General Discussion

The New Trophy System

Comments

• NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn’t the new trophy system to me , if impleted since the beginning every player would have been in their pool but with the smurfing it will take time for everyone to reach them ... they should have reset all trophies with the update... maybe it’s better for some , like me who climb +1000 in 1day , to come back in a few weeks... cant even seek aluminium in daily now
  • stvhanstvhan Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    My opinion
    I do not think that the trophy count at the daily event is significant.Whether the trophy will be + 50 after winning the daily event or + 500, it is meaningless for people to have many trophies already. It is just a number. If you win every day after winning the first place, you'll be more likely to have a good car than any other person, and in the end, only the person who always wins will continue to win over time. Then it will become increasingly polarized later on. That way, people will have no reason to play the game. Is it fun to get only plastic bags each day?It is not funny and people will eventually leave. Or they will spend a fortune to catch up with the difference. Does Hutch want people to spend a lot of money?
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    This Lotus event killed me at the end , i gain 1000 trophies and now i have +3000 ... at 2000 i was winning all events (won all lotus 3 rounds (2nd in final)) but now i barely reach top10 in daily... something wrong here , even winning all events was wrong , never won multiple events in a row before trophy update ...
    complain... complain... wait to reach 6k or 7k.... LOL
    3k trophy are too low for your garage :P as you there are others players that they must improve their trophy....

• stvhanstvhan Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    And why do you get the best prize money when it's a game based on real data? Aren't second and third place important? In the real world, even in the race, both 1st and 2nd place winners are ranked on the podium, where only 1st or 2nd place wins the good prize. And then what about number three? You can't see the light? I think it is better to expand the range of cash prizes, or to differentiate the prize money into gold or cache as all of the prize money earned in the ranking.
    yep and maybe add more prizes for trophies step, prizes for month or weekly trophy earned... players need something to improve garage and be competitive... now we smurf/smarf and try to clean table prizes.. so only few people compete for little events...  or hutch need to rivisited the matchmaking...
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could also add, I was expecting disagrees to my post above that was obvious but could I ask those that did disagree with my post, have you actually got a valid reason? 
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    I’m bored watching my trophies to be honest. I’ve now made a deliberate decision to play as before and win everything I can, except I’m more reserved into upgrading cars if I see that my chances are slim.
    Since the update I’ve been winning all RQ limited and lower-ish events and won tier one in all lotus event so now I will step into the 6k club; what’s the worse that will happen? Not been able to compete in dailies? I can’t do that even now.
    Bottom line I wanna have fun. If I have to constantly watch not to win and get trophies that’s not fun. If on the other hand I get into groups where I have no chance to be competitive that’s not fun also but I’ll deal with it when that time comes and I trust Hutch will be monitoring and adjusting the system accordingly.
    Well said.

The majority of these bleeding heart posts are basically saying

“I win most of the time because I smurf all the time and I’ve got a superior garage to new players who I can dominate in events that I want to win, why can’t I keep doing this? it’s unfair on me that Hutch should put me in with people that can compete on a level field with me, If I gain more trophies I won’t even win my daily event every day!! it’s not fair on me”

It really is pathetic guys, you took advantage of a loophole to get ahead in the game, it’s over, get a grip, stop complaining and play the game like it should have been from the start. 
    For someone who invest 4-5k, if not more, in a game, I don’t think there’s anything wrong to complain when the latter system has turned their heads against to those who’ve spent 30-40K. Same as how hutch got complains from those f2p in the first place to say their hand isn’t good enough to compete against someone who spends money in the first place. What’s the point of having in game purchases if it doesn’t bring you benefits? Would you spend money still? And if the game only tells you after that you’ve invested, that you should either double the amount or go home, what would you feel? 

This is not about a loophole of a game anymore, if what’s been there made users to invest because it seemed easy, it’s called a trap, to lure your investment. If the game has been like this since the beginning, maybe people wouldn’t have spent this much and wouldn’t have complained. 
    mauro07 said:
    yep and maybe add more prizes for trophies step, prizes for month or weekly trophy earned... players need something to improve garage and be competitive... now we smurf/smarf and try to clean table prizes.. so only few people compete for little events...  or hutch need to rivisited the matchmaking...
    I agree with you, maybe a prize for gaining trophies would be the way to go, Hutch have said this is only the beginning of creating a fairer matchmaking system. 
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    I won my first daily yesterday...  I thank these changes for that in a way.  I’ll no longer see Miel or Gilberto in normal events (I haven’t seen them at all in the past month)
    jczero said:
    DeserT said:
    I’m bored watching my trophies to be honest. I’ve now made a deliberate decision to play as before and win everything I can, except I’m more reserved into upgrading cars if I see that my chances are slim.
    Since the update I’ve been winning all RQ limited and lower-ish events and won tier one in all lotus event so now I will step into the 6k club; what’s the worse that will happen? Not been able to compete in dailies? I can’t do that even now.
    Bottom line I wanna have fun. If I have to constantly watch not to win and get trophies that’s not fun. If on the other hand I get into groups where I have no chance to be competitive that’s not fun also but I’ll deal with it when that time comes and I trust Hutch will be monitoring and adjusting the system accordingly.
    Well said.

