General Discussion

Pikes Finals [EVENT]

Comments

• bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluedogsnoop said:100% agree with this. The change to the 15 CF packs and the higher prices for them are an obvious and cynical move. The prize cars are now just mainly rewarding those with a large budget as opposed to those that care about garage development over time. 

The tri-series format is designed to tempt us with pack purchases pure and simple and the 5 race event recently was the ultimate example. However it is dressed up, that is the goal. 

I understand Hutch are a business and need to invest in game development etc. but the leap recently from what is was, to what it is now is going to drive many away from the game. 

How many people will buy all 15 packs just to chase the GT-R, Juke-R or R390 GT1 they need to place in the top 8? If there is not any drags in the races in the final I will be genuinely amazed, as I cannot see Hutch missing the opportunity to have the players open packs for those cars. Hopefully I am proved wrong. 
    100%

In my eyes Nissan is a horrible manufacturer for this and not only because my Nissan garage is pants!

I'm not going to spend any money on chasing a Legendary which will almost certainly be needed, especially with the very slim odds.
    You might get 'lucky' and get an epic, the one and only, the mighty R34 which will be frankly bloody useless. Not one trackset where a Juke or GTR won't eat it for lunch, plus you'll need a bunch of fuses before it will beat an R32 or R33. Personally, I have other Epics way more deserving of B food.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and i hope that no new bugs we found or server errors for this Event!! because they want money but i don't want to play a beta game!!!
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Before anyone of you start something like "oh but other companies are doing the same with their games" nonsense, I'll give you guys this.
    We are playing this game, and we are just trying to make this game better for us. Sadly, Hutch in their early days seemed to be a player-friendly, transparent company that cares about their customers, but now after they've gone rich they don't give a [email protected] anymore... what, they just go around and ban people? And don't even get me started on the price of a CF pack. Oh now what? Increasing the prices on the gold? Let's see how long this will last. I will always be here. Like the posts above, the offers, sorry, "offers" now are ridiculously overpriced, they used to give out 999g, 1199g and 1299g packs, but now they are uniformly 1499 or 1599 gold? Not to mention that the drop rates are terrible? This is abhorrent. We just want a fun, easy game, and that's why most of us even picked up this game. It doesn't need any skill nor dedicated time, it's just pick up and play. Please don't ruin it, that's what nobody wants.

TL;DR
    CF packs are horribly overpriced and the drop rates is frankly, diabolical.
    Hutch doesn't really give a [email protected] anymore, since they've gone rich. Look at them, before they made TD they were pretty much unknown. TD was a big hit from them, I understand it's good business to make money (obviously, who doesn't), but don't throw away your playerbase just for the cash.
    Game has pretty much changed. Nothing resembles the peaceful game a year ago. Look at the exponentially growing number of rant threads in this forum... why would you ever want this?
    additional question: why is @MrTopDrive banned after just existing for 3 and a half hours, @jczero banned for no reason (at least none i heard of), @Olli8888 and @Rysio jailed, and are the bugs fixed?
    Hopefully they can address these issues asap, and bring us the game we all want.
    Or maybe, after passing this phase, there's no going back.

edit: Oh I just realised the TL;DR is as long as the main text
    I fear for myself that it is that. But getting rid of old players with big garages will allow new players to come in and spend so the cycle can continue...
    @Olli8888 seriously? :O :O
    so the game have a big issue if someone know before the trackset!! maybe it's better if you cancel your post...
  • DjehoetieDjehoetie Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    so the game have a big issue if someone know before the trackset!! maybe it's better if you cancel your post...
    This game has serious issues indead , but they keep banning people that are pointing them out or trying to help instead of fixing them.
    Djehoetie said:
    mauro07 said:
    This game has serious issues indead , but they keep banning people that are pointing them out or trying to help instead of fixing them.
    i don't understand... they need to fix this, not ban player that pay for play!! Bah.... if they use some chat for share info as line or telegram.. can you write a pm?
    edited September 2018
    mauro07 said:
    Djehoetie said:
    mauro07 said:
    i don't understand... they need to fix this, not ban player that pay for play!! Bah.... if they use some chat for share info as line or telegram.. can you write a pm?
    Believe me , i gave em a ton of suggestions and help already by pointing stuff out, they won't listen.

They rather increase the gold prices than fix this game.  
    But hey , maybe they will finally take notice when people won't buy any gold anymore and their jobs are on the line which will happen if this continues. But then it will be too late.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djehoetie said:
    mauro07 said:
    Pointing them out would be to send a message to in-game support.  Exploiting them, by sharing them on the forums, is what has been happening.  Don't kid yourself that posting them here is to "help Hutch".
    edited September 2018
    HeissRod said:
    Djehoetie said:
    mauro07 said:
    Pointing them out would be to send a message to in-game support.  Exploiting them, by sharing them on the forums, is what has been happening.  Don't kid yourself that posting them here is to "help Hutch".
    You don't know what i'm talking about.  
    We are in direct contact with Hutch members , and have been pointing out bugs for months to help making a better game experience for everyone.  
    This stuff on the forum is a result of not listening to the playerbase.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 832 admin
    edited September 2018
    Djehoetie said:
    We are in direct contact with Hutch members , and have been pointing out bugs for months to help making a better game experience for everyone.
    Bugs are fixed with every release. We will be fixing more in our next release. If there are some other high priority issues you think are being forgotten about, discuss them in a dedicated thread.

