Has the game been crashing for everyone recently or the fault is in my phone?

Just when the events were about to end tonight (10pm UK time), the game started crashing and dropping me out. Did this happen to everyone or it was just me?

PS I'm writing from my laptop, if you're wondering how I could publish this discussion.

Comments

• SquadalaSquadala Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    No it's not your fault. The game is buggy at the moment. It's random and insanely frustrating.
  • Dale96Dale96 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    Yes this happened with my iPad 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here
  • dpx37dpx37 Posts: 14
    Squadala said:
    It's random and insanely frustrating.
    Unfortunately that is the fact at the moment. :/
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crashes for me.

Android latest
    edited March 2018
    Ok Hutch, it's been a week, how about fixing this?
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    The game used to crash all the time for me months ago, then they did some big fixes and it was great. 

But yes, over the last week or so, I have had a few drop outs, and they cost me losses against opponents that I have a better hand than which is annoying. Never happens against hands that I can see they will beat, lol. 

Believe me though, it is 100000000000% more stable than it was a few months ago. So I can live with the occasional drop out so long as it doesn’t cost me a top tier place ;)
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for this. There does not seem to be a wider issue and some of these isolated crashes do not appear to be connected. If possible, and if you can log into the game, it would be very useful if you can contact our support team through the in-game menu. This way we can get a bit more info about your account and device and hopefully identify the issues, and see if there is a common factor.
  • XA2XA2 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I reinstalled the game, and for now is working without problem... I contacted support and told me to do so, as I have plenty free space, latest OS and no apps running in the background... So this was the other possible solution
  • Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Posts: 77 Mod
    Hey Guys

I've been digging into this issue a bit - if someone who has experienced it could say which screen they were on when the game crashed, that would be really useful!

Thanks!
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me when the game crash... i was in various screen... home screen, event screen and during i choice my cars for a race in pvp...
  • XA2XA2 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    It happened to me in any screen and in less than a minute since the game started (so no time to race or contact support when it was happening) and then, some time later I could play, and contact support. My feeling was the game started lagging and freezing in the last seconds before it pushed me to my Android home screen. Im on Android 8.0 and have still plenty of free memory. Hope this info can be useful! 
  • Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Posts: 77 Mod
    Thanks for the info guys. We'll keep investigating. In the next update we are putting in the support to send us back lots more logging when these types of crashes occur. So we should be able to identify the cause of these things more quickly in future.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On mine it'll happn after about 20-30 seconds of having it open. Doesn't matter what screen.
    Clearing the cache and the game data sometimes helps. The game's stored data constantly rises to close on 500mb.
    The game have a memory leak Hutch. When you log in into the game, the game consumes the all the RAM until the game shuts down.
    Game crashes at any screen after -Start the game- menu screen. Try to "minimize" the game after you start it and look at the RAM.
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    For me the recent drop outs have always been at the exact same point. 

Ive selected to play a hand, I select the opponent, I select my full hand and as it goes to start the race I get the spinning circle for a while then the error. 

It it happens whether I’m on wifi or phone network, so I thought it may have been the connection, and maybe it is, but I don’t think so. 

Will definitely try and screen shot the error message I get. Again, it’s not a constant thing for me, maybe 3 times over the last 2 weeks?  It did result in me getting my first loss in the Lotus Finals then Eric Shih took care of the rest of the losses, lol!
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    It just happened to me today for the first time. I've been playing for a long time and never happened to me before. I'm on Android 6.0.1 and it happened when I was opening my daily event pack.
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to get into my holding pool, then the game crashed and I'm stuck at this screen (Android 7.0) 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I cleared all data and started the app and now it's working just fine.