Peace out

TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, it has been over a day now and despite Hutch support’s statement that the game would work again after today’s daily, it does not. I still cannot enter the multiplayer events.

This is a good time to say bye bye.

I had a lot of fun as (mostly) F2P for a long time, I have built a garage of way over 1,000 cars and was quite happy to finish Tier 1 in all Super Rare and below events over the past months. The thing I am most proud of is to have collected all Rare and below cars at least in double (save for prize cars and just 3 common fiats given they just came out). Also tons of Super Rare, most of them in double or triple, and quite a few Ultra Rare, including 4 RQ22 911RS for instance.

This is a very intersting mobile game, but in my view it has failed to go beyond that.

Things I will miss:
- Good camaraderie, smart and helpful people on the forum (shout out in no particular order to @CometDan, @LittleEnosBurdette, @Ofirm84, @samagoichi, @TGPD, @grandvache)
- The 10pm prize collection
- Devising a strategy, waiting for cars to upgrade, and executing a perfectly laid out plan (when it works!)
- Hutch communication and inclusion of players about future developments, events and issues

Things I will not miss (now is the time!):
- Never knowing when the next bug/crash will occur
- Exploits and flaws not remedied (audi packs, late joining, match making)
- Extreme P2W concept. To win prize cars you either need to be very rich or spend a very large amount of your personal income
- Abrupt and rude reactionary comments from Hutch staff on the forum, when they are in reality addressing their customers
- @Bugatti’s unreined self-righteousness, effectively endorsed by the mod(s?) and therefore Hutch

Enjoy the game while it lasts, it will have to stop at some point.

Comments

• Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck in life mate
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care dude.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck fella and I hope you reconsider, it will be a shame to lose you to the game and in this way too, even if it did take months for us to recognise TD42792! At least your leaving with that prize car. 👍🏻
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Touchy, touchy..
    X myself? Could you elaborate? You comment on self righteous types while posting an entire thread announcing your retirement from a mobile game. Hmm..

If everyone felt the need to do so the place would be flooded with even more garbage than usual. Nothing personal. 
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,594 admin
    edited June 2018
    Can't Do it.

edited June 2018
    @mikes; Sure, that works. Are you suggesting an aggregate for these threads, much like the introduction thread? Why didn't I think of that! OP told me to 'Fluff' myself for suggesting such a thing. 

*Edit* And flagged me for suggesting it! That's cute. Must be *******************
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that feel the need to announce it to the world, can we not have just ONE dedicated retirement thread? 
    My previous reaction was censored. So let me try and reply to your comment - on the thread I created about me quitting the game after nine months of gaming - in a more polite manner.

I have been playing this game for much longer than you, and have contributed way more than you to this forum (and the game in general). I have posted many strategies, winning hands, tips, helped players get to higher prize tiers, and exchanged on many game development ideas with Hutch staff. As such, some people might be interested to read about some of my thoughts as I leave. It is also a nice feeling to write a closure statement after a major point is turned in one’s life.

Bundling my leaving post with others would actually make this post less visible and take away some of the intended impact. But I will venture to guess that you had written your comment with that exact aim in mind. Your comment is derogatory and insulting. Even worse, the fact that this is explicitely endorsed by the mod on this forum is one of the exact reasons why myself, and others before me, have left the forum and the game. Long gone are the days of @Huacanacha instating a sense of reason to this forum.
    Did I dare suggest I had contributed more than you? Did I challenge your total play hours on a mobile game? Ughh. If everyone made a silly retirement thread the place would be flooded.  

I simply stated that we need a single thread for these self indulgent proclamations. 
    edited June 2018
    @mikes; Sure, that works. Are you suggesting an aggregate for these threads, much like the introduction thread? Why didn't I think of that! OP told me to 'Fluff' myself for suggesting such a thing. 

*Edit* And flagged me for suggesting it! That's cute. Must be that ***************.
    Seriously, mysoginistic comments now? Who are you, in what world do you live?
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Did you miss out on the 918 as well?
    TGPD said:
    What? Did you miss out on the 918 as well?
    You bet I did :)
    Lmao. Are you really SJW white knighting me right now? Mate, theres no women here to impress! I'm going to have to tap out on that one. This is getting a little sad if I'm honest. I'll leave you guys to it, just DONT eat the cracker at the after party ;)
    Lmao. Are you really SJW white knighting me right now? Mate, theres no women here to impress! I'm going to have to tap out on that one. This is getting a little sad if I'm honest. I'll leave you guys to it, just DONT eat the cracker at the after party ;)
    I didnt think I was “SJW white knighting you right then”, not even sure what that means. I was expressing my consternation at the fact your are using such an expression. There were a few ladies on this forum a while back, but they have left. I wonder why...
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TD42792 sad to hear that news, you have made a lot for this forum, and many of us will miss U for sure...
    Your decision was made after upgrading your 918 Spyder 330 and found it has no MRA ?