We are listening. For example, the quality of life fixes in 7.0 are from player suggestions.
    Djehoetie said:
    HeissRod said:
    Djehoetie said:
    mauro07 said:
    I don't?  You directly quoted someone talking about posting tracksets in advance.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 832 admin
    Bugs are fixed with every release. We will be fixing more in our next release. If there are some other high priority issues you think are being forgotten about, discuss them in a dedicated thread.

We are listening. For example, the quality of life fixes in 7.0 are from player suggestions.
    They are hardly fixed every release Robin, how long has the rolling slalom bug been going on? It’s been posted in dedicated threads, event threads, everywhere, but still no fix. 
    Bugs are fixed in every release, but not every bug has been fixed. You are right, the issue with resolver AI has been ongoing for a long time. As you may have seen from the resolver discussion threads, we've been diving into this bug and some of the other issues with the resolver for 7.0.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are hardly fixed every release Robin, how long has the rolling slalom bug been going on? It’s been posted in dedicated threads, event threads, everywhere, but still no fix. 
    Bugs are fixed in every release, but not every bug has been fixed. You are right, the issue with resolver AI has been ongoing for a long time. As you may have seen from the resolver discussion threads, we've been diving into this bug and some of the other issues with the resolver for 7.0.
    Lol so you should have said “some bugs are fixed with every release” I can understand this must be a difficult issue to resolve as it’s been going on so long but myself and others have asked before without reply, why not take that set out until the issue is resolved? It’s just a lottery, it would ease a lot of frustration. 

Lol so you should have said “some bugs are fixed with every release” I can understand this must be a difficult issue to resolve as it’s been going on so long but myself and others have asked before without reply, why not take that set out until the issue is resolved? It’s just a lottery, it would ease a lot of frustration. 
    Robin said "bugs are fixed with every release", not "all bugs are fixed with every release".
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭
    Heiss, some bugs have been out there for ages:)
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    HeissRod said:

Robin said "bugs are fixed with every release", not "all bugs are fixed with every release".
    Grammatically speaking yes he did but the way he wrote it implied that all bugs are fixed with every update which we all know isn’t true
    Danny said:
    HeissRod said:

Grammatically speaking yes he did but the way he wrote it implied that all bugs are fixed with every update which we all know isn’t true
    Of course he did. 
    HeissRod said:

You’re just being obtuse. 🤨  People’s frustrations lie when they do post about bugs as Robin suggested and they are seemingly not picked up on. I know they can’t fix everything at once but some things need prioritised. 
    HeissRod said:

You’re just being obtuse. 🤨  People’s frustrations lie when they do post about bugs as Robin suggested and they are seemingly not picked up on. I know they can’t fix everything at once but some things need prioritised. 
    LOL - And you weren't with your first sentence?  Come on...
    Danny said:
    HeissRod said:

You seem to be only focusing on the first half of his sentence.  Lets look at it again. :)

Bugs are fixed in every release, but not every bug has been fixed.

edited September 2018
    and about new bugs with every release? or even they adjust gold price and we see a lot of new bugs with weird results? :O :O
    HeissRod said:
    Danny said:
    HeissRod said:

You seem to be only focusing on the first half of his sentence.  Lets look at it again. :)

You’re quoting the wrong thing, that wasn’t the post we were discussing.  😉 
    I don’t think I was to be fair, I try to be respectful and polite when I speak to the devs, at the end of the day it’s just their job, Robin might not even like his job. 

HeissRod said:
    Danny said:
    HeissRod said:

You’re quoting the wrong thing, that wasn’t the post we were discussing.  😉 
    I don’t think I was to be fair, I try to be respectful and polite when I speak to the devs, at the end of the day it’s just their job, Robin might not even like his job. 

Then I guess I'm lost.  LOL :D
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tracks anyone?
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    Tracks anyone?
    it starts tomorrow
    Oops lol
  • ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    Tracks anyone?
    Oops lol
    But it was a nice way to cool the mood on the thread! 😂 
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    Before I was buying a 15x CF for 1499 or 1599 and usually grabed a maximum average epic for a price of maximum 25-30 US Dollar. In a result I was not feeling well when you spend such amount and get almost all the time repeatedly the same ultra rares. OK that is fine BUT for the price of 25 US dollar. BUT HUTCH now I have to spend almost 200 US Dollar for the same offer and for the same ultra rares and on the dream of getting a Legendary. Well, if they increased the price in such way why would not they increase the drop rates? For example CF pack gives an Epic or Legendary? They did that, so why would not they do this? A CURTAIN..................................... 
    Hvalen said:
    This is showing for me despite having never won the pikes peak. Anyone seeing the same or should I be worried?
    Maybe the pikes peak car is a requirement in the same way as French car for example.
    Is the standard final still showing?