New Environment Discussion

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,
We are currently moving on from PL 3.5, towards PL 4.0. We've had some great feedback on current environments within the game.
It would also be good to get your thoughts on potential future environments, the unique challenge they might offer and anything else you think they would bring to the game.
Let's discuss!

Comments

• GsearchGsearch Posts: 2,475 admin
    Ok, just to keep from being confused, are we talking tracks?
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    different tracks (challenges) might appear in different environments.
    I think a braking track would be a nice addition.  zero to 100 to zero.. err wait.. uhhh Naught to 100- to naught?

I also think that a trophy truck style track system would be incredible. 

The rally cross type tracks are would be interesting to play around with.  Tarmac, dirt, jumps.. all on the same track.

I have also considered a "Race until you lose" type challenge.  In this situation, you would race for rewards up the ladder gaining prizes along the way.  Each level getting higher and higher.  Quit when you feel like you can't win any longer.  If you go to far and lose, you lose the prizes you have earned.  I have seen this type of setup used in other games..  even Hutch games.  The big deal with this is that your cars will eventually need to go to garage for maintenance so you will need a diverse garage to keep moving forward.

• joel24joel24 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    maybe water in tracks? no? nvm. I've mentioned about it before. but I got lols .
    I was talking about something like a river cross in a dry track . I understand the rain situation .
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenges.

The slalom course but where you drive straight, do the u-turn and drive straight back. 

Tug of war? Two cars chained up pulling on each other. 

• mikesmikes Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Environments:

A Giant superspeedway. Could have superspeedway races, ‘roval’ races (oval combined with infield track), figure eight races, small oval races, small road course races, drag races, etc. 

Mountain Course - lots of twisty course with elevation, downhill switchback races, up hill races, etc. 
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭
    Outer space with Zero G? Just kidding!

if we’re putting ideas out there, how about a freeway track with AI cars that our cars have to dodge. So speed and grip have to come into affect. Might be too hard, or impractical but would be fun to watch!
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hillclimb ideas...
    Make one like the Goodwood one, with all kinds of twists and turns... famous ones, in fact...
    Or touges could be nice... some Japanese drifting action...
  • stvhanstvhan Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

All tracks with the opposite direction of departure
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nascar oval, salt flats , replica tracks we can recognise like the topgear track or goodwood and a auto test car park. 

Say hutch off topic, but when you have a manufacture on the books already , and they update there range with new cars as they always do... can you simply add them or do you have to go back to them and ask again for individual cars  ? 
    Wondering how fast you can keep track of new car updates
  • flight4590flight4590 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    Make a new fast circuit.  A long one.  And make it Monza
  • sumiranZ06sumiranZ06 Posts: 14
    I'm thinking salt flat too @bobdylan. Also something like pikes peak.

@sumiranZ06 That was exactly what I was thinking.. Salt flats.  A big desert area for drags racing and 0-100.   You could even do some track style racing with cone setups.
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    An uphill hairpin track. 
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 844 admin
    Some interesting challenge suggestions! What about different environments? What kind of places should we look at representing that would be visually evocative and lend themselves to interesting races?

Currently we have:

- Test Centre (the kind of generic environment we use for most challenges)
    - City
    - Monaco
    - Tokyo
    - Grand Canyon
    - Some single challenge environments like hills, frozen lake, hairpin, twisty road
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Sand & Dirt tracks on the Baja peninsula, ala Baja 1000.
    - Tight gravel and wet dirt roads on the side of mountains, like Brazil or China
    - Snowy downhill courses leading into a town setting, like a ski resort
  • JayJay Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some interesting challenge suggestions! What about different environments? What kind of places should we look at representing that would be visually evocative and lend themselves to interesting races?

Currently we have:

- City
    - Monaco
    - Tokyo
    - Grand Canyon
    - Some single challenge environments like hills, frozen lake, hairpin, twisty road
    How about dirt forest with mud puddles ( for offroad ) and asphalt forest with winding roads and bridges over streams/rivers. 
  • JayJay Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you keep adding different environments having a naming convention would be awesome. Like Tokyo Street 1, Monaco Street 1, NY street 1 Canyon Dirt 1 etc
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭

Currently we have:

- City
    - Monaco
    - Tokyo
    - Grand Canyon

Currently we have:

- City
    - Monaco
    - Tokyo
    - Grand Canyon
    How about some drags over a suspension or normal bridge?

Or seaside/beach environments?

Or drags or slaloms at an airport on the runway?

Currently we have:

- City
    - Monaco
    - Tokyo
    - Grand Canyon
    WRC inspired locations . 

Corsica- tight tight tarmac cliff edge twistys , hair pins uphill and downhill, tight narrow towns. 

Norway - dirt , gravel , snow , tarmac all through Forrest but with YUMPS  

Wales- wet wet wet wet dirt and tarmac look out for sheep. 

Australia - sand dirt yumps 
    Naturally tho in any of them themed locations add a 1 mile tarmac drag strip so the Chiron boys win it 
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    Beach
    maybe something like a complete desert without any actual track with turns, going downhill, like a hill climb and mortorcross mixed together...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really enjoy this...

A single-race DAILY ladder / league competition, where all players are paired off against each other and must play a hand for a set RQ level, and tracks that can be seen (like weekly challenge set up) before you commit.

Both players choose one hand, for one race, without seeing their opponents hand and the winner progresses on to face another player the next day.

Prizes go up for each round you win.