Skip to content

Game is dead

CharlieRCharlieR Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
it is stuck on fetching your garage 'n profile all the time, reinstall does not help. is it only for me?

Comments

• prodnusprodnus Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Server problems at the moment
  • JayJay Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think there is some server issues. Been getting a lot of time outs and server errors.
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, no chance you will get the loses back either.

the fairest solution is that when it times out neither you nor the player you picked (usually that you know you are going to beat) get the win or loss. 

But thats not how how this game works. Ridiculous. 
  • CharlieRCharlieR Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    AWS suks - this would never happen on Azure
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.  Nothing but server errors.
  • vossixvossix Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭
    Why ever in big events  :s
  • ZumZum Posts: 70 ✭✭
    It still doesn‘t work😥
  • BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone automatically gets prize car for the server issues, no need to play anymore.. Just relax and enjoy some family time  ;)
    Bugatti said:
    Everyone automatically gets prize car for the server issues, no need to play anymore.. Just relax and enjoy some family time  ;)
    Lol, I wish!
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d hope for some sort of compensation, maybe a free Porsche ceramic or something like they did with the participation Italy one
  • benbqbenbq Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Happening lots all of a sudden 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst is when you're 11th, the other guy is 10th, and you know for a fact you would win cos you already played that hand against him on the track set...

RobGripes said:

Worst is when you're 11th, the other guy is 10th, and you know for a fact you would win cos you already played that hand against him on the track set...

Screenshot screenshot screenshot. And record videos. I am lol.
    it's a weekend - will they fix it today?
    CharlieR said:
    it's a weekend - will they fix it today?
    Not likely. Same thing happened in the Italy events on the bank day. So I cannot see it happening. Worst thing is. Some people are obviously not having many errors because they are getting wins. 
  • DannyDanny Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭
    I can’t even get on the game, doesn’t let me get my daily reward, crashes when I press collect
    RobGripes said:

Unfortunately I can only hit ‘agree’ once, not 2,634 times. 
  • MirekMirek Posts: 7
    Mine is freezing on daily reward !! Coneone i need do Porsche after night!!
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I go to record to save some proof, and it works just fine. Then I turn off my recorder and I get server error :/
  • vossixvossix Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭
    Mirek said:
    Mine is freezing on daily reward !! Coneone i need do Porsche after night!!
    Same here.

I was 3th in the Carrera event. And now?
    And I don’t can make a screen. I don’t come in the game.
    damn, i was no 1 in both porsche events....
    CharlieR said:
    damn, i was no 1 in both porsche events....
    You should be safe as others will play and fall by losing due to server error. Don't play until issues fixed or you'll lose ranking. 
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone get on?
    It's because of all the late joiners that have come to steal the rewards from people who have been playing constantly for 3 days.
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working now 
    Working for me too
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a rant thread
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 671 admin
    Turns out there was a major outage on Azure (which we use for our servers) that now seems to have recovered.

Bucks73 said:

the fairest solution is that when it times out neither you nor the player you picked (usually that you know you are going to beat) get the win or loss. 

Actually this is to fix an exploit. If it didn't work this way, then if you pick a player and then realise you can't win, you could just quit the game to avoid the loss. If the game somehow remembered you beat them in the same situation, that also creates an incentive to quit the game if you get there and can't remember how you beat them before. 
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Turns out there was a major outage on Azure (which we use for our servers) that now seems to have recovered.

Bucks73 said:

Actually this is to fix an exploit. If it didn't work this way, then if you pick a player and then realise you can't win, you could just quit the game to avoid the loss. If the game somehow remembered you beat them in the same situation, that also creates an incentive to quit the game if you get there and can't remember how you beat them before. 
    Yep, I do remember that now and that’s a fair call

the downside is when this kind of thing happens but I accept you can’t have a solution for everything and this is an app game not a PC or Platform game so point taken and I stand corrected. 
    Hutch_Tim said:

Bucks73 said:

Just out of curiosity. Wouldn't you be able to track the difference between closing the app and an error occuring. For example you already displaying the error message so there must be some form of error handling. That could also be where you throw in the flag to not deduct points. But if no error then deduct points?