“I win most of the time because I smurf all the time and I’ve got a superior garage to new players who I can dominate in events that I want to win, why can’t I keep doing this? it’s unfair on me that Hutch should put me in with people that can compete on a level field with me, If I gain more trophies I won’t even win my daily event every day!! it’s not fair on me”

It really is pathetic guys, you took advantage of a loophole to get ahead in the game, it’s over, get a grip, stop complaining and play the game like it should have been from the start. 
    For someone who invest 4-5k, if not more, in a game, I don’t think there’s anything wrong to complain when the latter system has turned their heads against to those who’ve spent 30-40K. Same as how hutch got complains from those f2p in the first place to say their hand isn’t good enough to compete against someone who spends money in the first place. What’s the point of having in game purchases if it doesn’t bring you benefits? Would you spend money still? And if the game only tells you after that you’ve invested, that you should either double the amount or go home, what would you feel? 

This is not about a loophole of a game anymore, if what’s been there made users to invest because it seemed easy, it’s called a trap, to lure your investment. If the game has been like this since the beginning, maybe people wouldn’t have spent this much and wouldn’t have complained. 
    Come off it, you don’t go into these games blind, the person that spends the most, wins the most, with an added small touch of luck added too. Find a level you can compete at fairly and see what matchmaking changes are implemented. 
    jczero said:
    DeserT said:
    Well said.

Come off it, you don’t go into these games blind, the person that spends the most, wins the most, with an added small touch of luck added too. Find a level you can compete at fairly and see what matchmaking changes are implemented. 
    I never said I don’t like competitive challenges, but then it’s the matchmaking they have to fix, not the trophy system since it’s messed up already. Hutch has all of our data and they couldn’t find who’s competitive at what level and just group us to it? Now it’s just making the majority uncomfortable and letting ourselves to choose what path to take, which still doesnt solve the problem. 
    we need to wait how the new system work... but a lot of players take big advantages with smurfing and win medium and big prizes... and now, the same players, complain...

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    DeserT said:
    Forgot to add, Hutch needs to give an incentive for higher trophies, eg an idea is a ladder of some sorts, where every month or something you get a reward based on your trophies and you trophies reset to certain hard levels. 
    an INCREDIBLY good point. Why is people smurfing? Just to keep their trophies low. Why? They think that that could match them against bad players. With a reward system implemented e.g. 5000 trophies: 1 free ceramic, 10000 trophies: 1 free ceramic every month.. You get what I'm saying. Smurfing will cease to exist, although farming might continue.

• DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

will be hard to solve the problem, as only up to 10%  ever get the top prize on offer. If top garages have been used to being in a league with those way below due to the low trophy count and now find themselves all lumped together they will start to feel like the rest of the 90% of players.....

mauro07 said:
    we need to wait how the new system work... but a lot of players take big advantages with smurfing and win medium and big prizes... and now, the same players, complain...

How would you tell? I won my 1st prize car in the lotus and almost never won a tier 1 prize before March. This is my 5 months playing and I’m a 1.3k € soft p2w, imagine how would those who’ve invested more feel like if they haven’t won as much as me and been that tier2/3 guy despite inputting more money? What would you call that? Bad luck and go play another game?
    TGPD said:
    DeserT said:
    Forgot to add, Hutch needs to give an incentive for higher trophies, eg an idea is a ladder of some sorts, where every month or something you get a reward based on your trophies and you trophies reset to certain hard levels. 
    an INCREDIBLY good point. Why is people smurfing? Just to keep their trophies low. Why? They think that that could match them against bad players. With a reward system implemented e.g. 5000 trophies: 1 free ceramic, 10000 trophies: 1 free ceramic every month.. You get what I'm saying. Smurfing will cease to exist, although farming might continue.

How does your reward system stand even on one foot? Explain to me. If you increase enourmously the trophy amount is just like inflating a currency, you make it smaller but people can still gap themselves. 

will be hard to solve the problem, as only up to 10%  ever get the top prize on offer. If top garages have been used to being in a league with those way below due to the low trophy count and now find themselves all lumped together they will start to feel like the rest of the 90% of players.....

