PIKES PEAK OWNERS' CLUB [EVENT]

Comments

• UncleGaryUncleGary Posts: 220 ✭✭✭
    TD47959 said:
      So if a pikes peak owner stays until the end in the normal bracket and would win a 2nd pikes peak he would just end up with nothing? Lol
      The guy who finishes 9th is going to take real comfort in that I'm sure.
    • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would expect that team Hutch are in meetings all day trying to work out what’s happened and what to do.

but from Robins post, it looks like one way or another Mr Shih will not be rocking a 2nd Pikes Peak by Sunday. Maybe 
    • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks for the chat Robin. I would like to know how this will play out for owners. At the moment I’m not putting any effort into the event, as it feels unfair for me to be taking points off people in a battle for the pikes. On the other hand, if my chances at this “other car” will be based on my performance in this event, we need to know please!
    • Chris1775Chris1775 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭
      @BoxtaS At the same time, like @TD01055 said, they are already in the fight, and not everyone is considerate. They will get top 8 and bump people that actually need the car out. This whole thing is messed up in so many levels...so frustrating
      I’ve been kicked out! Gl everyone. Owners club is a huge let-down. Guaranteed CF but look at the prize car tiers!

• mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll take a GTS, gold and a carbon. But yikes, come 14th and you win little more than a Carbon.
    • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not sure why the prize spacing isn't the same as the regular event?
    • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
      HeissRod said:

I guess there will be much less players in this event.
      I wonder how many people will actually be in each bracket?
    • DannyDanny Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭
      HeissRod said:
      I wonder how many people will actually be in each bracket?
      Knowing hutch probably just one huge bracket so only 2 people can win the cayenne
    • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
      TD01055 said:
      I’ve been kicked out! Gl everyone. Owners club is a huge let-down. Guaranteed CF but look at the prize car tiers!

Honestly....... that’s a major kick in the teeth, people that have won a pikes in the past.... could probably win another one...... and they’re moved into this with a GTS for 1st and 2nd and rubbish for the rest when there’ll only be a handful of you. Hutch should be embarrassed. 
      Don't think so, they should be already happy with their Pikes and that they got it in the first place, although yeah the prizes are rubbish at best.
    • XA2XA2 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
      Come on! if the bracket is for 500 people make the prize spacing the same as the other! Otherwise make each bracket 100 or 200 people... 
    • ThephenomsprintThephenomsprint Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
      The cayenne is garbage compared to the pikes peak. Spending ZERO dollars on this event. 
    • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
      TGPD said:
      TD01055 said:

Honestly....... that’s a major kick in the teeth, people that have won a pikes in the past.... could probably win another one...... and they’re moved into this with a GTS for 1st and 2nd and rubbish for the rest when there’ll only be a handful of you. Hutch should be embarrassed. 
      Don't think so, they should be already happy with their Pikes and that they got it in the first place, although yeah the prizes are rubbish at best.
      With all due respect that’s horse 💩 and you know it, these are guys that have supported the game probably from day one, a used to be epic for 1st and 2nd? Come on, it should be at least an RQ30 or 5x CF for the first 5. 
      yeah I said I agree that the prizes are trash and you guys deserve better.
    • iron_styleiron_style Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
      The cayenne is garbage compared to the pikes peak. Spending ZERO dollars on this event. 
      You have a guaranteed CF, in the non-owner PP bracket will be so hard to get one of them.
      You have a guaranteed CF, in the non-owner PP bracket will be so hard to get one of them.
      Sorry if this sounds arrogant but all pikes owners would have breezed into CF positions and probably be fighting for top tier. Top prize going to 2/500 is stingy at best. It looks like a mistake may have been made and the groups were only supposed to be 50/100 people? @Hutch_Robin?
    • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bracket with 500 players? I dont like for our friends with pikes.. i think 100 it will be good and 5x for cf is a must... can't win a second pike but they can win something good!
    • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 928 admin
      Ozzman said:
      HeissRod said:
      Exactly this. We know how many people have won the Pikes Peak, so the prizes are not actually 2/500.
      TD01055 said:
      Sorry if this sounds arrogant but all pikes owners would have breezed into CF positions and probably be fighting for top tier. Top prize going to 2/500 is stingy at best. It looks like a mistake may have been made and the groups were only supposed to be 50/100 people? @Hutch_Robin?
      That's okay. The groups will be less than 50 or 100 players.

One of the safety mechanisms for creating events prevents tiny shards, so the 500 is just a number here.
    • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
      ...are there even 500 active players with a pp? 
      TD01055 said:

One of the safety mechanisms for creating events prevents tiny shards, so the 500 is just a number here.
      Are they all in one bracket?
    • XA2XA2 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
      Ozzman said:
      HeissRod said:
      Exactly this. We know how many people have won the Pikes Peak, so the prizes are not actually 2/500.
      TD01055 said:

So there will be multiple not-full brackets with less than 500 players?
      Or, imagine that there are 400 (for example) active players with the pikes peak, are they all in one bracket or are they put in different brackets of Lets say, 100 people? I thought a bracket needed to be filled in order to open a New one.

I will enter soon, so dont know how ir is working at the moment. 
    • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
      XA2 said:
      Ozzman said:
      HeissRod said:
      TD01055 said:

Or, imagine that there are 400 (for example) active players with the pikes peak, are they all in one bracket or are they put in different brackets of Lets say, 100 people? I thought a bracket needed to be filled in order to open a New one.

That's what I thought about opening new brackets, but yesterday there were only 31 players in my daily, today there are 38, and I usually join as soon as the daily starts, so I don't know how that works.
    • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
      XA2 said:
      Ozzman said:
      HeissRod said:
      TD01055 said:

There can be more than one bracket open at any one time, how many, I don’t know.
      Depending on what server you are on I’d be surprised if there are more than 20 entrants per zone, maybe the guys that have entered can shed some light on that. 
    • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
      ...are there even 500 active players with a pp? 
      I’d be surprised if there are 20% of that. Interested to find out. 
      Ozzman said:
      XA2 said:
      Ozzman said:
      HeissRod said:
      TD01055 said:

That's what I thought about opening new brackets, but yesterday there were only 31 players in my daily, today there are 38, and I usually join as soon as the daily starts, so I don't know how that works.
      I've seen my daily bracket double in size from ~30 > ~60 in the last hour of the event, because of people entering late. 
    • TomTurboTomTurbo Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
      edited September 2018
      Guys, the Pikes wasn‘t even handed out 500 times (at least not per region)...this would nean there‘d have been 100 brackets by that time.
    • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
      edited September 2018
      Hutch_Robin said: 

Really? Does it work? I mean, this was my daily event that just ended. I join the daily as soon as it starts and so did these other four. We literally had nobody else join our bracket for 23+ hours: