty dirt stuff: Pathfinder 303 (10rq) and ASX 303(10rq).

I think this a very strong and balanced hand. Changing the ASX and Fiesta (total rq17) is possible but I didn’t like the available off road options at RQ 8 and 9. What is everyone running?
    Well, you can see my hand now. Not the most optimal hand, but was the best I could make with my available upgraded cars, and ranked 2 below you so it will do for the moment.
    Just upgrading an Vauxhall Nova RQ7 now to switch with the DS.
  • DeserTDeserT Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    Sprinter: Impala 330 (10rq)
    dry twisty stuff: Fiesta 303 (7rq)
    Hill climber: Ranger 330 (8rq)
    Twisty dirt stuff: Pathfinder 303 (10rq) and ASX 303(10rq).

I think this a very strong and balanced hand. Changing the ASX and Fiesta (total rq17) is possible but I didn’t like the available off road options at RQ 8 and 9. What is everyone running?
    That’s similar to what I started with - just swap the Fiesta for Smart Roadster or Silvia. I’m now running the RQ8 Patrol and a higher level twisty asphalt car just to vexe Samagoichi ;)
    Silvias lose to Fiesta, only Datsun and Smart beat it but they are low height. Still you win 3 tracks and concede the city track, it is possible, but personally I hate to concede any trackset.
    RQ8 patrol (or Ranger) loses only by 50 vs ASX? If so then you get a solid win vs everyone as long as you run a Nissan, eg Pulsar.
  • DeserTDeserT Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    Well, you can see my hand now. Not the most optimal hand, but was the best I could make with my available upgraded cars, and ranked 2 below you so it will do for the moment.
    Just upgrading an Vauxhall Nova RQ7 now to switch with the DS.
    We all get a ceramic so no problem haha. Feel free to beat me if you can, I want to farm but I don’t want to end up with 1000 points in an Uncommon event :-)

• JacoJaco Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding your amount of losses, I think you have quite found the unbeatable hand. I will give it a try. Otherwise you loose your points to 3rd or 4th player in the end. As you said, ceramic for both of us is sealed.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CometDan he's pulling ahead ! I got you with a couple and lost them on purpose.  
    Feel free to hit me. 
    I'm sure I can still fin top ten sonlets not let him win 
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    @CometDan he's pulling ahead ! I got you with a couple and lost them on purpose.  
    Feel free to hit me. 
    I'm sure I can still fin top ten sonlets not let him win 
    Hologram man certainly is a competitive wotsit. I can only beat him on one set now. Don’t worry about beating him, the pack is all that matters, thanks for the gifts though
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Your strategy lacks Clarity. ;)

Still besting you on the 1/2 mile despite higher 0-60 and 100MPH limiter. Hehe. 
    Haha yeah who would have thought that this car was so good lol.  This car was an automatic sell for me before.  Think i'm gonna keep the next one. 

This event cost me way too many IGC by upgrading all kind of dumb cars. I will have them for another event in the futur I guess. 

Nice win  :) I don't see how I could beat you with the time left. Gonna try to make some space for  @GilTrucks he's  now out of top 10. 
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my hand, currently comfortably in first.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the hand I finally settled on, which currently has me at a 200pt lead

• prexprex Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I am using this since today’s morning. But my league seems to be settled; no one is upgrading his hand.

• HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these winning hands in other groups that look like easy pickings for me ;)

This event has given me an idea a of the types of lower RQ cars (not max RQ for class) I would like to collect. Now to keep saving for my next 160 garage slots...
    Free 3 stars for a limited time only on 2 track sets @samagoichi ;)
    All these winning hands in other groups that look like easy pickings for me ;)
    What is your hand?  I believe there is no "perfect" hand.  With a limited RQ, I think each leaderboard gravitates towards a certain players setup and everyone tries to build their hand to win around that.

Yes agreed. I don’t think I have the perfect hand as in part it depends what your opponents are running. The ASX seems king of the twisty off road. Ranger is king of the climb. I’ve kept the Impala in as there are drags on 3 of the 4 sets. The other cars I’ve changed up to fit around that.
    edited March 2018
    Agreed.  I wish I had an ASX.

What is the hill climb time for the blue ranger?  The red '87 Patrol is currently ruling my leaderboard, which makes the points boost from it that much nicer.
    33.06 I think. It’s on page 1 or 2 of this thread.
    33.06 for the Ranger @HeissRod

Free 3 stars for a limited time only on 2 track sets @samagoichi ;)
     :D 
    I should add: in addition to the daily ;)
    So beautiful!

edited March 2018
    A thing of beauty.

Looks like you have me beat though. ;)
    33.06 for the Ranger @HeissRod 
    Dang!  My 330 Patrol is only 36.33.
  • DannyDanny Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭
    Fun event. Enjoyed this one, especially as no one in my event realised just how good that blue ranger is on hill climb

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow @grandvache amazing pulls... lucky man :D
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staggered tbh.  My garage has **** all depth, but I can now rock a full hand of legendaries.  

Eek.

That's what at least one ceramic every day since September / October will do I guess.
    I ended up pulling another C18 Boxster from my 1st-place win Ceramic, then bought another Ceramic and pulled a B20 Impreza WRX.  That should be nice and helpful during the next 90s event. :)
    I'm staggered tbh.  My garage has **** all depth, but I can now rock a full hand of legendaries.  

Eek.

That's what at least one ceramic every day since September / October will do I guess.
    I just need to start pulling useful Legends. 17 Legendaries and 3-4 of them useful outside of niche events. Meh. Throw me a Chiron or a Macan (actually just a Chiron will do) pseudo-random number generator!
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did pretty well in this event, with this hand:

The Ranger was unstoppable on the Hill Climb. The Impala SS427 a straight line beast.
    Ended up switching that DS 5 in and out, but not really finding anything that worked for that slot.