Before I started investing in this game, I was always that average tier2/3 guy, all prize cars would pass me by, maybe I should remained that so I’d have nothing to complain and Hutch would be better off without my money. World peace. 
  • RysioRysio Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    XA2 said:
    Now Im over 6000 and daily event is mayhem... I cant be even in tier 2... And I dont think my hand is too bad, although Im missing bugatties which everyone else in the league has, together with other maxed S cars... Welcome to hell. 
    I'm sorry to hear that mate.I can give you my first place in Valley of the sun.I'm always here to help you guys.I will drop to the bottom before event ends.lol
    aahhh....investing in a game that does not give monetary rewards is always a fatal mistake, whatever you spend is lost never to be seen again. you just have to decide how much you want to pay for your fix of tablet fun
    aahhh....investing in a game that does not give monetary rewards is always a fatal mistake, whatever you spend is lost never to be seen again. you just have to decide how much you want to pay for your fix of tablet fun
    I doubt TD or HUTCH would have existed with this mentality, maybe a good way to solve this is separate all paid players with all fre players, no grey area, and everyone’s happy. 
  • XA2XA2 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    Rysio said:
    XA2 said:
    Now Im over 6000 and daily event is mayhem... I cant be even in tier 2... And I dont think my hand is too bad, although Im missing bugatties which everyone else in the league has, together with other maxed S cars... Welcome to hell. 
    I'm sorry to hear that mate.I can give you my first place in Valley of the sun.I'm always here to help you guys.I will drop to the bottom before event ends.lol
    Dont worry mate, Im just farming, but not really interested in tier 1, dont want extra trophies for that extra gold and cash... These prizes are not worth it for me
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,366 admin
    @DrizztSalvatore Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, I look at it in a different light.  It is called "entertainment dollar".  THat is the amount of money you spend on your entertainment and happiness.  If you look at other things that most people spend money on to entertain themselves, you will see that it is a whole lot more than spending a few buck on a game that most of the people here on the forum play every day and spend hours upon hours entertaining themselves with.  The game and the forum, that is.

What does it cost to go have a few drinks at a bar/pub?  How about going to see a movie?  What is the residual value of either of those?   If I get some cars in a cards pack, at least I can use them over and over or fuse them into another car to use over and over. 

I am just saying.. what people spend to entertain themselves is a variable only quantified by the individual.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Gsearch said:
    @DrizztSalvatore Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, I look at it in a different light.  It is called "entertainment dollar".  THat is the amount of money you spend on your entertainment and happiness.  If you look at other things that most people spend money on to entertain themselves, you will see that it is a whole lot more than spending a few buck on a game that most of the people here on the forum play every day and spend hours upon hours entertaining themselves with.  The game and the forum, that is.

What does it cost to go have a few drinks at a bar/pub?  How about going to see a movie?  What is the residual value of either of those?   If I get some cars in a cards pack, at least I can use them over and over or fuse them into another car to use over and over. 

I am just saying.. what people spend to entertain themselves is a variable only quantified by the individual.
    Uhhh...what? People are spending thousands of "entertainment dollars" to get on top of the others. Hutch should not coerce people into buying stuff, especially by matching them with higher paying players. But sadly this is just not happening and will never happen, but I'm not gonna blame it all on Hutch. Almost all modern game manufacturers do this. It is called "Making a Profit" and "Doing a Business". 
    what people spend to entertain themselves is a variable only quantified by the individual.

Yeah, I agree. It's just that Hutch (ethically) should not glorify and justify this behaviour as their reasons for changing a part that could benefit themselves at the risk of the free-to-lower-paying people.

• RysioRysio Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    XA2 said:
    Rysio said:
    XA2 said:
    Dont worry mate, Im just farming, but not really interested in tier 1, dont want extra trophies for that extra gold and cash... These prizes are not worth it for me
    I know mate.Suddenly no one want to win events.That's insane!Lol
    I have never came across game like this before.Players don't want to win top prize.
    Gsearch said:

Sorry, think you got wrong end of my post, I don't mind paying to play this game as it is like buying a PS4 game or any other form of entertainment. It is some people using the term "investing" that is wrong...  you don't invest when you go to the pub or pictures etc etc ...The better the entertainment you derive from a game will no doubt cost more, as a player you decide what level you want to play at, a lot of the negative posts on here are because players are no longer winning prize packs or Epic/legendary cars because they are in harder leagues....well not everyone can be a winner, it is only a game.
  • XA2XA2 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    Rysio said:
    XA2 said:
    Rysio said:
    XA2 said:
    I know mate.Suddenly no one want to win events.That's insane!Lol
    I have never came across game like this before.Players don't want to win top prize.
    I know, it is amazing... I know it may be difficult to solve this and keep most of us happy, but it is so wrong right now... I think it is better to remove completely trophy points for now until a better mechsnism can be implemented