Change the end of event times.

TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been asking this for months. The events end at 6am here. There's no way I'm gonna get up before that to finish events.
I suggest this, a change to 3pm GMT. This way the majority of people can enjoy the events.
Points that prove me:
When it is 3pm GMT:
  • The whole of North America (except for Alaska) have it between 7-10am
  • South American players get them ended at 10am-12pm
  • UK, Portuguese and West African players get theirs ended at 3pm.
  • The whole of Europe (Excluding Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Mother Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey) can watch their event end at 4pm.
  • Countries mentioned above in bold, in addition to players in the western Middle East (Syria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon), Egyptian, Libyan and South African players get pushed back to a 5pm finish.
  • Players from Western Russia (Glorious Soviet Russia), Most of Middle East excluding Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Oman and East African players have a great 6pm end time.
  • Countries mentioned in the above point that is highlighted in bold and some French colonies in the Indian ocean have before dinner to complete their quest for a 1-2 finish, that is, a finish at 7pm.
  • Everyone on the longitude from Iran to Burma (excluding China) have a steady end time of 6:30pm-9:30pm.
  • Chinese, South East Asians, Mongolians, Western Australians, and some Russians have a great time, before sleep, at 10-11pm.
  • North Koreans get their exclusivity, being the only ones on GMT +8.30, gets an end time of 11:30.
  • South Koreans, Japanese, Australians living in the Outback gets a very late time of 12am.
  • Eastern Russians, Eastern Aussies, Papua New Guineans and Micronesians need some preparations for a 1am finish.
  • Sorry New Zealanders, you get a 3am finish. Still, better than BLOODY 6AM
A detailed map of GMT time zones:
http://www.eclipsegeeks.com/communities/3/004/009/983/113//images/4569743367.jpg
Guys, if anyone of you ever lives in the middle of the Pacific, do disagree me. 
But for those who don't, why should you?

Comments

• joel24joel24 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    7pm in oman and UAE 
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joel24 said:
    7pm in oman and UAE 
    Yes. 7pm in Oman, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a lot of players are not students... maybe work and can't use the phone at work ffor playing.... if they change the end event.. i enter last 5 minutes and don't play anymore this game...
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the whole of the EU / USA gets to have the event end during the working day when most people can't play properly?  

There is no time that suits everyone.  Moving the time is only going to upset people.  The only way to solve the problem is to have start times adjusted form time zone to time zone, but even that probably comes with a bunch of problems (otherwise it would probably have been done already).

I'd guess that a 6am finish would suit more people than you'd think. There seems a fairly large number of gamer dad's here, we're more than likely up anyhow.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one question... i play only with european players or with US and Asian players? because if there are server for time zone, we need like Grandvache says different times for differents time zone...  and no disputes for change the times events
    Everybody targets a 6-12pm finish. We should have individual servers, one for the USA, one for Europe and one for Australasia.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just leave it as it is. Hutch are British and therefore we brits should benefit. 
    Where's @grandvache when you need him lol
    Just leave it as it is. Hutch are British and therefore we brits should benefit. 
    Remember: Hong Kong was a British colony.
    and Yes. North Korea do get GMT +8.5.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, the weekly “can we get a new start/finish time Hutch?” thread, how I’ve missed it. Hutch have said time and again that 10pm GMT is the busiest time in the game, that’s why it’s set at that. It’s never going to be set that will suit everyone. 
  • ZotZeZotZe Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why every week again the same discussion? 
    At least brackets are made for different Time Zones, so already all have the same endtime,  all is fair.

Point 
    ZotZe said:
    Why every week again the same discussion? 
    At least brackets are made for different Time Zones, so already all have the same endtime,  all is fair.

