General Discussion

033 Cars

KrasimirDimitrovKrasimirDimitrov Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
Wanted to open a discussion for all the cars that are much better 033, than 303.
I mean that they will win the majority of race types, if fused 033
Please share your thoughts below!
Im starting with Chevrolet Camaro Z28 of course

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERYTHING should be tuned 033
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 033 applies to a lot of S and A class cars as well as a few B class cars. The overwhelming majority of C, D, E and F cars should be 303. It usually the superlights in the lower tiers that work better 033 (Caterhams, Lotus, etc)
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Tell it to MG 6R4 owners:)
    mikes said:
    tichoblin said:
    TGPD said:
    I keep losing with my 033 El Camino. I don't get it...
    You're trash
    mikes said:
    Yeah, 033 applies to a lot of S and A class cars as well as a few B class cars. The overwhelming majority of C, D, E and F cars should be 303. It usually the superlights in the lower tiers that work better 033 (Caterhams, Lotus, etc)
    I know. 303 seems to be the best path for all F's (excluding drag), 033 works on some E's (Orlando, for example) and some D's (Chevette) and a lot of C's. They almost never work for B's (Except Martini), even rain cars like the 303 Legend loses to the 033 Legend. Making a 303 A class? You must either have a good reason (Nooby or rain car) or your mental. 303 S class car? Get out. :smile:
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    mikes said:
    033 for S - is this scientifically prooven or is it based on a fact that 0-60 stays the same when u upgrade S? meaning what about 100-200?
    When you upgrade the engine, it gives you extra oomph but no grip advantage. If you upgrade weight it gives you both but not a lot. In higher power cars the engine and the weight give almost the same straight line speed but the additional grip has advantages in the corners.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Before the weight bug patch (though its still alive in Slalom), I think 303 was dominant in performance?

I recall 303 does well for Fast Track, Twisty Circuit, Hairpin...ever since the patch it can't even beat 033. No?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is different for the all cars though. Some cars, if you upgrade to 033 it is the same stats on the first card, and only a lower weight is gonna make the difference. My 033 datsun really is absolutely pants.

To date i think o have only ever seen it win once against the 303 tune and that is in snow slalom or something. It loses every other race.
    mikes said:
    tichoblin said:
    TGPD said:
    I keep losing with my 033 El Camino. I don't get it...
    Trailblazer? 033.
    El Camino? 033.
    ML 63? 033.
    Honda Beat? 033
    Nissan Patrol Nismo? 033.
    Chevrolet Camaro? 033.
    Ford GT90? 033.
    Lotus 340R? 330.
  • jczerojczero Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    If there’s any tune that’s never wrong would be 330, cuz on a drag race it beats its same kind regardless of the tune, and there’s a drag race pretty much in every event. But this would be applicable only if you have 2 of those cars (C or above), otherwise you’d be without alternatives. Regardless of the class however, 4x4 all surface and off-road tyre remain 303, unless you dream to run an event full of gforce, even that can’t guarantee win for 033s.
  • KrasimirDimitrovKrasimirDimitrov Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    My b class reanult megane 275 trophy, fused 033 just lost to a 303 one on twisty road
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    I would say that there is no right and wrong build ups. Even an "outrageous" tune as a 303 Camaro still wins 033 in both slaloms and few more tracks. Its all about your garage and what holes you expect from every single car you have to fill up. 
    There is no way a camaro tuned for weight and grip ie 033 should lose to a 303. It just doesn't make any sense.  :|
  • KrasimirDimitrovKrasimirDimitrov Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    303 camaro wins only on drags
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    303 camaro wins twisty road wet against 033
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    303 standing: 27.53, rolling: 25.10
    So is the weight bug still considered a bug? Or is this legitimate physics meaning extra weight means extra grip off-road?

I kept losing matches in the Levante finals due to my 996 G55 losing to a 969 tune G55 on the Snow Hill Climb. I must have lost 4-5 before deciding to watch the races and finding out... 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    mikes said:
    They almost never work for B's (Except Martini), even rain cars like the 303 Legend loses to the 033 Legend.
    XFR-S Sportbrake
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    So is the weight bug still considered a bug? Or is this legitimate physics meaning extra weight means extra grip off-road?

I kept losing matches in the Levante finals due to my 996 G55 losing to a 969 tune G55 on the Snow Hill Climb. I must have lost 4-5 before deciding to watch the races and finding out... 
    The same car losing when less upgraded is still a bug:
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/5743/physics-simulation-accuracy
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my M Coupé I recently finished 303. That was really bad 033 is dominant on this car, at least that's what it seems to me so far.
    TGPD said:
    In hindsight, this wasn't the wisest decision I've made.
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    Rip my 699 Caterham that now loses to Furais  :'(
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GT47LM said:
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    Just flick a message to support. They'll change them all if you want them to.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GT47LM said:
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    Rip my 699 Furai that now looses on many track against the 969 Furai.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    You should've known that tuning an el camino 033 was a bad idea
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    You should've known that tuning an el camino 033 was a bad idea
    Yeah? What about a 033 XJ13 losing to a 303 XJ13 on a bloody G-Force track?!