Anyway, we have been sometimes in the same bracket that was fun.

Hope to see u coming back in the future !
    edited June 2018
    Right. So you are outraged at my use of an expression, DIRECTLY after you told me to "*" myself for suggesting a retirement thread? Your initial post was hypocritical, but that reply was just gold. 
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    For those that feel the need to announce it to the world, can we not have just ONE dedicated retirement thread? 
    My previous reaction was censored. So let me try and reply to your comment - on the thread I created about me quitting the game after nine months of gaming - in a more polite manner.

I have been playing this game for much longer than you, and have contributed way more than you to this forum (and the game in general). I have posted many strategies, winning hands, tips, helped players get to higher prize tiers, and exchanged on many game development ideas with Hutch staff. As such, some people might be interested to read about some of my thoughts as I leave. It is also a nice feeling to write a closure statement after a major point is turned in one’s life.

Bundling my leaving post with others would actually make this post less visible and take away some of the intended impact. But I will venture to guess that you had written your comment with that exact aim in mind. Your comment is derogatory and insulting. Even worse, the fact that this is explicitely endorsed by the mod on this forum is one of the exact reasons why myself, and others before me, have left the forum and the game. Long gone are the days of @Huacanacha instating a sense of reason to this forum.
    Leaving out all this, Uh shall we say "playful" banter between forum mates I thought @Huacanacha left because he got very busy with work? I'm waiting for him to return.
    edited June 2018
    Right. So you are outraged at my use of an expression, DIRECTLY after you told me to "F" myself for suggesting a retirement thread? Your initial post was hypocritical, but that reply was just gold. 
    You still dont understand how your suggestion to bundle posts into a single retirement thread is insulting, in the context of my post, or are you playing dumb?
    To tell you to *** was equally insulting, but towards you, in proportional reaction to your comment.
    Your mysoginistic comment however is insulting towards half of the planet. And yes, you think I made it up but there were actually ladies on this forum, and they got bashed around. You seriously think there are no women reading this forum? So yes I am happy to highlight such negative comments that alienate potential new joiners and contribute to making a bad name for gaming and gamers.

Now please explain to me how my initial post is hypocritical, I am actually interested to hear.
    edited June 2018
    Double post *
    TD42792 said:

Leaving out all this Uh "playful" banter between forum mates, I thought @Huacanacha left because he got busy with work? I'm waiting on his return.
    That is what I remember as well. Been a long time though... I was still waiting for @Mettiti to come back as well, lol
    Dang your right @TD42792 @Mettiti has been MIA for a while
    Insulting? No. Harsh? Guilty.
    Cry me a river, mate. Every time one of these threads come up people say the same bloody thing! You have probably found it annoying yourself in the past! This is why we have an introduction thread. I merely suggested the opposite?

You
    decided to take that as a personal attack and then tried to be another internet tough guy...

And if you can't read through your initial 'declaration' and see the hypocrisy in your comments about self righteous posts (while insulting another forum member, might I add), I cant help you. 

I understand that you wanted to "write a closure statement after a major point is turned in one’s life." It's just a little much seeing these things all the time. Gets a tad bit depressing.

Now, good day to you, kind sir. 
    He clearly doesn't see it, nor the immense hypocrisy within. I explained it 42 times to the guy..That's why he has nothing more to say after making himself look like such a salty, narcissistic child.

Self grandiosity would also explain why he took my original post, suggesting these multiple separate threads as "spam", as a personal attack? Flagging it first, and then feeling the the need to jump straight up to an overtly offensive derogatory remark towards me personally (that was immediately removed for such reasons) all to protect such a fragile ego. It's sad. 

Well, It's sad if I was talking to a grown man, but I strongly suspect it's just a kid who hasnt had the time to self-reflect. No hard feelings on my end, I just stand up for myself in ANY situation like this in life.

Not ONE thread or post in the 10+ months I've been registered on this forum of me being negative, or argumentative like this exists to be found. I always try to be helpful and supportive. 

I do apologize to the other users on this forum for spamming such an historic, and informative thread. And to @Gsearch for making his life more difficult lol. 
  • CharlieRCharlieR Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    sometimes i'm generally amazed by things that i read on this forum - but i guess this why i like u all so much, this forum is at least 25% of the fun in this game 

p.s. bey for the leaving dude and i hope u r not coming back in a week or two - otherwise i just wasted 5 minutes reading your inspirational talks. 

p.p.s i think when i gonna be leaving this game - i'll order and article on WSJ and some adds on YouTube
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to hear you are leaving and thank you for your kind words. I’m pleased I eventually recognised you! I agree with a lot of what you say. Sadly this forum has become a barren wasteland of what it once was. Adieu.
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:

Major point in is turned in one’s life  😂😂😂

It’s just a mobile game

👋👋👋