Point 
    Yeh indeed, it’s not great for people’s events to end at 6am or whatever and that sucks but it’s the same for everyone in their event. 
    edited March 2018
    You guys don't get it. You guys get the best possible finishing time.
    Please, Really? It's like the Queen of Britain blaming poor people who complain about too much tax.
    Ahh, the weekly “can we get a new start/finish time Hutch?” thread, how I’ve missed it. Hutch have said time and again that 10pm GMT is the busiest time in the game, that’s why it’s set at that. It’s never going to be set that will suit everyone. 
    ...and how might you think it is the busiest time? That's because the events are scheduled for the end there. Even an hour move forward will benefit hundreds of thousands. You don't get it, it's a problem that only when you travel to non-beneficial places will you understand. I'm not sure about this, but a long time ago events end at 7am. That was great. Why don't you do this Hutch?
    Does an hour moving forward really compensate your daily schedule? It is 10pm currently GMT for the end times, you will still be able to fight for positions even if it ends at 11. It doesn't give us a competitive edge. It doesn't help. The only people I think are gonna be affected are the Indians, pushing their time from 7 down to 6. But compare the number of people benefited to the people that are affected? Do the math.
    Moving the time is only going to upset people.
    It already upsets me.
    TGPD said:
    ...and how might you think it is the busiest time? That's because the events are scheduled for the end there. Even an hour move forward will benefit hundreds of thousands. You don't get it, it's a problem that only when you travel to non-beneficial places will you understand. I'm not sure about this, but a long time ago events end at 7am. That was great. Why don't you do this Hutch?
    Does an hour moving forward really compensate your daily schedule? It is 10pm currently GMT for the end times, you will still be able to fight for positions even if it ends at 11. It doesn't give us a competitive edge. It doesn't help. The only people I think are gonna be affected are the Indians, pushing their time from 7 down to 6. But compare the number of people benefited to the people that are affected? Do the math.
    I do get it, it’s you that doesn’t.
    It’s not my opinion, I’ll reiterate for you what Hutch have said numerous times, 10pm GMT is the busiest time for the game, that hasn’t changed when start/finish times have been altered and so that’s why it has been set at that. It’s not my opinion it’s what Hutch have said, whether you or I like it is irrelevant. I have sympathy for people with bad start/finish times, I do, but you’ll just have to suck it up. 
    Whatever. Do whatever you want, mate. I give up.
    TGPD said:
    Whatever. Do whatever you want, mate. I give up.
    :smiley:

I don’t make up the rules fella sorry. 
    Okay. New edit. Make the times 11pm GMT. Okay?
    Fine by me. 
    edited March 2018
    To Hutch:
    Really useful change:
    make the start/end time of the event on 11pm GMT.
    no plzzzz. I cant take 3:00 am. on behalf of all of middle east.
    TGPD said:
    Remember: Hong Kong was a British colony.
    and so was most of the world
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The empire wasn't for our benefit, it was for theirs.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, those guys who have time zones that suit them will disagree again, because the suggestion does not affect them positively.

But having events ending at 5am everyday does not suit me and so I am bringing it up again 

I keep losing tier 1 several times a week and losing the extra gold that comes with it. Maybe as much as 500 gold a week. It is infuriating that we don't yet have a system to solve this Hutch. You tried a different event start/finish time.... once.

There has to be a better way to manage this, where events either start and finish according to regional time zones or we change event times for everyone every so often.

In my bracket there are asian players who will end at 7 or 8 am.  The longer this goes on, the more advantage they have over me, the better their garages get and the bigger the disparity. 

Please hutch. Make it fair for all. Nothing needs to be permanent, but trying a different time just once isn't doing anything meaningful.

Just have events start at different times on occasiona so that it is fair for everyone.

• Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:

• South Koreans, Japanese, Australians living in the Outback gets a very late time of 12am.
    • Eastern Russians, Eastern Aussies, Papua New Guineans and Micronesians need some preparations for a 1am finish.

So most Aussies and all New Zealanders get screwed because you don't want to wake up at 6am.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    No thanks. I like my 9am finishes.
    See that's what I mean. You guys like your times, but we don't like ours. So day after day, we get screwed. I'm not asking for a permanent change to suit us, just variety.

Why should one time zone get screwed every day. It's disappointing that in such a well-knit community people still can't come around on making it fair. 

And it is 5am, which means waking at 4.30